Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That 3DS thing is a right pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Use Google pay to top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Anyone see the Brexit update within their app, I won't post all of it but it starts with
    As a consequence of the UK leaving the EU, starting January 1st, 2021, Revolut Trading Ltd (RTL) is no longer able to passport its services across the EEA as an appointed representative of its UK principal firm. RTL is no longer authorised to advertise, promote or otherwise privide the trading services in your country under EU law. By checking the circle below you confirm that you wish to continue trading with RTL and that.....

Is this just an untargetted memo that should have been more specific to certain people? As we already moved to Lithuania and got the Welcome to Revolut Europe email I'm thinking this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

That looks like the message I got as I was dabbling in shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

Is there any idea on the timeline regarding their Irish/EU licence?
    My account is restricted because my driving licence is no longer an acceptable form of ID due to Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hurrache wrote: »
    Anyone see the Brexit update within their app, I won't post all of it but it starts with

Is this just an untargetted memo that should have been more specific to certain people? As we already moved to Lithuania and got the Welcome to Revolut Europe email I'm thinking this is the case.
    This specifically applies to their share-trading service. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I've never traded in shares with them, I take it everyone regardless then gets the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Has anyone else had any trouble adding their LT iban to their credit union account? It keeps saying the BIC is invalid (it's not). I've emailed the CU, no word back yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone else had any trouble adding their LT iban to their credit union account? It keeps saying the BIC is invalid (it's not). I've emailed the CU, no word back yet.

Am still using GB IBAN in the hope I can switch straight to the IE one when they get their license.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Am still using GB IBAN in the hope I can switch straight to the IE one when they get their license.

I'm doing the same

Especially when you have to print and post forms in for some companies to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Thanks but they're not actually outgoing transactions they're incoming which my bank insist were sent to Revolut but don't appear on my Revolut transactions list. All the numbers are the same as previous Revolut transactions just the amounts don't appear.

Did you update to the new LT IBAN as the accounts have moved to LT as a result of Brexit, the old GB IBANs no longer work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

jahalpin wrote: »
    Did you update to the new LT IBAN as the accounts have moved to LT as a result of Brexit, the old GB IBANs no longer work

Yes, the latest version of the app includes that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Looks like Revolut is planning to roll out a new subscription option with a few added benefits (Revolut Plus), separate from Premium and Metal. The UK version is available at £2.99 so I'd imagine it will be €3.49/€3.99 in Ireland when it launches next week. Not sure if the benefits will be worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

DubDJ wrote: »
    Looks like Revolut is planning to roll out a new subscription option with a few added benefits (Revolut Plus), separate from Premium and Metal. The UK version is available at £2.99 so I'd imagine it will be €3.49/€3.99 in Ireland when it launches next week. Not sure if the benefits will be worth the price.

They have to keep the investors happy somehow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

jahalpin wrote: »

GB IBAN does still work, they said it will for 6 months.

Virgin Media
    Hi, it?s Virgin Media. We are contacting you today as you have been paying your bills through Direct Debit and using a GB bank account, as the UK will no longer be part of the EU/EEA post Brexit from the 1st January 2021 we will no longer be able process a direct debit from this account. You will need to login to virginmedia.ie/sign-in/ and update your payment preferences using an EU bank account. Thank you.

Incorrect format. It should look like IE29AIBK93115212345678 and be between 22 and 34 characters

Electric Ireland
    Please enter a valid IBAN

So back to bits of paper or use bank or credit union

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

jeffk wrote: »

Is your account dependent on having a direct debit? They used to give a discount for direct debit but when they stopped doing that I removed it. Paid by card on their website instead

Dodge wrote: »
    Is your account dependent on having a direct debit? They used to give a discount for direct debit but when they stopped doing that I removed it. Paid by card on their website instead

I think I will go that route as they do give you two weeks or so notice to go online and pay it

Shame cant have it setup to just take money from the card , sky do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

jeffk wrote:
    Virgin Media Hi, it?s Virgin Media. We are contacting you today as you have been paying your bills through Direct Debit and using a GB bank account, as the UK will no longer be part of the EU/EEA post Brexit from the 1st January 2021 we will no longer be able process a direct debit from this account. You will need to login to virginmedia.ie/sign-in/ and update your payment preferences using an EU bank account. Thank you.

jeffk wrote:

So why can't you setup your direct debits using your new LT IBAN?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    So why can't you setup your direct debits using your new LT IBAN?

Virgin Media
    Incorrect format. It should look like IE29AIBK93115212345678 and be between 22 and 34 characters

Electric Ireland
    Please enter a valid IBAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

That would appear to be a limitation with VM & EI processing software. The LT IBAN provided by Revolut is valid. Submit the LT IBAN to VM & EI on a paper DD mandate form.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    That would appear to be a limitation with VM processing software. The LT IBAN provided by Revolut is valid. Submit the LT IBAN to VM on a paper DD mandate form.

I think I will have to as according to RTE could be a year before Revolut get their Irish IBAN :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Providers usually require written instructions for non Irish bank account.

Virgin media has a form you can download.

Providers usually require written instructions for non Irish bank account.

Virgin media has a form you can download.

Yeah I done that before thanks

Just bad luck I moved to revolut only a few months ago and then this happens so have to do it again for some of the bills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Hi,

Had a really strange message on my revolut app the other day when I logged in. See attached, they were asking was I related to some other person? They also addressed me by the wrong name! Not sure if this is some sort of scam or not, I hope not as it was from inside my revolut account!

I chatted further with them and they claimed it was for their Know Your Customer (KYC) obligations. I refused to give any info as it seems very obtrusive and odd!

In the end they provided some dodgy looking link to fill in some SurveyMonkey form to take the complaint further.

Has anyone else seen or received similar on Revolut recently?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

That sounds like they are doing checks for a politically exposed person. But in a less than perfect manner.

rob w wrote: »
    Hi,

Had a really strange message on my revolut app the other day when I logged in. See attached, they were asking was I related to some other person? They also addressed me by the wrong name! Not sure if this is some sort of scam or not, I hope not as it was from inside my revolut account!

I chatted further with them and they claimed it was for their Know Your Customer (KYC) obligations. I refused to give any info as it seems very obtrusive and odd!

In the end they provided some dodgy looking link to fill in some SurveyMonkey form to take the complaint further.

Has anyone else seen or received similar on Revolut recently?

Thanks
    How would you know which Robert b Nolan though ? There could be hundreds of them.Bit stupid asking a Question like that with out giving you more info. You could say yes & not be the right fellow at all & then they say but u said you know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Friend had the same thing on Saturday, no functions in the app would work for her and a message saying she needed to chat to support. After about 12 hours, support finally responded and asked her if she was related to some random dude with the same surname.

Strange KYC procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

How would you know which Robert b Nolan though ? There could be hundreds of them.Bit stupid asking a Question like that with out giving you more info. You could say yes & not be the right fellow at all & then they say but u said you know him.

I know, that's what I thought! And they just kept repeating the question while apologising for the inconvenience. It was weird! I didn't give any info to them anyway, but don't think they have restricted my account as I've used it since!

• Advertisement

rob w wrote: »
    I know, that's what I thought! And they just kept repeating the question while apologising for the inconvenience. It was weird! I didn't give any info to them anyway, but don't think they have restricted my account as I've used it since!
    i would have said it to them which richard ?? & then questioned were they really support?

2 can play that game as in ask a stupid question get a stupid answer

Advertisement