Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer

Options
  • 08-12-2019 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭

Got a ban yesterday for a comment I wrote in the Manchester United forum after the Manchester derby.

It was a tongue in cheek and a bit of harmless banter with one of their posters. If you see over the past few weeks it's been going back and forth.

I admit my record doesn't look great but you will see that this season I have been making a good effort to cut out the nonsense. Just think it's very harsh.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who issued the yellow (which itself resulted in the ban)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think i did but i will message again just to make sure.

Got back to me today but we are at an impass and he will not change his decision.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll ask a Sports CMod to have a look at this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi ricero,

Can you please post here or forward to me the full pm exchange you had with the mod and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

Dear ricero,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Thanx 4 The Fish

Moderator Note

Trolling is in breach of the charter.

Your post:Quote: riceroT.hanks

• Advertisement

Dear ricero,

You have been banned from Soccer for three months for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Thanx 4 The Fish

My response: Any chance of rescinding the yellow card. It was a bit of harmless tongue in cheek banter. I and m!ck have been having a bit of banter the past few weeks, nothing malicious.

I know my record has not been great but since coming back this season i have toed the line as asked.

Moderators response: disagree with your assertion and do not feel that the card warrants being overturned, I am happy for you to continue your DRP and say that we are at an impasse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks for that.

What was the context / reason behind your post?

"T.hanks"

Well I'm a Lfc fan and was delighted with Man United beating Man City yesterday in the derby. So I posted thanks as I genuinely was thankful of a Man United victory and also tongue in cheek as one of the resident Manchester United forum posters is named t.hanks. So I spelt it that way.

It was a harmless joke not meaning to cause offence.

Did you consider the fact that your post could be considered something that would get a reaction or be perceived as getting a 'dig in' at another user or fanbase before you posted it?

If not, why not?

You are here over 9 years and know the drill.

• Advertisement

In hindsight I suppose yes I can see perhaps why.

I honestly had no malice in it though. Was delighted with the victory as I'm sure most on that thread was and thought it would be funny way of showing it. A terrible joke on reflection.

OK, thanks for your honesty.

I'll need to discuss this before posting a decision as it will have more consequences than the card / ban.

I'll get back to you. :)

Hi ricero,

I've considered this in detail.

My decision is that you were trolling and I cannot see any evidence that the mod acted inappropriately in issuing the card and the resulting ban.

The underlying factor here is you are still on a 3 month probation until 4 February which, if this is upheld, would be in breach of that and would result in a siteban.

I've discussed that with the admin and as a compromise I can offer you the following options:

1. You serve out the current 3 month ban, the admin will overlook the probation breach, however it remains in effect for the original duration until 4 February 2020.

2. I can lift the card and therefore the ban, however, you will be given a permanent thread-ban from all United threads. The probation will remain in effect untill 4 February 2020.

3. You can appeal this decision directly to admin.

4. You can choose none of the above and accept a site ban per the terms or your probation.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thanks.

Appreciate the help. Would happily take option number 2. I will not post again in that thread.

To be crystal clear, option 2 includes all united threads, not just the superthread. i.e. all match threads etc as well.

Do you agree to this?

If so I'll get it all sorted.

Yes I understand

Thanks all - marking resolved

Advertisement