Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scouse Cash family.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

One night stands, random encounters, etc lone parents exist.

There is still another parent who bares responsibility for the child. Regardless of the relationship between the parents. The taxpayer should not be the primary source. Certainly as a top-up payment but not as I said making the taxpayer the primary source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A DWP spokesperson said: “The benefit cap was introduced to encourage people to seek work by ensuring their maximum income on benefits does not exceed that of a household in work.”

You can't disagree with that. Cap is good.

Doubt the Christmas bonus exists over here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

"We feel really ashamed to have to do this as we've never had to do anything like this before."

That's what they're ashamed about? Having to ask strangers for GoFundMe money? Not ashamed about having 7 kids at 25? SEVEN??? Not ashamed to be so reckless you bring more and more children into your miserable sponge life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

It sickens me to see people that have never had a job, and have no disability yet no intention to work, willingly having 3/4 kids then living in a hotel for example, and willingly having another child again. It's an absolute disgrace..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Limiting benefits to the same as those in work - don't see what's wrong with that
    Two young able bodied people not being able to find work but no problem popping out kid after kid - no sympathy from me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

DaveyDave wrote: »
    "We feel really ashamed to have to do this as we've never had to do anything like this before."

That's what they're ashamed about? Having to ask strangers for GoFundMe money? Not ashamed about having 7 kids at 25? SEVEN??? Not ashamed to be so reckless you bring more and more children into your miserable sponge life?

if only that shame had kicked in a little sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

RasTa wrote: »
    You can't disagree with that. Cap is good.

Doubt the Christmas bonus exists over here either.

Yes it does. Only for pensioners though. Oh, and it’s a whole £10.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

elperello wrote: »
    What purpose is this thread supposed to be serving?

What purpose does any thread on boards serve?

seenitall wrote: »
    I can't figure out if this post is sarcastic or not

No, I was being serious.

Because it's a resounding disaster in Britain?

How so? I can't imagine how a cap on welfare could in any way shape or form be a 'disaster'? Like most things, you just start it from X date, so it only affects people born on a certain date. That way the current people are okay, and can't moan, but the next generation have to cop themselves on a little.

Because it's a resounding disaster in Britain?

Lol! For whom is it a resounding disaster? The first cap was such a success they lowered it within 12 months.
    It’s quite literally saving people from themselves.
    It should be introduced here but neither of the main parties have the guts to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

No, I was being serious.

How so? I can't imagine how a cap on welfare could in any way shape or form be a 'disaster'? Like most things, you just start it from X date, so it only affects people born on a certain date. That way the current people are okay, and can't moan, but the next generation have to cop themselves on a little.

As far as I know that's exactly what they didn't do.

I'm not saying benefit caps are bad, and this family are a pile of eejits (although you can mitigate for 2 by having two sets of twins, having 5 kids in their situation is stupid), but the UK rollout has been plagued with issues. Money going away entirely, IT issues, it was supposed to reduce fraud yet only increased it, and in some cases it actually disincentives work due to implementation oddities. The UK is absolutely not the role model to follow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

What purpose does any thread on boards serve?

An excellent question.

Some posters feelings must be delicate because they haven't been thanked. Awww.

I've rated this thread as Excellent and suggest others do likewise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Would they just not move to Ireland - Leo has plenty to give away
    He’s off funding the fai already , let them sort out there own sorry mess . And what ever bank gave them money let them piss off !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Interesting to see whether a cap actually has an effect on the size of such families, or an effect on the % who find employment. Or whether they just plough on regardless and charity (or nixers or crime) makes up the shortfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

sdanseo wrote: »
    On the off chance you're not trolling, do you genuinely think it is a good idea to hand out free money to people who couldn't be bothered working?

Yes

Yes

Do you believe in the "Money Tree"?

I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Yes

Some people actually believe income redistribution by taxing workers and giving it to dole recipients to spend in the local economy (pubs, cafes, tat from Dealz) is good for the economy. Maybe it is. Bit it's not fair and it doesn't improve the lives of workers or the social situation of scroungers.

Some posters feelings must be delicate because they haven't been thanked. Awww.

Is that how it works too? The delicate feelings? Must be the same when someone posts videos to a YouTube channel and gets no views and no likes, or when they live stream, but nobody's there to actually watch the stream. :rolleyes:

To take pleasure from seeing a family clearly struggling, to see 7 young children living in poverty and to blame it all on their parents, jumping by default to the conclusion that they're nothing but lazy wasters - informed only by a piece in the UK red-tops alone, well that's a pretty mean spirited sort of way to look at that young family.

I can make a lot of assumptions about the mother and father also, indeed I do, and they're not all kind by any stretch of the imagination. But if the words printed are as he spoke them, I can accept that there's some shame involved. They have their problems and it's far from clear that they've had any help getting the root issues sorted. Punitive policies that don't account for the fact they've 7 little kids to take care of shouldn't be one of them, but that appears to be exactly what's happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

^^^
    The stork didn't bring the babies every year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

antix80 wrote: »
    Some people actually believe income redistribution by taxing workers and giving it to dole recipients to spend in the local economy (pubs, cafes, tat from Dealz) is good for the economy. Maybe it is. Bit it's not fair and it doesn't improve the lives of workers or the social situation of scroungers.

Life isn't fair.

I find dealz great for certain stuff tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

antix80 wrote: »
    Workshy people with too many kids deserve to live in near-poverty.
    From the article;
    A DWP spokesperson said: “The benefit cap was introduced to encourage people to seek work by ensuring their maximum income on benefits does not exceed that of a household in work.”
    I wonder would this ever be brought into Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

the_syco wrote: »
    From the article;

I wonder would this ever be brought into Ireland?

Imagine the whinging from Ruth Copponger and co.

That’s enough reason to never bring it in here,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JayZeus wrote: »

To take pleasure from seeing a family clearly struggling, to see 7 young children living in poverty and to blame it all on their parents, jumping by default to the conclusion that they're nothing but lazy wasters - informed only by a piece in the UK red-tops alone, well that's a pretty mean spirited sort of way to look at that young family..

Theres only mention of him working. If she had been ( not that shed have the time given shes been pregnant for about 6 years) they would 100% have worked it in. Even a vague mention of a part time job when she was 16.

He was a waiter. There isnt a waiter around earning enough to raise 7 kids.

They are irresponsible and are where they are by their own actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Christ - they're both still so young, too - still 10+ years of reproductive capacity for both.

As an aside, the kids are gorgeous - I hope they prove me wrong, but with parents like that, they haven't a hope :(

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Christ - they're both still so young, too - still 10+ years of reproductive capacity for both.

As an aside, the kids are gorgeous - I hope they prove me wrong, but with parents like that, they haven't a hope :(

You’ll find there won’t be any more new babies as nice and cuddly as they are, and sadly the parents relationship will probably come to an end under the pressure of having to budget from now on. Poor kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

elperello wrote: »
    What purpose is this thread supposed to be serving?

Is it -
    A To draw attention to the problems of the poor in the UK.
    B To raise the matter of the Cash family again.
    C To discuss real ideas about welfare reform.
    or
    D None of the above.

OP takes his football rivalries a bit too seriously. Other highlights include fabricating a story of ‘Mancs’ pushing man u fans in front of trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It sickens me to see people that have never had a job, and have no disability yet no intention to work, willingly having 3/4 kids then living in a hotel for example, and willingly having another child again. It's an absolute disgrace..

Is "addiction to willy" not a disability?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Imagine the whinging from Ruth Copponger and co.

That’s enough reason to never bring it in here,

If more money was available for health, housing etc as a result listening to the whinging is a price I'd pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

If more money was available for health, housing etc as a result listening to the whinging is a price I'd pay.

This is it, i dont think anyone doubts that some people struggle on welfare, its just a different approach as to how to solve it, paul murphy and co think we should force the workers and businesses to contribute more to the 21 billion quid slush fund, People like myself think that we should trim the waste and misappropriation to re allocate the money and reduce spending to prevent more low earning workers needing welfare, but apparantly thats evil or something...

Advertisement