Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Does anyone know how to stop Revolut / Paypal charging me in Sterling when I make a Paypal transaction? My Revolut Card is the one on Paypal and I can't seem to find a setting for currency.

TIA!

I'd be interested to know this, AFAIK PayPal recognises it as a GB issued card so debits in GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Does anyone know how to stop Revolut / Paypal charging me in Sterling when I make a Paypal transaction? My Revolut Card is the one on Paypal and I can't seem to find a setting for currency.

TIA!

I think you need to change the settings in PayPal. You can change it so it always pays in the currency of the vendor. The setting is buried and very difficult to find but if you google it there should be a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

jakdublin wrote: »
    I think you need to change the settings in PayPal. You can change it so it always pays in the currency of the vendor. The setting is buried and very difficult to find but if you google it there should be a guide.

It used to be buried away but Paypal removed it .
    Really sneaky move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Usually you can change the currency when paying. I know I always make sure to pay in Sterling (on UK sites) and I let Revolut do the exchange. I have to check each time I'm doing it though as they seem to change it now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Wheety wrote: »
    Usually you can change the currency when paying. I know I always make sure to pay in Sterling (on UK sites) and I let Revolut do the exchange. I have to check each time I'm doing it though as they seem to change it now and again.

This was on Steam and they charged me in Euro but Paypal converted it charged in it Sterling for some odd reason. I'll raise a support ticket I guess and see what they say - should have just paid directly but I was being lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Does it take long to transfer from a credit union account to a revolut card?

Might be of interest to some Credit Union users - you could set up Google pay and top up revolut using that.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1206/1182762-fitbit-pay-and-google-pay-available-via-credit-unions/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

msmx5 wrote: »
    Might be of interest to some Credit Union users - you could set up Google pay and top up revolut using that.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1206/1182762-fitbit-pay-and-google-pay-available-via-credit-unions/

Isn't it ridiculous that Google pay is available from credit unions before some Irish Banks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Isn't it ridiculous that Google pay is available from credit unions before some Irish Banks

Credit unions are effectively banks now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Login to the Web based PayPal, select "Wallet" and set your primary currency to Euro. I can't find a way of doing it in the PayPal app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Does revolut accept any other form of id - my passport is out of date.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Unfortunately not.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Nope. In-date passports only

• Registered Users Posts: 23,518 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it be interesting to see how many kids have it to.

I know that our 9 and 11 do, they no longer use cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

My passport was renewed within 3 days online recently (ie within the last 2 weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Apologies if this has been asked multiple times but the thread is huge. How do you contact Revolut? I have three transactions on my account which I don't recognise and I'm trying to get answers but I can't see any way to contact them through the app or by phone. Facebook page doesn't seem to have much traffic and it says go to dashboard in the app but I can't see dashboard anywhere.
    It wasn't like this earlier on when contacting them was as easy as using Revolut itself but it seems to be all change now.
    Anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked multiple times but the thread is huge. How do you contact Revolut? I have three transactions on my account which I don't recognise and I'm trying to get answers but I can't see any way to contact them through the app or by phone. Facebook page doesn't seem to have much traffic and it says go to dashboard in the app but I can't see dashboard anywhere.
    It wasn't like this earlier on when contacting them was as easy as using Revolut itself but it seems to be all change now.
    Anybody any ideas?

First of all, freeze the card(s) in question to avoid further transactions.

Second, click on the transaction and choose "report an issue" and if that does not give you the answer scroll down to "Chat with us" and then "new chat".

Than tell Rita you want a human and be patient until they find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Lithuania? Another reason not use Revolut.

Poncke wrote: »
    Lithuania? Another reason not use Revolut.

It's only an electronic money license from Lithuania, management still sits in London and most customer service in Poland.

Most UK electronic money license companies moved to Lithuania because Ireland is terribly slow in granting licenses so that alternative is not happening quickly, even if some vendors would like due to the tax regime.

In effect you are hard pressed to find an electronic money UK company that following Brexit (when it finally happens at the end of the month) have not moved their EU customers to somewhere like Lithuania.

First of all, freeze the card(s) in question to avoid further transactions.

Second, click on the transaction and choose "report an issue" and if that does not give you the answer scroll down to "Chat with us" and then "new chat".

Than tell Rita you want a human and be patient until they find one.

Thanks but they're not actually outgoing transactions they're incoming which my bank insist were sent to Revolut but don't appear on my Revolut transactions list. All the numbers are the same as previous Revolut transactions just the amounts don't appear.

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Thanks but they're not actually outgoing transactions they're incoming which my bank insist were sent to Revolut but don't appear on my Revolut transactions list. All the numbers are the same as previous Revolut transactions just the amounts don't appear.

Okay than click on the bubble with your initials on the top menu (above the accounts/cards).

Find the little ? in a circle on the right side above your name and bubble with the initials on the right.

Scroll down to New chat and then again tell Rita you want a human.

And if that does not help, log a complaint

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9599PS9

Yes they use surveymonkey but you can also mail: formalcomplaints@revolut.com

Okay than click on the bubble with your initials on the top menu (above the accounts/cards).

Find the little ? in a circle on the right side above your name and bubble with the initials on the right.

Scroll down to New chat and then again tell Rita you want a human.

And if that does not help, log a complaint

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9599PS9

Yes they use surveymonkey but you can also mail: formalcomplaints@revolut.com

Thanks, I've done that, they say it'll be about two hours but sure I've nowhere to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Might not have picked up your problem right but if you're not seeing transactions check your balance in other currencies. The new layout makes it easy to miss these.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 WoodworkGuy

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's common, but a couple of times I've heard nearly word for word like he described.

"oh sorry need to topup my Revolut, 2 secs".

As most people use it as a pre-pay service, I don't think it's that shocking tbh. Saying Revolut is a bit weird though, that's true.

I've been caught out loads of times at tills without a balance in my Revolut account - and while I don't say it outloud, I can see why it would happen...

I work in a busy corner shop and it's common enough to have customers I'm serving forget to unfreeze their card/top up their card/etc, only realizing when their card gets declined.

Then they have to go into the app etc. which takes 20-30 seconds.

I'm not complaining, gives me some time to chill lol.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Might not have picked up your problem right but if you're not seeing transactions check your balance in other currencies. The new layout makes it easy to miss these.

Got it sorted last night, turned out it was because I was not using the latest version of the app. As soon as I updated the transactions appeared and the reason I didn't recognise them was because there was a €15 amount in the add money box and I kept pressing it trying to get a different amount instead of removing it :o. Felt a right thicko. Anyway, it wasn't enough to just update in app, I had to delete and reinstall, something to do with the move over to Lithuania, I think. Thanks to all

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

What is going on with Revolut recently?My top up visa is being deleted every 2-3 days ans sometimes take few times to top up account.They insisitng on some IBAN transfer but im not really sure do I want direct debit with them?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What is going on with Revolut recently?My top up visa is being deleted every 2-3 days ans sometimes take few times to top up account.They insisitng on some IBAN transfer but im not really sure do I want direct debit with them?

Can’t say that that’s happening to me, I’ve three different cards which I use to top up, my main one is my PTSB visa debit and all mine are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Revolut are saying it is resolved and I am liable for the payment. They've taken the money back off my card. If they have the documentation from the merchant I'll be very interested to see what it is.

well did u have any luck With This ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Revolut is basically unusable for me since the glitch two weeks ago where saved cards were deleted.
    Now every time I top up, whether it's €150 or €500 I am brought to the Visa or MasterCard 3Ds security where I have to wait for the pin to come through and authorize it, an absolute disaster, very inconvenient and adds way to much time now to topping up which was a seamless transaction previously.

I understand there's security but I've confirmed my identity and a once off 3DS covered it before.

I reckon it will turn a lot of users off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Using cards for any sort of online payment will be getting awkward. My future card use will likely be heavily influenced by which ones have the least annoying PSD2 (or whatever it is) security implementation. I'm fine with topping up revolut because I always use sepa.

Advertisement