Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Using it for payments for over 12 months now and paying no commission unlike PayPal. When will I start paying commission?

That’s not commission, it’s government stamp duty on ATM withdrawals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I was wrong - I have a linked account and it was just showing the ATM charge for it in the analytics. I just waisted a lovely girls time on chat but she got there in the end.

Revolut correct. Happen to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You are wrong here, the 12c is taken at the time of the atm withdrawal

4922-CCB5-4733-489-A-BA68-E8-D8-B16-F55-AA.jpg

Sorry , you're right. Revolut take it each time and stop when it reache s a fiver in a year.
    The "old" banks do it annually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I keep having to re-upload my profile picture and save after every few days. Anybody else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

See now you can give other users in the vault access to now withdraw also and not just the admin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I keep having to re-upload my profile picture and save after every few days. Anybody else having this issue?

I see enough of my own mug in the mirror i don't really wanna see it on my banking app :p....But to answer your question No issues here myself on iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mr.S wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/news/banks-come-together-to-develop-payment-app-to-rival-revolut-39955966.html

AIB, Bank of Ireland, Permanent TSB and KBC Bank are going into a venture to take on Revolut and Apple Pay:

Would the easier option not be to just support SEPA Instant!?

Seems very overkill - you can already receive instant payments if it's an inter-bank transfer. Do they really need to develop a whole other system for instant p2p payments?

They'll spend a load of money and done up with something like what Revolut et al had 6 months ago, bit delivered in 6 months time. It will then not be developed for the next 6 years, at which time a new system will be required to catch up to the competition. It will also be hamstrung like Laser, in that it only works on Ireland, and will probably be replaced with SEPA instant.

I also wonder how it will look from a competition pov. It will be all the banks in the market, except N26 and Bunq, ganging up to get rid of any newer entrants to their market (I'm assuming EBS are coming in 7nder AIB and that Ulster are leaving the market).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Mr.S wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/news/banks-come-together-to-develop-payment-app-to-rival-revolut-39955966.html

AIB, Bank of Ireland, Permanent TSB and KBC Bank are going into a venture to take on Revolut and Apple Pay:

Would the easier option not be to just support SEPA Instant!?

Seems very overkill - you can already receive instant payments if it's an inter-bank transfer. Do they really need to develop a whole other system for instant p2p payments?

I'm guessing it's going to just be a way to associate people's phone numbers or emails with their IBAN, like what AIB did years ago with the me2u app (which got canned cause noone was using it).

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

I’m sure it’s been answered here but has anyone any experience of doing a chargeback with Revolut?

Is it an easy enough process?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    I’m sure it’s been answered here but has anyone any experience of doing a chargeback with Revolut?

Yep worked well for me See post here Start it off via the chat and be prepared for it to take a bit of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

BlondeBomb wrote: »

I got a chargeback from Revolut for an electric scooter. The scooter cost over 1,200 USD.

I bought the scooter from a fairly well known Chinese distributor and the scooter broke down 1 day after it arrived.

The Chinese company weren't very helpful on their own chat and offered different solutions each time I chatted with them.
    They would not agree to pay for the return shipping costs so after a week or two of back and forth with them I initiated the chargeback through Revolut.

It's not a painless process so be prepared for a bit of work. You have to provide evidence that you tried to resolve the issue with the seller.
    I supplied copies of the chat with the seller.

After I supplied everything it went quiet for a good few weeks but I was able to get updates whenever I checked in.
    The updates were just "we are working on the issue..." type messages but it gave me the confidence that it was being dealt with.

The whole thing took just over 3 months to get my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Thank you both.

It seems to be with a reputable company (I’ve not used them before). Order was shipped and then requested to be returned to seller before it was delivered.

I’ve queried this and received no reply. Also, tried them on their social media but silence too.

Others seem to be having similar issues.

Only evidence of engagement is the emails where I’ve no reply and screen shots I guess of a tweet sent on Twitter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thankfully I haven’t had to request any charge backs but would using a disposal card have any effect on it?

(ie if I paid using a disposable card, that is ‘destroyed’, can a refund still be posted to that account)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Chargebacks and refunds are possible on disposable cards.

Support for disputes is one reason why I swapped to zen as card for internet purchases. Their support from MasterCard for disputes is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

What is zen? I've been with revolut from the beginning and don't really have much to complain about, it's usually reliable. Lately however, I just find it has become very user unfriendly, everything seems to be a hassle and the fact I'm a lazy fcuker doesn't help.

Zen is a new startup offering multi currency account with a MasterCard that has additional benefits like shopping protection and extra warranty.

Not as polished and overblown as Revolut with a simple service and app but outstanding customer support and they are one of the first out of that new MasterCard fintech program

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058137642&referrerid=54515

Zen is a new startup offering multi currency account with a MasterCard that has additional benefits like shopping protection and extra warranty.

Not as polished and overblown as Revolut with a simple service and app but outstanding customer support and they are one of the first out of that new MasterCard fintech program

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058137642&referrerid=54515

is it free and is it as easy to use as Revolut? Where is it available?

The linked post gives you an overview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Marhay70 wrote: »
    is it free and is it as easy to use as Revolut? Where is it available?

You actually quoted the link that answers that?

In post 2211 right under my sentence

• Advertisement

In post 2211 right under my sentence

Yep, thanks, I had already asked the question before I clicked on the link. Told you I was a lazy fcuker.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Dodge wrote: »
    Thankfully I haven’t had to request any charge backs but would using a disposal card have any effect on it?

(ie if I paid using a disposable card, that is ‘destroyed’, can a refund still be posted to that account)

Yes the refund will go to your account and you will see it on your transactions. I paid an entry fee for last years Paris marathon with a virtual and when the money was refunded there was no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Would anyone know the situation with revolut in Canada ?

I have an account from ireland, and have canadian dollar set up which I'm using at the moment.

But are they set up if I wanted to get paid by an employer ? I think from looking at the details I'm on the lithuanian license.

Any information or suggestions on this ?

Am I an idiot for setting these guys up as the account I get paid into? Sitting looking at a balance that’s 1 paycheque short of what’s right, but that could be on the company’s side of things. If I used to get pay drop into my account on X day, wpuld I expect the same time for the Revolut or will it be later?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

If I used to get pay drop into my account on X day, wpuld I expect the same time for the Revolut or will it be later?
    It's a bit later for me, get payment to revolut AC at 7am, wages through BOI would be credited earlier in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If I used to get pay drop into my account on X day, wpuld I expect the same time for the Revolut or will it be later?

If you used the same bank as the company then it would have been same day previously, changing banks could introduce a day or two of delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Every single time I top up using my PTSB debit card I have to wait for the six digit code now, even for €15. It's been pretty instant but a pita all the same. The cynic in me says it's PTSB trying to put me off using Revolut.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Every single time I top up using my PTSB debit card I have to wait for the six digit code now, even for €15. It's been pretty instant but a pita all the same. The cynic in me says it's PTSB trying to put me off using Revolut.

Mine has been the same the last week to 10 days, I now just top up via Apple Pay instead

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If anyone is part of the Beta for Revolut.
    It's now not running on a range of rooted devices aswell as a other Android non-root OS.
    It can be solved by uninstalling, leaving the beta and installing the plain app.

Magical hide doesn't work and I haven't had much of a play yet but I'm assuming in my own case it's a CTS Verity issue but I'm not too bothered by it.
    Just wanted to give a heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

banie01 wrote: »
    If anyone is part of the Beta for Revolut.
    It's now not running on a range of rooted devices aswell as a other Android non-root OS.
    It can be solved by uninstalling, leaving the beta and installing the plain app.

Magical hide doesn't work and I haven't had much of a play yet but I'm assuming in my own case it's a CTS Verity issue but I'm not too bothered by it.
    Just wanted to give a heads up.

I'm not in the beta and I've just gotten an update to the app blocking me from using it as I'm rooted. Not happy to get this with no warning. I've no intention of factory resetting my phone. Will have to see if I can install it on my work iPhone.

Advertisement