Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value on CSS Website

Options
  • 08-12-2019 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Have one of those €20 off €50 Cycle Super Store vouchers almost expired I'm trying to spend, but struggling to find anything good value less than 100. Won't let me use it with their advent offers. Anyone spotted anything decent value on there recently for commuting or sportif cyclist? Every item I check seems cheaper elsewhere online even after the voucher! I don't min CD a bit of local premium but not that much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I've used them for chamois cream and cliff bar boxes, so and I've recently been bought overshoes & leg warmers in CSS at what I thought a reasonable price. Plus I got to try them for size and they weren't just on sale in XXXL and pink. No matter what the product or the shop, you'll find cheap SOMEwhere on line. - Gift horse, mouth etc.

Edit - sorry, but are you sure it's a 50 quid spend?? I just saw that. Any voucher I've had looked like an oversized 20 euro note and it was a straight voucher, no minimum spend. That's different alright if you have to find something for 50 quid. Too much for gloves etc, too little for shorts and the like...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

How do you get these €20 off €50 vouchers from CSS. I've never bought anything from them online but on the market for a set of Cube Attain Mudguards which are surprisingly difficult to source elsewhere and CSS are relatively competitive at €40 (missed their 10% sale on Black Fri) vs Bike24 at €35.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I recently spent my €20 Cycling Ireland voucher on another lock to leave in the work bike shed. I also got IIRC 10% off the price for bejng a loyalty member (which involves just registering with them).
    Throw in free delivery and a phone number to contact them (when I accidentally choose to send it to my home rather than work), I think did well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

How do you get these €20 off €50 vouchers from CSS. I've never bought anything from them online but on the market for a set of Cube Attain Mudguards which are surprisingly difficult to source elsewhere and CSS are relatively competitive at €40 (missed their 10% sale on Black Fri) vs Bike24 at €35.
    Last year I was in Cycling Ireland and it was €20 straight up. This year had to join Tri Ireland for IM Cork and their voucher is 20 off a minimum 50 spend, and I think the free delivery total is based on the reduced price too. Had been hoping to use it on one of the advent deals but it's blocked on that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

You get them with CI membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Haven't been a member of CI for a few years since I used to do Audax events. Would be beneficial even for commuting so had a look at prices for next year and surprised at the increases over the years, base membership of €50 is more than I was expecting. Last amount I paid was €25 and it wasn't that many years ago.
    Insurance really has everything ruined.

Back on topic and as to value within CSS, they've had some decent prices on Cycliq Fly6 and Fly12 relatively recently if that was a consideration.

Advertisement