Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All In One PC

Options
  • 08-12-2019 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoped for a Black Friday offer on an All In One PC...
    Nothing ??
    Anybody out there found one ?

Ideally a 27 screen.

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

What do you want it to use it for? Amazon have a last minute deal for £225 but the specs are uninspiring to say the least.

They're essentially laptops you can't move so they're quite a niche market. A well hidden small form factor pc will take up the same amount of desktop space but can be many, many times more powerful, and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Thanks for the information.
    I don't have any free space..
    Great idea though.
    As an alternative can my Dell AIO 2320 be upgraded ?
    It might solve my problem, if it is possible ..!!!

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Consider something like a Lenovo m700 or of the same range that you can then slot into certain Lenovo monitors will open your options up a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't have any free space..
    Great idea though.
    As an alternative can my Dell AIO 2320 be upgraded ?
    It might solve my problem, if it is possible ..!!!

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Jay

I don't think you could easily upgrade one, it could be possible to add ram or an SSD but again, like laptops, they're not really designed to be opened up.

There are some very small form Mini-PC cases available now that you can literally bolt on to the underside of whatever desk the monitor is on, I would look into that if you can... Desktop CPUs, even the cheap ones, are way ahead of all but the highest spec laptop ones they use in those AIOs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have a look here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

A 27" AIO at € 1000.00/ 2000.00 is beyond me, I'm afraid.
    Appreciate the advice though.

Jay

Advertisement