Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That should be enough of a red flag not to sign up to eir. "computer says no", christ :rolleyes:
    Well aware of the problems with eir.. She has been warned.. :D
    But her hands are tied-ish.
    She is allowed 7 days I think. They are installing on Wednesday, I will be over there on Friday or Saturday.
    She's signing up for 12 months, so hopefully she won't run into too many issues.

Had a bit of difficulty adding Revolut, I will try properly tomorrow, it may have been I made a mistake.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Do previously if you were sending money to your Revolut account via bank transfer using the old GB IBAN it said that payments would be rejected after 30/6 and to update to the LT one (whike they obtain their CBI license).

I knew they'd never shut the GB IBAN so quickly....and so now it says

"We wanted to remind you that after Thursday, 30 September 2021, transfers to the above account details will fail to arrive. Please share your updated account details with anyone who transfers money to you"

I suppose there is a small chance the UK government will manage to cobble together an agreement with the EU before then, but not much.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    I suppose there is a small chance the UK government will manage to cobble together an agreement with the EU before then, but not much.

That ship sailed 6 months ago.

tempnam wrote: »
    Was it something to do with the 26th & 27th being a weekend that may have caused this?

Transfers are processed in accordance with the SEPA calendar and processing rules relating to the time allowed to complete a transaction.

You can't blindly set up a sequence of transactions are you are trying to do and ignore this. Putting a 48 hour gap between the two might work for you.

That ship sailed 6 months ago.

Six months ago was a different world. On the EU side they were at the time trying to do a deal with Switzerland on financial services as well so there was a requirement to keep both in sync, now the Swiss have walked away the EU might be a bit more flexible and the UK have a habit of walking these things up to the line. Like I said a small chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

I've mentioned it here before and it's gone beyond a joke now. People who are not in my contacrs are sending me money by mistake. Sometimes I have the option of declining it and sometimes I don't. Someone asked for their €50 back last week. Just now I had to decline a payment of €250 from someone I don't know.

It is sending me bonkers. It really is. I have gone on the chat help but it's just a bot who dosen't understand what I am trying to say.

If I accepted all this money that has come in it would be close to a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

apache wrote:
    It is sending me bonkers. It really is. I have gone on the chat help but it's just a bot who dosen't understand what I am trying to say.

Type Live Agent in the chat text & you will get to chat to a real person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Just type 'human' or 'agent'

Yeah that's the next step. It just takes me ages to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

apache wrote: »
    I've mentioned it here before and it's gone beyond a joke now. People who are not in my contacrs are sending me money by mistake. Sometimes I have the option of declining it and sometimes I don't. Someone asked for their €50 back last week. Just now I had to decline a payment of €250 from someone I don't know.

you not a money launderer are you ??:cool:
    I hope it gets sorted for you.

• Advertisement

On 30 June I paid for a service using GPay/Revolut. However the money was refunded/reverted to my account later in the afternoon. What happens in this instance, will the payment be taken again?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Can I pick up on the tail of this thread with some knowledgeable users as a new user to Revolut and trying to find my way. I have a problem in trying to understand why some payments (small) I make to mobile numbers taken from my contact list (Galaxy Android 11 phone) go through with no problem while others just do not and are reverted. In one case I deleted and manually recreated the contact and it worked while in another case that did not work. Any ideas gratefully received.

Suckit wrote: »
    Well aware of the problems with eir.. She has been warned.. :D
    But her hands are tied-ish.
    She is allowed 7 days I think. They are installing on Wednesday, I will be over there on Friday or Saturday.
    She's signing up for 12 months, so hopefully she won't run into too many issues.

Had a bit of difficulty adding Revolut, I will try properly tomorrow, it may have been I made a mistake.
    Tried to change it over to Revolut the next day, using the account details, but it isn't possible. Still no sign of eir at her house so she rang them and they told her that they needed to wait for a port to open up, and they are unsure how long that may take. In the meantime the refurbished router arrived today I'm told.
    She rang Vodafone and signed up with them, again they would not take the revolut IBAN, so I am going to login with her details later and check.

Is there any way to force these companies to take EU/Revolut IBAN?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

apache wrote: »

I didn't pay your post that much attention until some ramdomer sent me €780 last week!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Ordered with Disposable Card

I placed a pre order for an album for August thinking that the amount would be taken there and then but the Shop has now told me they wont take payment until a few days before it is to be dispatched.
    The transaction is now listed as reverted in my account as they didn't take the payment within the 7 days.
    The shop cannot change the order to another card.

My question is
    When they go to take payment again in a few weeks time will this card no longer be available to them or what will happen ?
    I presume it will just get rejected, anyone have this issue before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

bmay529 wrote: »
    Can I pick up on the tail of this thread with some knowledgeable users as a new user to Revolut and trying to find my way. I have a problem in trying to understand why some payments (small) I make to mobile numbers taken from my contact list (Galaxy Android 11 phone) go through with no problem while others just do not and are reverted. In one case I deleted and manually recreated the contact and it worked while in another case that did not work. Any ideas gratefully received.

Are you sure the person you are sending ti tp has Revolut?

When you scroll through your contacts they will have an R beside their name. if not, then they don't have Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

PHG wrote: »
    Are you sure the person you are sending ti tp has Revolut?

When you scroll through your contacts they will have an R beside their name. if not, then they don't have Revolut

Not necessarily. In your 'Privacy' settings there is an option 'Payment with friends' which is described as follows..

>> I'm happy to be visible to friends who have me saved as a contact in their phone book.<<

Any of your contacts who have Revolut but who have that option switched off will not have the Revout 'R' beside their name when you look at your list of contacts.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bmay529 wrote: »
    For payments to go through without issue, you need to have them saved in your contacts AND they need to have you saved in their contacts. That's my experience anyway.

Quackster wrote: »
    I didn't pay your post that much attention until some ramdomer sent me €780 last week!! :eek:
    Did you decline it? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Myself and Mrs Mcginty have a joint banl account. I have a physical card as does she. I have the revolut app on my phone and as she uses her card it comes off the revolut balance in the app on my phone. However I just love being able to use the phone to pay for goods using google pay. Is it possible that the wife could setup google pay on her phone also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Brian201888

If she has her own card she just sets that card up on Google pay

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Thanks for feedback. I have lodged money into my Revolut account, paid small amounts to several people in my contact list but as said in previous post there were a couple where the payment was reverted. In one instance I deleted and manually recreated the contact and a new payment went through. In another case it did not work but the suggestion this morning tried initiating the payment from the Revolut (R) in the contact (Android 11) record and it went through with no problem!!! All recipients are Revolut users.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Threads merged. Again. Just a reminder - One Revolut thread is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

I transferred 40 from a current a.c to revolut and it was pending for 20 minutes. Is this normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

2forjoy wrote: »
    I transferred 40 from a current a.c to revolut and it was pending for 20 minutes. Is this normal.

Yes. If I transfer from my normal bank a/c to Revolut it usually doesn't arrive until the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

2forjoy wrote: »

It depends on whatever bank you're using. My bank has SEPA instant, so it arrives within a second or two.

It depends on whatever bank you're using. My bank has SEPA instant, so it arrives within a second or two.

What bank is that?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    What bank is that?
    I have that with AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Gooser14 wrote: »
    What bank is that?

Bunq

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Suckit wrote: »
    I have that with AIB

I didn't think AIB had rolled out SEPA Instant yet, do you not mean its instant when you top up using your debit card?

Advertisement