Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I like the new feature where they tell me how much I've spent in the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Hi, My Revolut app has recently updated to ver 7.30.1. Amongst the changes "Exchange" has now become "Buy" or "Sell". I can no longer see the Auto-exchange function. Anyone know whether the Auto-exchange function still exists & if so where can I find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Hi, My Revolut app has recently updated to ver 7.30.1. Amongst the changes "Exchange" has now become "Buy" or "Sell". I can no longer see the Auto-exchange function. Anyone know whether the Auto-exchange function still exists & if so where can I find it?
    No exaggeration I spent 5 minutes yesterday trying to find how to exchange currency, it's like they've tried to hide their most publicised feature.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

TheChizler wrote: »
    No exaggeration I spent 5 minutes yesterday trying to find how to exchange currency, it's like they've tried to hide their most publicised feature.

Unfortunately this is a common complaint across the boards. There was a time when we had UI designers, focus group testing etc... now if the business guy and the techie think it’s fine it ships and of course since they know where they put everything....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is a common complaint across the boards. There was a time when we had UI designers, focus group testing etc... now if the business guy and the techie think it’s fine it ships and of course since they know where they put everything....

The standard has got worse now days,seems to gone down hill an awful lot,all about how quick u can get it out dont mind the bugs or interface we try & fix that later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

It's under (Orders). Can also create alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Lads does Revolut allow 2FA on the phone app?

I can't find the option in the phone.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Anyone use Permanent TSB to top up and having issues the last few days awaiting the one time passcode to arrive to complete the transaction? Passcode may eventually arrive, but a long time after the transaction expires within the Revolut app. Never had the issue before.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hurrache wrote: »
    Anyone use Permanent TSB to top up and having issues the last few days awaiting the one time passcode to arrive to complete the transaction? Passcode may eventually arrive, but a long time after the transaction expires within the Revolut app. Never had the issue before.

Had an issue yesterday whereby I had to re-enter in my PTSB cvv number into the app, I then had to go through the text verification again, text was fairly instant for me anyway. I’ve an iPhone and am also with GoMo, if that’s any help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mooz

Website was crashing yesterday. Problem wasn't rectified until late yesterday evening

• Advertisement

Cheers. I was aware of PTSBs underlying issue with the app which they said had been resolved, verification texts still seem to be an issue. The latest from this morning took 20 minutes to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not sure if it helps you but I switched from Ptsb card top ups to Apple Pay top ups (with Ptsb) and they’re instant

I might change to Google Pay or just the method I used to top-up. I recently tried again and the verification message was instant, like how it normally is, so for the moment I'll put it down to PTSB issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I might change to Google Pay or just the method I used to top-up. I recently tried again and the verification message was instant, like how it normally is, so for the moment I'll put it down to PTSB issues.

I don't think PTSB support Google pay currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Kamili wrote: »
    I don't think PTSB support Google pay currently.

Correct, only Apple Pay for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I've been getting the PTSB text pretty quick but what I have noticed has happened twice ( once at the weekend and also this evening) is that when I get the code and enter it, my top up goes through but 10 mins later I get a Revolut notification saying the top up was declined but yet the money still shows in the account.

Also, has the live exchange rates section of the app moved or disappeared? I don't seem to be able to find it and it was always handy to work out prices on purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Can't put any money in sent from bank and returned to my own bank. Tried to contact them but nothing so going to close account

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

markc1184 wrote: »
    Also, has the live exchange rates section of the app moved or disappeared? I don't seem to be able to find it and it was always handy to work out prices on purchases.

On the main page press the Star icon (for favourites). There you will find both watchlist and Converter.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Can't put any money in sent from bank and returned to my own bank. Tried to contact them but nothing so going to close account
    Did you use the new Lithuanian IBAN? Your bank may be mistakenly rejecting GB IBANs for euro transactions or something due to Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi Guys,
    Anyone getting issues using card in store? just tried to make a payment of 700euro and was declined. plenty of money on card and used in same store before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

BrookieD wrote:
    Hi Guys, Anyone getting issues using card in store? just tried to make a payment of 700euro and was declined. plenty of money on card and used in same store before?

The amount probably exceeds the stores limit for payment by pre-pay cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Most recent Revolut cards are no longer pre-paid but Debit.

There could be loads of reason, did you get a rejection in the app? It should give you a reason or at least an indication.

If there is not even an authorization request in the app than most likely the merchant credit card processor will have a code on the receipt you got for the failed transaction that indicates what went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

ahhh i mised that one... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Anybody else get charged Irish Government stamp duty (the 12 cent ATM charge) when they know they never once used the card in the last 12 months to withdraw from an ATM?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Anybody else get charged Irish Government stamp duty (the 12 cent ATM charge) when they know they never once used the card in the last 12 months to withdraw from an ATM?

I know for a fact that I only used an atm withdrawal twice last year, I have atm withdrawals turned off in the app, on both occasions which were in December, I was charged the 12c at the time of each transactions.

They just charged me 12 cent saying it's for January 1, 2021. I haven't used a Revolut card at an ATM for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Delta2113 wrote: »
    They just charged me 12 cent saying it's for January 1, 2021. I haven't used a Revolut card at an ATM for years.

The 12c charge (stamp duty) is not made at the ATM . Revenue get the banks to charge it in arrears for a whole year every January.

They must have you down as using it once last year .
    Hardly worth going for a refund though ?:(

I will chase it up. It's the principle.

Ogham wrote: »
    The 12c charge (stamp duty) is not made at the ATM . Revenue get the banks to charge it in arrears for a whole year every January.

They must have you down as using it once last year .
    Hardly worth going for a refund though ?:(

You are wrong here, the 12c is taken at the time of the atm withdrawal

4922-CCB5-4733-489-A-BA68-E8-D8-B16-F55-AA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

Using it for payments for over 12 months now and paying no commission unlike PayPal. When will I start paying commission?

Advertisement