Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Robinhood and a few others seem to be blocking a few of them (BB/GME/AMC etc), Revolut was stopping them this morning at opening while trading212 was having no issues.
    I wonder is revolut taking same stance as robinhood etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭This is it

Suckit wrote: »
    Robinhood and a few others seem to be blocking a few of them (BB/GME/AMC etc), Revolut was stopping them this morning at opening while trading212 was having no issues.
    I wonder is revolut taking same stance as robinhood etc.

212 removed buys on GME and others. Revolut didn't, everything slowed on open, 2.30pm, which was expected to be honest. Revolut kept GME open all day. If you couldn't buy it was down to a halt or sheer volume of transactions

Didn't realise 212 had done anything (and I had half expected them to). I wasn't able to pay attention for most of the day. Nothing was going through on revolut from opening and a few other times I tried, however I did eventually get what I wanted at one of dips.
    so some sort of bottleneck with them makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭beachhead

How are Revolut able to operate here without an Irish banking licence?

You should contact the Central Bank of Ireland if you have concerns about the services provided by Revolut here.They are the experts not boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭irelandrover

doney84 wrote: »
    You can leave out the second step as Revoult will do that for you. Just add funds to your EUR account and make sure to select pay in GBP on Amazon, enter your Revolut card details and FX conversion will happen on the fly.

If you already have enough GBP held on Revolut it will use this for your purchase, if not it will convert what it needs and take the full amount from your EUR account.

Just don't do the transaction at the weekend if you let Revout do the conversion. If you want to buy from Amazon over the weekend then convert some EUR to GBP on Friday. Weekend rates are worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Hey,

I have my daughter set up on a Junior account.
    We have just been comparing her balance in her app versus my view of her balance in my app and they differ.
    There seems to be 2 top ups that I have recorded in my app but have not appeared in her app.
    We tried to log out of her app but it throws an error with the app when she does.

Anyone come across this issue ?
    Will get her to delete the app and reinstall in the meantime and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Anyone come across this issue ? Will get her to delete the app and reinstall in the meantime and see what happens

It could be that she has accidentally hidden the two transactions. Run a statement of her account & see if the missing entries are shown on the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

EU customers do not get an US local bank account for transfers and ACH also does not work.

Options are
    Wire transfer to the LT IBAN in $ which is expensive
    Use the Chase Debit Card directly
    Use the Chase Debit Card via Apple Pay

Or get a transfer wise borderless account, a local US transfer to it via ACH and than throw it over to Revolut which is both costly and time consuming.

Or using your SSN and Us address create US Revolut account, load that and transfer to your EU Revolut account
    Last year I did a couple of small topups using Chase Debit Card and was changed $10 for each one.
    On 20 Jan 2020, I did two top-ups to Revolut -- $20 (charged at 20.37) and $120 (charged at 122.21). The following day Visa charged $20 in bank fees - as two $10 charges. Since I hadn't used the Visa card at all otherwise since September, I presume these charges were for the transfers to Revolut.

So won't be doing that again. Someone on here commented that the $10 was a cash advance fee.

But now wondering how to set up US Revolut account. Can I do it on the same mobile? Within the same app? or is there a separate app for US?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

I was charged stamp duty by AIB for a Revolut deposit. Is this standard?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

theglobe wrote: »

Stamp duty is applied in January every year, so it may be that it happened that you had a Revolut deposit at the same time, but it is not connected to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Mr.S wrote: »
    Unrelated.

What AIB might start charging for is Revolut top up via credit-cards as a cash-advanced fee. Surprised they haven't already.

AIB don't need anybody to put rip off ideas in their head, it's full of them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Marhay70 wrote: »
    AIB don't need anybody to put rip off ideas in their head, it's full of them. :mad:

It is a cash advance fee though. You’re borrowing money you don’t own off your credit card, putting it on your Revolut and taking it out of atm’s for example. it’s one of the many ways credit card issuers make money.

It’s outlined when you sign up the the credit card, just because they ain’t charging it now doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

theglobe wrote: »

Stamp duty?

Are you sure it's not a fee associated with making a non EU transfer (if you were using the GB IBAN).

I'm getting emails from Revolut when people paying my GB IBAN saying the other bank could imposd a fee and to change to the LT one instead.

Am hoping the IE one will be out soon so people (no revolut users) only have to update by bank details once.

Mr.S wrote:
    Other banks do it, so only a matter of time!

Which banks do it?

Anybody having problems transferring money between Revolut accounts. My daughter tried to transfer funds to me yesterday and it was reverted to her account today. She tried again today but it is showing as pending. I successfully done a transfer to her account. Her app is up to date (ver 7.33.1).

Edit: Problem resolved via Revolut chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mrtoast

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Anybody having problems transferring money between Revolut accounts. My daughter tried to transfer funds to me yesterday and it was reverted to her account today. She tried again today but it is showing as pending. I successfully done a transfer to her account. Her app is up to date (ver 7.33.1).

I’m not sure if it’s the same thing but I have been blocked from sending a payment on my account all evening- message said I needed to upgrade my account- and when I logged off and logged in again the app won’t accept my passcode, giving me the message “we’re sorry something has gone wrong. Please try later.”
    I’ve only been using revolut for a few months but I haven’t encountered this before. Is there a general problem or am I missing something basic? I was on ver 7.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Gooser14 wrote: »

yes. tried transfer to someone earlier today and went pending. just cancelled and will send via paypal instead.

mrtoast wrote:
    I’m not sure if it’s the same thing but I have been blocked from sending a payment on my account all evening- message said I needed to upgrade my account- and when I logged off and logged in again the app won’t accept my passcode, giving me the message “we’re sorry something has gone wrong. Please try later.†I’ve only been using revolut for a few months but I haven’t encountered this before. Is there a general problem or am I missing something basic? I was on ver 7.4

My daughter contacted Revolut via their chat & the issue has been resolved. They didn't say what was causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Does anyone have any government payments paid direct to there revolut account???

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Once upon a time I had my analytics setup that the start/end of the month was the 25th. Now it's back to calender month and I can't seem to change it back. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Danielcurley

Has anyone actually received cashback from revolut? I’ve spent a significant amount of money at one of the retailers they offer cashback from over the last 6 months and haven’t got a penny of it back from them. I was on to customer support about it but may aswell have been talking to a wall and since it was “passed on to the relevant department” it seems like they’re just using that as an excuse to not look into it any further

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Has anyone actually received cashback from revolut? I’ve spent a significant amount of money at one of the retailers they offer cashback from over the last 6 months and haven’t got a penny of it back from them. I was on to customer support about it but may aswell have been talking to a wall and since it was “passed on to the relevant department” it seems like they’re just using that as an excuse to not look into it any further

I forgot all about it until now. Bought from ASOS a while ago but received nothing so far.

Looks like Revolut can no longer offer buying of GME and AMC due to their broker (DriveWealth) no longer offering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Does anyone have any government payments paid direct to there revolut account???
    Got my tax refund paid in if that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭drogon.

I forgot all about it until now. Bought from ASOS a while ago but received nothing so far.

Same here, I did contact them once and they said it can take up to 3 months and now that has come and gone, no cash back yet.

I guess everyone just forgets about it if it can take up to 3 months

Kind of an aside, but apart from all the historic horror stories does anyone know anyone currently working for Revolut and know how they find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

My card is no longer working for online transactions nor in my Apple Pay wallet.

Does anyone ever get back to you on the chat with a live agent? I’ve tried 3 times over the last few days and never a response.

I suppose that’s one draw back of being a non physical presence bank

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

3 days later and no response still with anyone from Revolut, I've tried googling them for a number but getting nothing

3 days later and no response still with anyone from Revolut, I've tried googling them for a number but getting nothing

Go to their chat & type "live chat". That should get you a real person rather than a bot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

New virtual debit mastercards now online in the app.

Some existing virtual visa debit cards will be replaced before the expiry date.

You can also add a new virtual card to the account for free (seams to limit it to 4).

Also, the process to add cards to Amazon has been simplified and is now semi-automatic via the "faster online shopping" menu point under the individual card.

Advertisement