Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Just locked me out of revolut now, not on rooted device and didn't update anything

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

KilOit wrote: »
    Just locked me out of revolut now, not on rooted device and didn't update anything

It's not just rooted devices that are being affected unfortunately.
    It's also hitting custom ROMs without root and devices with unlocked bootloaders.

It's a OnePlus nord at factory settings

There is a workaround for this issue that I've tried and can confirm works.

If you install an earlier version of Revolut, anything before the 14/1 last release.
    It will install and run as normal, you need to ensure that you switch auto-updates for it off in play store.

As it's a financial app, only download/install an .APK from a source you have confidence in.
    DYOR and be sure to keep safe.

It's a OnePlus nord at factory settings

Running Oxygen OS?

• Advertisement

I'll try, it was working an hour ago and didn't update anything unless it was some backend update from revolut. I'm sure I'm not the only one affected by this.

banie01 wrote: »
    Running Oxygen OS?

Yes

Yes

Technically because of however Revolut have coded the OS id function, it's tripping the Revolut app to see the phone as rooted.
    Oxygen is despite being factory fresh, a custom os as far as Revolut seem to be concerned.

The work around is posted a few posts up and it does work and should until Revolut make the update mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Yes

I'm running the same, standard Nord on factory settings etc and up to date app. I'm working fine with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Has anyone ever successfully got a statement of the money thats held in there vault/group vaults?

Myself and the misses have a group vault to save for the mortgage and off course need a statement of our savings but trying to get proof of these from revolut is a nightmare. They keep sending us out our current account which shows the money going to the vaults but can't get a statement of the vaults themselfs.

Any ideas before I move my money to a credit union to just to prove we have the savings. :eek:

• Advertisement

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever successfully got a statement of the money thats held in there vault/group vaults?

Myself and the misses have a group vault to save for the mortgage and off course need a statement of our savings but trying to get proof of these from revolut is a nightmare. They keep sending us out our current account which shows the money going to the vaults but can't get a statement of the vaults themselfs.

Any ideas before I move my money to a credit union to just to prove we have the savings. :eek:

Please move savings away from Revolut. I have nothing against them but they aren't for savings and do not have banking licences and so are not part of deposit protection schemes. They have e-money licences, with a bank your savings are protected up to 100k, with anything else you have no protection.

It would be different if you were investing for gain and accepting risk, but this is for a mortgage. While it's unlikely they'll go bust in the morning, stranger things have happened. See Wirecard Germany.

Please move savings away from Revolut. I have nothing against them but they aren't for savings and do not have banking licences and so are not part of deposit protection schemes. They have e-money licences, with a bank your savings are protected up to 100k, with anything else you have no protection.

It would be different if you were investing for gain and accepting risk, but this is for a mortgage. While it's unlikely they'll go bust in the morning, stranger things have happened. See Wirecard Germany.

Did they not get a lithuania banking license in the last year to protect like a bank up-to 100k?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Did they not get a lithuania banking license in the last year to protect like a bank up-to 100k?

They do have a bank license but it is not in use for Irish customers, those are on the emoney license.

The bank license is only in use for Lithuanian and polish customers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

In a thread with a lot of stupid posts/ideas this may take the biscuit. Move your money. Now.

Finance is tricky and it's not everyone's strong suit. Were it not for forums like this, I think most people would not know that their money night not be so safe in Revolut. I only know because I work in finance.

Always ask the question I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Use Revolut for spending Online, when travelling for best exchange rates and for spending when out and about.

Don't use it as a savings account.

In a thread with a lot of stupid posts/ideas this may take the biscuit. Move your money. Now.

I do like a good biscuit mind....but otherwise will take your advice on board and move to saver environments....luckily our savings on Revolut aren’t huge anyway but I’m sure there is others reading this that perhaps has a right few euro in there vaults also so this could be a heads up....

Thanks all..

banie01 wrote: »
    Technically because of however Revolut have coded the OS id function, it's tripping the Revolut app to see the phone as rooted.
    Oxygen is despite being factory fresh, a custom os as far as Revolut seem to be concerned.

The work around is posted a few posts up and it does work and should until Revolut make the update mandatory.
    Thanks, previous version of Revolut worked no problem, auto update is off till it's sorted on their end hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

If you use Magisk, there's an option to rename it to hide it. This works on the original update that broke it.

There's a more recent update, bit I'm not going to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mr.S wrote: »
    To be fair, a quick Google would show that Revolut in IE is not covered under the DGS.

What doesn't help is the wording on Revolut's website.

There is protection of client funds though, but yes you would be a bit silly to put a large amount of funds into Revolut.

Not only is Revolut not covered under the DGS , there is also the risk of them freezing your account on a whim.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Credit Unions want to appeal to the Revolut generation...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Who are the revolut generation? I work on finance, and all the manger, who are in their 40s, use revolut. I doubt if any of them are members of a credit union. If credit unions are more expensive than their competition, they need some other reason to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and they do that by having an article in a newspaper and one with an old demographic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mr.S wrote: »
    But...they do? Revolut can't offer what CU's provide.

The issue with CU's is that most of them are stuck in the stone ages with regards mobile / online features - it's only fairly recently that CU's started to offer a debit card for use online etc (!)

Their competition is banks providing loans. My local credit union offers personal loans at 10.94%. bonkers.ie comparison for personal loans shows all the banks are lower than that. An Post will do it for 4.9%. I'm not seeing what credit unions can offer potential customers right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

how long do bank transfers to revolut normally take?... its from a personal PTSB account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭irelandrover

How long before you can withdraw money after selling stocks?
    I sold stocks thursday last week but it is still unavailable as it is unsettled money.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

jobless wrote: »
    how long do bank transfers to revolut normally take?... its from a personal PTSB account

During banking hours, it normally takes a couple of hours for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I sold stocks thursday last week but it is still unavailable as it is unsettled money.

Here is the thing, it normally takes 2 to 5 business days for a stock exchange transaction to settle. However these days most brokers just credit you with the cash more or less immediately and the settlement just completes in the background.

So unless the transaction was from something exotic or you are dealing with a very small broker, I would have expected you'd have access to the cash by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Maybe also take into account that today is a holiday in the US and NYSE market is closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭tenreds

I work in NI but my wages are paid into my Irish bank account ( BOI). Since the start of January bank has been charging me €7.50 every week for my wages coming in to the bank I think because of Brexit.Would it be better if I got my wages paid into my Revolut account and just transfer then into my Irish bank account

Advertisement