Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Verwolff wrote: »
    I gave Revolut my PPS yesterday in their app. Soon after I started getting phone calls from Department of Social protection, who were claiming that my PPS had been compromised and used by "criminals". There is investigation conducted and my PPS had been suspended due to suspicion of money laundering! Geez! Such a mess. I'm still not sure was the caller who I have spoken to real or maybe he was criminal? Although he gave his details and the case number but honestly that phone call seems to me suspicious more than giving my PPS to Revolut in the app installed in my phone.

Did you have any issues like this?

That sounds like one of the social welfare scam calls that has been doing the rounds recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Department of Social Protection are not going to ringing up people about their PPS Number. For a start, they are issued by Revenue!!

Let me guess, they needed to confirm your PPS No. at the start of the call??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Same from Aib The Actual Aib number shows up but its not from them. If ever in doubt just hang up & ring them back & you will see then if it is a scam or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I gave Revolut my PPS yesterday in their app. Soon after I started getting phone calls from Department of Social protection, who were claiming that my PPS had been compromised and used by "criminals". There is investigation conducted and my PPS had been suspended due to suspicion of money laundering! Geez! Such a mess. I'm still not sure was the caller who I have spoken to real or maybe he was criminal? Although he gave his details and the case number but honestly that phone call seems to me suspicious more than giving my PPS to Revolut in the app installed in my phone.

How can a ppsn be suspended?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Doodah7 wrote: »
    The Department of Social Protection are not going to ringing up people about their PPS Number. For a start, they are issued by Revenue!!

Let me guess, they needed to confirm your PPS No. at the start of the call??

The Department for Social Protection issues PPS numbers not Revenue.

And generally, they won't contact you by phone about issues.

If you are not signed up for MyGovID than you get a good old-fashioned letter into your mailbox.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lol - requested a physical metal card from Revolut as I wanted a mastercard (I have Visa, but things like the Rugby World Cup only letting people with Mastercard buy tickets are way too much hassle).

Cards are delivered by Fastway. Or, more accurately, not delivered, they just said they'd delivered it.

Revolut sending a new card. Again, by Fastway.

And just noticed in the app, the card (advertised in the app as Mastercard when you pick it) is actually a Visa, anyway. /sigh

#FirstWorldProblems

The virtual temporary Revolut cards are Mastercard. At least mine is. I used one for the world cup tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

awec wrote: »
    The virtual temporary Revolut cards are Mastercard. At least mine is. I used one for the world cup tickets.

Ye, all new virtual cards are Mastercard at the moment. They seem to be cancelling all the virtual Visas with 60 days notice.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just a coincidence that they rang you after you gave your PPS to Revolut. As has been pointed out, it's a scam call. Did you give them any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

There is alot of them scam calls going on at the moment all over the country so i doubt its related to revolut and id just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Have been having issues for a bit in getting money sent to me via my phone number. seems to work better if I share my id link but wondering if there's something I can do or check? I've tried support but lost the will to live whilst waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

sweetie wrote: »
    Have been having issues for a bit in getting money sent to me via my phone number. seems to work better if I share my id link but wondering if there's something I can do or check? I've tried support but lost the will to live whilst waiting.
    usually instant on android anyway used it few times touch wood.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Where within the app do I put in my PPS number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And for those who do not regularly monitor the revolut blog

Bitcoin withdrawals have landed [for Metal Customers], so you now can send your bitcoin to other wallets rather than just selling them.

https://blog.revolut.com/bitcoin-withdrawals-have-landed/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Anyone experiencing problems with adding & saving notes in individual transactions? This started last night & is still a problem.

Edit: Been in contact with Revolut who confirmed it is a known problem which is being worked on!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing problems with adding & saving notes in individual transactions? This started last night & is still a problem.

Edit: Been in contact with Revolut who confirmed it is a known problem which is being worked on!

Me too - This is a reoccurring problem that seems to rear its head every few updates - not sure how this escapes their testing process so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

And for those who do not regularly monitor the revolut blog

Bitcoin withdrawals have landed [for Metal Customers], so you now can send your bitcoin to other wallets rather than just selling them.

https://blog.revolut.com/bitcoin-withdrawals-have-landed/

This is only for U.K. customers at the moment, no news yet on when it will get to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

I transferred a few K worth of euro from Revolut to N26.

It was around 1.40am
    The Revolut app, mentioned mere seconds.

I received a notice a few seconds later from N26 that a payment was received. Timestamped 1.49am.

This was on a Saturday too.

AIB or Ptsb would not be that fast, would not provide notification of deposit and would possibly not show the transaction until the next working day.

In fact, to AIB, the Revolut app shows Monday expected arrival.

This is fantastic functionality!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Just found this thread :)

Love Revolut and am using it more and more, looking at some of their services I noticed crypto investment, stuck a few euro into a couple as an experiment, what are your opinions of using Revolut as an investment tool? (Mini stakes for me really).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

bladespin wrote: »
    Just found this thread :)

Love Revolut and am using it more and more, looking at some of their services I noticed crypto investment, stuck a few euro into a couple as an experiment, what are your opinions of using Revolut as an investment tool? (Mini stakes for me really).

It's limited in terms of the Crypto assets and stocks supported.
    And crypto cannot be transferred externally (soon to change, for chargeable accounts).

That being said, it provides easy access to crypto and stocks without having to setup accounts with 3rd parties and having to do kyc etc again.

I've heard from a few people that they are using Revolut for crypto trading. It's a good intro for people into a confusing world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

wandererz wrote: »
    I transferred a few K worth of euro from Revolut to N26.

It was around 1.40am
    The Revolut app, mentioned mere seconds.

I received a notice a few seconds later from N26 that a payment was received. Timestamped 1.49am.

This was on a Saturday too.

AIB or Ptsb would not be that fast, would not provide notification of deposit and would possibly not show the transaction until the next working day.

In fact, to AIB, the Revolut app shows Monday expected arrival.

This is fantastic functionality!

Can’t speak about speed but you can set up Ptsb to alert you for large deposits

I know it’s not the point of your post, but just wanted to clarify that bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 JoyOfGood

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Revolut introduced 3DS sometime ago...

I expect the rejection is because you have not activated it on Revolut.

The customer support person said it was the merchant (i.e. PayPal) at fault, but didn't/couldn't tell me how to activate it on Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JoyOfGood

If you try to pay more than 30€ than PayPal should request the 3D validation during the transaction. There are some exceptions like subscriptions or secure companies that previously have been approved. So PayPal has classed you as low risk and says, just give me your details, I won't attempt 3D because you know I feel comfortable with this due to the exceptions.

Revolut however interprets the rules quite strict and does not do exceptions where other would (like with PayPal being a secure company you have used before), so if PayPal does not request the 3D validation, then Revolut declines the authorization.

They have quite a hard stance on it https://blog.revolut.com/internet-payments-are-becoming-more-secure/

So, your issue here is PayPal not requesting the code when they should and Revolut (possibly because you know they are in the same business) standing a hard line that they demand it (which they are entitled to).

Ultimately it's PayPal here who does not request the 3D verification as they should, so your only option is to top up your PayPal account, use a card with a more relaxed approach or try again and hope that PayPal kicks in the 3D validation.

This makes sense. Making a purchase on other services, I'm asked to go to the Revolut app and approve the payment. Not so with PayPal. I'll avoid them for the time being.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Revolut obviously have big enough lending plans in Ireland. The former head of lending solutions at AIB has left after 17 years to join Revolut as their head of lending here.

Someone of that level wouldn't be jumping ship if their plans weren't decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

A couple of questions on ATM withdrawals through Revolut...

- So if the first €200 (or fx equivalent) is free, on a withdrawal of €400, they're charging around 2% on that last €200 or on the entire €400?

- What ATM withdrawal limits has Revolut set per transaction (or time period) if any?

- Is the €200 fee-free withdrawal per calendar month or rolling month?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

- So if the first €200 (or fx equivalent) is free, on a withdrawal of €400, they're charging around 2% on that last €200 or on the entire €400?

the last €200
    - What ATM withdrawal limits has Revolut set per transaction (or time period) if any?

£3000 or currency equivalent per 24hrs
    - Is the €200 fee-free withdrawal per calendar month or rolling month?

Its a rolling month based on when your current price plan started - look at the refresh date in the limits section of the app.
    From the main menu Click on the circle with your initials (Top left) --> Limits (Under the Profile section) --> ATM withdrawals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Revolut obviously have big enough lending plans in Ireland. The former head of lending solutions at AIB has left after 17 years to join Revolut as their head of lending here.

Someone of that level wouldn't be jumping ship if their plans weren't decent.

Any source for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Poncke wrote: »

The scam is the Mirror constantly using clickbait headlines to try and generate traffic on their site.

I'd never click on a Mirror link.

• Advertisement

The scam is the Mirror constantly using clickbait headlines to try and generate traffic on their site.

I'd never click on a Mirror link.

https://www.joe.ie/news/revolut-issues-warning-to-customers-over-scam-679086

Advertisement