Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

it is easy pay with your card

Some legacy Irish banks wouldn't allow a debit card to process a €20k debit in one day- again archaic limits.

Revenue warn this if you try to pay a chunky tax bill with a debit card for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Some legacy Irish banks wouldn't allow a debit card to process a €20k debit in one day- again archaic limits.

Revenue warn this if you try to pay a chunky tax bill with a debit card for example.

But it is easy change that though one phone call to the bank & they should let you process the transaction unless its changed again. Prob has
    Transaction was over 20grand anyway and was processed no problem. (didnt ring them)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Cape Clear wrote: »
    My wife signed up last night but when she tries to order a physical card it is saying she needs to upgrade to metal. I was under the impression that on the standard plan a physical card was free apart from the shipping fee.

Change the type to plastic in the card choice and you get the relevant cards shown.

It defaults to metal cards to a sneaky way of getting you to upgrade.

The glow card is currently 4.99 with no shipping charges if you want to safe some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Can someone just confirm this for me please?

I haven't been paying too much attention to Revolut for the last while. I remembered they said something about the GB iban going and when I look at my GB account the iban is now LT for swift payments. That's fine.

Is the local GB account staying? My Dad has a small UK pension and it's paid through my Revolut for the cheaper exchange fees to his Euro bank account.

Wheety wrote: »
    Can someone just confirm this for me please?

I haven't been paying too much attention to Revolut for the last while. I remembered they said something about the GB iban going and when I look at my GB account the iban is now LT for swift payments. That's fine.

Is the local GB account staying? My Dad has a small UK pension and it's paid through my Revolut for the cheaper exchange fees to his Euro bank account.

They're saying the GB IBAN will stop working 30/6 (when someone uses the GB IBAN you'll get an email reminding you to tell them of the new LT details).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Change the type to plastic in the card choice and you get the relevant cards shown.

It defaults to metal cards to a sneaky way of getting you to upgrade.

The glow card is currently 4.99 with no shipping charges if you want to safe some money.

Great thanks works a treat.

They're saying the GB IBAN will stop working 30/6 (when someone uses the GB IBAN you'll get an email reminding you to tell them of the new LT details).

But it's only the IBAN? The local bank details (sort code and bank account) will stay?

My IBAN for my sterling account has already changed but I still have UK bank account details for local payments.

It's an internal transfer in the UK for this payment.

Wheety wrote: »
    But it's only the IBAN? The local bank details (sort code and bank account) will stay?

My IBAN for my sterling account has already changed but I still have UK bank account details for local payments.

It's an internal transfer in the UK for this payment.

For my GBP account the sort code and account number stayed the same, the IBAN changed to the LT one. Think you should be ok.

For my GBP account the sort code and account number stayed the same, the IBAN changed to the LT one. Think you should be ok.

Thanks. Had a search and seems like the local bank details will not be be changed.

https://www.revolut.com/help/adding-money/with-bank-transfer/how-do-i-transfer-money-to-my-revolut-account-from-another-bank-account

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Can I make a 1800 euro payment with my revolut card at a builders providers today, chip and pin type, or is there limits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Can I make a 1800 euro payment with my revolut card at a builders providers today, chip and pin type, or is there limits?

Should be fine, we've had people here say they've bought cars on Revolut cards (myself included).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I've got the free Revolut a/c at the moment - got it just for pain free transfers to and from friends and acquaintances in the Before Times to settle restaurant bills and the like.

I've now got the "48 hours only offer" of a free month's metal. I really don't need any of the benefits right now, but I'm thinking of signing up to order one of the metal cards, because a) most of them are MasterCard, and after the hassle I had trying to buy Rugby World Cup tickets without one, I don't want that hassle again, and b) they're a little bit cool :-)

I presume I'll get charged for the card when I cancel the monthly sub to metal, which is fine, but has anyone else done this before? Any drawbacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Now my question is, are AIB going to charge me? They give me options of "standard" or "urgent". When you click into "more info on fees" they don't say a thing about how much it is.

Probably too late but NEVER choose "urgent" for a transfer to a SEPA country, which the UK still is post Brexit. "Urgent" makes it a non-SEPA transfer and can take up to two weeks.. Bonkers! but I have 1st hand experience of this. Was only told it by customer support after trying to find out what happened my money, eventually turned up but charged for the privilege of it being so much slower. They wouldn't even refund me the fee for misleading product info.

SEPA should be free but if transferring to a non € account you probably will be charged exchange fees.

Revolut is now offering a 22€ premium for referrals you do.

Loads of terms that the new person has to follow but you get 22€ for it.

Make out if it want you want.

And there the T&C. You can find the link to use in your app notification area.

Our financial super app delivers everyday digital banking solutions globally.

For each and every eligible friend that signs up from your referral, we'll give you €22. Because a little extra cash wouldn't hurt, right?

How do I invite friends?

1. Tap on the button below

2. Select your friends

3. Send the invite

You can refer up to 25 friends, but they must be eligible for a Revolut account and can not already be a Revolut customer. They must fulfill the eligibility requirements listed below.

What do my friends need to do?

1. Sign up to a Revolut account using your unique referral link

2. Add money by connecting their bank or debit card

3. Order a physical Revolut card

4. Complete 3 purchase transactions with their new Revolut card (can be using a virtual card while they wait for their physical one)

5. All before the promotion ends on 13-May-2021,11PM-GMT. T&Cs on blog.

Pro tip: Nudge your friends along so you can earn the reward!

I just got my glow card, and it was shipped from Ireland (Irish Postage) with a return address of

"2 Dublin Landings, North Dock, Dublin"

And the glow effect is really nice.

I just got my glow card, and it was shipped from Ireland (Irish Postage) with a return address of

Did u try it in the dark yet ??:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah the glow is nice. You need to charge the card in the light first for it to glow. Just put it under a lamp or even the phone torch

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Physical Cards are not much use to me anymore as I now only use my phone or my watch. I’ve about 4/5 Revolut cards and they never come out of my wallet any more.

Did u try it in the dark yet ??:D:D

Yes, immediately went into a dark room. Looks really nice.
    Yeah the glow is nice. You need to charge the card in the light first for it to glow. Just put it under a lamp or even the phone torch

No need to charge mine, mine was pre-charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there any way to disable having to memorise an irritating 8 digit number by text each time you topup, it's a proper pain? AIB are doing this now, not sure if it's to deliberately annoy people or law, surely 2 or 3 digits is plenty.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Is there any way to disable having to memorise an irritating 8 digit number by text each time you topup, it's a proper pain? AIB are doing this now, not sure if it's to deliberately annoy people or law, surely 2 or 3 digits is plenty.

PTSB are the same lately also, every time they ask for the 6 digit code by text. I now not up via Apple Pay with my PTSB debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

It's part of PSD2

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Hope this isn’t a silly question. I want to transfer sterling from my euro revolut account to my sons sterling revolut account. He has just got a revolut account for the first time and hasn’t used it yet. How do I send the money in sterling to him from my account please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Login to app > Hit the 3 dots under the Euro icon > Sell > Enter the amount > Sell Eur to GBP > Go back > Hit Send > Hit the contact (your son) > Enter the amount and hit send

It's needlessly complicated than the previous app versions used to be. It was such a simple process in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

bennyx_o wrote: »
    It's part of PSD2

It's part of a proper pain in the hole :pac:. I'm finding some less secure, they are asking to enter the entire reg number and not so many digits so a scammer just interacting once gets the whole thing if you give it out in error. You should have the option to set the level of security on your account based on you not being an idiot giving your PIN to a text arriving on your phone from some lad in Belize.

It's part of a proper pain in the hole :pac:. I'm finding some less secure, they are asking to enter the entire reg number and not so many digits so a scammer just interacting once gets the whole thing if you give it out in error. You should have the option to set the level of security on your account based on you not being an idiot giving your PIN to a text arriving on your phone from some lad in Belize.
    Using Google pay not get around it to top up. It is easier than doing it the Aib phone/ def online desktop way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Been chasing down a missing €4.50 cashback reward from Revolut the last few days sadly.

Made the purchase from Lifestylesports in August so not overly impressed right now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

tried to set up a revolut account several times now , just will not accept either pin numbers it sends me by text or read my drivers licence correctly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    tried to set up a revolut account several times now , just will not accept either pin numbers it sends me by text or read my drivers licence correctly

They only accept a passport or passport card.

Advertisement