Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks will have look, I put it on another one got an interim solution
    ps 20 Gb left! :)

If it was an older phone the issue was probably due to the version of Android. Financial apps in particular tend to drop support for older versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If it was an older phone the issue was probably due to the version of Android. Financial apps in particular tend to drop support for older versions.

Yep, I think that is the case here. Just as well I had a newer phone as backup

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know what the little rewards logo means on an Amazon debit In the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I've not seen it, but maybe this or similar?

https://blog.revolut.com/revolut-rewards-cashback-offer-singapore/

https://www.revolut.com/rewards-personalised-cashback-and-discounts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I’ve noticed this a fair bit in the app lately, as far as I can tell it shows similar items that have rewards. E.g. an Amazon payment might link to online shopping rewards and a just-eat payment might show a cash back offer for UberEats.

At first it looked like the payment qualified for a reward, confusing design by Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Anyone having trouble topping up?

Trying to top up using Permanent TSB Visa Debit card, and I get to the Verified by Visa page, and when I select my phone number I can't click continue. The button isn't responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just tried it with PTSB visa debit. Working fine for me.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I’ve noticed this a fair bit in the app lately, as far as I can tell it shows similar items that have rewards. E.g. an Amazon payment might link to online shopping rewards and a just-eat payment might show a cash back offer for UberEats.

At first it looked like the payment qualified for a reward, confusing design by Revolut.

Cant see any reward linked to Amazon though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Cant see any reward linked to Amazon though?

Sorry I probably wasn’t very clear with that post. I meant I think it shows other related services that do have rewards. E.g. with Amazon, showing that you could have saved money by shopping at these two stores instead.

I originally thought it showed that the payment did qualify for a reward, but just seems to show alternative services that do have rewards.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Sorry I probably wasn’t very clear with that post. I meant I think it shows other related services that do have rewards. E.g. with Amazon, showing that you could have saved money by shopping at these two stores instead.

I originally thought it showed that the payment did qualify for a reward, but just seems to show alternative services that do have rewards.

Ah gotcha thanks- is odd it doesn't come up kn other transactions.

Another strange thing, a debit for the national lottery app is showing as Supervalu lol

• Advertisement

Still hoping they get their IE iban before the end of June so I don't have to get people to change from GB to LT to IE.

It used to say 'your funds may not arrive'....now its saying they will not arrive.

Hi Sheep Shagger,

We noticed that you were sent a transfer of xxx EUR on Monday, 29 March 2021 via your old Revolut account details:

IBAN : GB91REVOXXXXXXXXXX0000

BIC : REVOGB21

We wanted to remind you that after Wednesday, 30 June 2021, transfers to the above account details will fail to arrive. Please share your updated account details with anyone who transfers money to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I travel to London quite regularly, pre covid obviously!I am not a Revolut customer.

Previously I used to purchase about Stg £100 cash with an post to cover me and purchase everything else on Bank of Ireland credit card, which I pay off on time. I now realise BOI charge about 2.50% mark-up.

If I were to transfer about €200 to Revolut instead of using the credit card would this be the better option rather than using a credit card. I understand I may get a better exchange rate than an post ( who say they are Commission free but this is misleading as they charge a mark- up in foreign exchange).

Thanks for any assistance.

Is it easy to open a Revolut account.

(I'm.currently opening a new avantcard credit card and it's a nightmare)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I used my revolut card to pay for diesel this morning. Instill haven't received a notification that my card was charged. I have made other transactions today that show up. I think the vendor has 7 days to claim but that message has not appeared either. The purchase was approved at the time by the card machine.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I travel to London quite regularly, pre covid obviously!I am not a Revolut customer.

Previously I used to purchase about Stg £100 cash with an post to cover me and purchase everything else on Bank of Ireland credit card, which I pay off on time. I now realise BOI charge about 2.50% mark-up.

If I were to transfer about €200 to Revolut instead of using the credit card would this be the better option rather than using a credit card. I understand I may get a better exchange rate than an post ( who say they are Commission free but this is misleading as they charge a mark- up in foreign exchange).

Thanks for any assistance.

Is it easy to open a Revolut account.

(I'm.currently opening a new avantcard credit card and it's a nightmare)

Revolut or Curve are a much better option. Don't bother taking out cash. I never bother with cash as you're just trying to get rid of it before you leave. Just use the card at a terminal for contactless payment.

Revolut or Curve are a much better option. Don't bother taking out cash. I never bother with cash as you're just trying to get rid of it before you leave. Just use the card at a terminal for contactless payment.

Thanks for the reply Nigel. I'm very old fashioned as regards cash. I usually withdraw Euro cash from an ATM for day to day spending as I dont like the Bank or State monitoring my day to day spending or multiple small transactions on my statement.

As regards travelling abroad I also prefer cash. I would NEVER entrust large sums with Revolut so I think I will transfer about €200 from my KBC Current account ( an excellent bank which I moved to from BOI) and transfer it to Sterling.

Hopefully I can then withdraw Sterling in London at a free ATM. I travel to London so regularly having left over currency isn't an issue.

Do Revolut charge to withdraw less than €200 per month or the Sterling equivalent from an ATM in the UK ( Assuming the ATM owners dont charge separately)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just sign up with the app and supply a selfie and I.D. You can then top up your Revolut account with your debit card and off you go. Your top up will just be like a normal transaction from your KBC account.

Take up to 200 a month from an atm free of charge in the Uk or Éire or tap your way across the British Isles for transactions without any fees. You don't even need to convert the currency in the app, and if you do, you can always just convert what you don't need in Sterling back to Euros.

Using Revolut this way is basically what Revolut was designed for at the start before all the extra bells with extra whistles and even more bells were included. It's easy once you do it a few times and navigate through the ever complicated app!

As for the diesel, the transactions generally seem to catch up in a few days, or outside of the box chance possibly the garage cashier took a declined receipt for a confirmed payment receipt? I've had payments not acknowledged at the time but always appear later

Thanks for the reply Nigel. I'm very old fashioned as regards cash. I usually withdraw Euro cash from an ATM for day to day spending as I dont like the Bank or State monitoring my day to day spending or multiple small transactions on my statement.

As regards travelling abroad I also prefer cash. I would NEVER entrust large sums with Revolut so I think I will transfer about €200 from my KBC Current account ( an excellent bank which I moved to from BOI) and transfer it to Sterling.

Hopefully I can then withdraw Sterling in London at a free ATM. I travel to London so regularly having left over currency isn't an issue.

Do Revolut charge to withdraw less than €200 per month or the Sterling equivalent from an ATM in the UK ( Assuming the ATM owners dont charge separately)?

Transfer Euro to Revolut. You do not need to convert it to sterling Revolut will do this automatically as you spend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

In what purposes/scenarios should I be using my Revolut account over my regular bank? I feel as if I'm not using Revolut enough as I'm always wary about having too much money in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Brian017 wrote: »
    In what purposes/scenarios should I be using my Revolut account over my regular bank? I feel as if I'm not using Revolut enough as I'm always wary about having too much money in it.
    Anything in another currency.
    Buying the currency up when it's cheap eg you subscribe to a US service. Buy a year's worth of sub when dollar is at its lowest.
    Transferring money to someone else.
    Buying off dodgy websites, use the disposable card.
    If your bank doesn't support Apple pay etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I can't find the answer but why is the revolut and curve cards not subject to the stamp duty that AIB etc are subject to?

EDIT I see
    All cards get caught for ATM stamp duty but debit card pos has no charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Revolut is good for using the card abroad right?

Do you have to put money into the revolut account first or can you just use the card?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Revolut is good for spending in foreign currencies. You have to top up your Revolut account first.

Curve is also good for spending abroad. The Curve card is linked to your own debit/credit card so no need to top up.

Can I transfer say €200 to Revolut, then use a Revolut card to withdraw it in sterling cash for free at an Atm in say London?

This is assuming the ATM operator doesn't charge.

Can I transfer say €200 to Revolut, then use a Revolut card to withdraw it in sterling cash for free at an Atm in say London?

This is assuming the ATM operator doesn't charge.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Might be of interest to people.
    Transferwise, now rebranded as Wise, now have virtual debit cards.
    You can have 3 virtual cards along with a physical card.
    I can see a good few people migrating from Revolut .

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Hi, i sent an amount to a friend and they have yet to receive it, it says on the app that it will arrive by 6th of April.

I thought it was instant transfer to another revoult usar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Hi, i sent an amount to a friend and they have yet to receive it, it says on the app that it will arrive by 6th of April.

Was it sent to their Revolut account or to their bank account? Transfers Rev to Rev are usually instantaneous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Zardoz wrote: »
    Might be of interest to people.
    Transferwise, now rebranded as Wise, now have virtual debit cards.
    You can have 3 virtual cards along with a physical card.
    I can see a good few people migrating from Revolut .

What are the pros and cons?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Was it sent to their Revolut account or to their bank account? Transfers Rev to Rev are usually instantaneous.

They are. Just sent a few quid to the daughter to get some eggs for the kids and she got it almost immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Gooser14 wrote: »

Not sure actually, must've been the bank account. Ill double check with them.

Advertisement