Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you couldn't have sex for the rest of your life

• 08-12-2019 4:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Would you kill yourself? Let's say you go for an operation in St Vincents and the doctor gets the wrong chart about testicular/cervical cancer before surgery and then starts removing your genitals entirely only leaving space for urination.

Even with the money you'd get from a lawsuit, most men in particular I know couldn't live without their manhood and more importantly a lack of sex.

What would you do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Would you kill yourself? Let's say you go for an operation in St Vincents and the doctor gets the wrong chart about testicular/cervical cancer before surgery and then starts removing your genitals entirely only leaving space for urination.

Even with the money you'd get from a lawsuit, most men in particular I know couldn't live without their manhood and more importantly a lack of sex.

What would you do?

Obviously ur not married - lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I could live without sex, mutilation of my bits wouldn't be necessary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

I'd be fine with it. No chance of bringing a kid into this messed up world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

MMyers wrote: »
    I'd be fine with it. No chance of bringing a kid into this messed up world.

I take it you're antinatalist.

Why not get a vasectomy or castrated but still keep your dick and enjoy sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

What would you do?

How many did you ask?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

I take it you're antinatalist.

Why not get a vasectomy or castrated but still keep your dick and enjoy sex.

No I'm not an antinatalist at all. I just don't bother with sex anymore as mentally and finacinally I couldn't handle having a kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd be ok, they don't remove vaginas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think I could livelive happily without my vag (not sure Mr Sardy would be too happy, mind) but my clitoris? That would be awful. No sexual arousal or pleasure ever again. Don't think I'd end my life over it, though.

I'd really rather not have to, but I'm sure I could survive without it. I suspect it get easier as one gets older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Every day above the ground is a good one

• Advertisement

Dunno yet.

I'm sure OP is going to have a Christmas special thread.
    Maybe bit like Beavis and Butthead Christmas show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The real question is "if Fegelian was killed would he still start multiple daily threads from beyond the grave?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Well I wouldn't be best pleased, and partly that's to do with the fact that my current "Number" is supposedly an unlucky one. That's weird, I know. But, I will add at least one more to the scoreboard, eventually. The main thing is to keep on keeping on. Above ground, as per upthread.

Yes, I do feel that essentially, it starts being a bit less important with age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I could live without sex for the rest of my life, but I'm not sure if that would be fair on all those women who lust after me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Did you and Vibes break up?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Can I still tweak my nipples?

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

seenitall wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't be best pleased, and partly that's to do with the fact that my current "Number" is supposedly an unlucky one

That's probably why you can't have sex again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I've being recently treated for Penile cancer and to be told this at 49 years of age was a shock to the system to say the least

What started as small lump on the tip of my penis turned into every mans nightmare,initially I had the head of my penis removed (Glandsectomy) then it came back with a vengeance as this cancer is a aggressive fcuker

They had to go back and take the rest of it and also take out my lymph nodes in the groin area and now I have to wear compression socks to keep the swelling in my legs down

So to answer your question from someone who has first hand knowledge, yes it's a shock to the system that I can never had full sex ever again but with the right people around you and a very understanding partner, you soon realise life and love isnt all about sex ,it worth much more than that

And for any lads reading this, if you notice anything different or strange down below (small lump spot or blemish ) dont be embarrassed to get it checked out,it can be a lot more serious than you might think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

That's probably why you can't have sex again.

Hey, who said I couldn't!?

Don't go jinxing me now.

You're not helping with my superstitions.

Ah lookit. Forgedaboudit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Not quite true. A hysterectomy can result in shortening of the vagina, and painful sex afterwards. Also repair of pelvic organ prolapse - a condition which is surprisingly not uncommon - can result in vaginal damage and affect sex. (Do your kegels). Even if there is no repair surgery for various forms of prolapse like cystocele or rectocele or a dropped womb can severely impact a woman's ability to have or enjoy sex. Treatment for cervical cancer can shorten or distort the vagin due to scarring from pelvic radiation. Same re tumours in other pelvic organs treated with radiation. Not for all women but for a fair number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

It doesn’t have to end there in the context of the body as a whole you are neglecting a much greater space.

Think of it like this every one of us is a vast galaxy, amidst which lies our very own black hole. Nobody knows quite what lies beyond yet some are more curious than others. The question is are you ready to be explored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

pebbles21 wrote: »
    I've being recently treated for Penile cancer and to be told this at 49 years of age was a shock to the system to say the least

What started as small lump on the tip of my penis turned into every mans nightmare,initially I had the head of my penis removed (Glandsectomy) then it came back with a vengeance as this cancer is a aggressive fcuker

They had to go back and take the rest of it and also take out my lymph nodes in the groin area and now I have to wear compression socks to keep the swelling in my legs down

So to answer your question from someone who has first hand knowledge, yes it's a shock to the system that I can never had full sex ever again but with the right people around you and a very understanding partner, you soon realise life and love isnt all about sex ,it worth much more than that

And for any lads reading this, if you notice anything different or strange down below (small lump spot or blemish ) dont be embarrassed to get it checked out,it can be a lot more serious than you might think

Holy crap that brought me down to earth.

That's exceptionally brave of you to post that here, you have my deepest respect.

I'm pretty much lost for words, have a very merry Christmas and I wish you good health into the new year and for many years beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

What would you do?

If the only parts of your body you use during sex are your genitals you're doing it wrong.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    if starting rubbish threads were a bannable offence... :rolleyes: ...multiple ones could be a permaban (if only)

and if beasty put in a thank you button in, op's prison thread could have the most thanked posts of.all.time.

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Deja Boo wrote: »
    if starting rubbish threads were a bannable offence... :rolleyes: ...multiple ones could be a permaban (if only)

and if beasty put in a thank you button in, op's prison thread could have the most thanked posts of.all.time.

Remember the good old days?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96872515

If I could lose the desire for sex too, it could arguably be a blessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Lack of sex can be a bit of an issue tbh. I know a girl who is in a bit of a dry spell due to the country that she is living in, and it's suprising how much of an effect it has. It's become a first need so to speak, and it is kind of funny how she talks about the local men.

Her and her friends describe them as 'pretty, but awful'. Just interesting to see tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Fierce windy out all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Lack of sex can be a bit of an issue tbh. I know a girl who is in a bit of a dry spell due to the country that she is living in, and it's suprising how much of an effect it has. It's become a first need so to speak, and it is kind of funny how she talks about the local men.

Her and her friends describe them as 'pretty, but awful'. Just interesting to see tbh.

Have heard this multiple times about Turkish men. Skin tone and bone structure makes them pleasing to look at but their views on and treatment of women is deplorable.

Obviously they're not all the same but I've never known an attractive female who's came back from Turkey and not concurred with it, admittedly that comes to a sample size of 3-4.

Also had a friend who was propositioned by a man in Marrakech looking to buy her, bizarre belief system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Surely if your genitals were removed you'd have no sex drive anyway so you wouldnt crave or want it

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Surely if your genitals were removed you'd have no sex drive anyway so you wouldnt crave or want it

I would have thought the drive comes from your brain somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I would have thought the drive comes from your brain somewhere

Aye, the libido is in the brain:
    Healthline wrote:
    The male libido lives in two areas of the brain: the cerebral cortex and the limbic system. These parts of the brain are vital to a man's sex drive and performance. They are so important, in fact, that a man can have an orgasm simply by thinking or dreaming about a sexual experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Holy crap that brought me down to earth.

That's exceptionally brave of you to post that here, you have my deepest respect.

I'm pretty much lost for words, have a very merry Christmas and I wish you good health into the new year and for many years beyond.

Thank you much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

If they left the prostate intact then I'd just compensate with bum games :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Would you kill yourself? Let's say you go for an operation in St Vincents and the doctor gets the wrong chart about testicular/cervical cancer before surgery and then starts removing your genitals entirely only leaving space for urination?

I'd ask for a second opinion at the very least...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Basically, all Mr Fegelien's threads can be summed up in this exchange

3iu89j.jpg

3iu8hy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

You've a vagina?? But that would make u a woman no? Nice try but no cigar ;)
    Women on the internet.... Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Once your in my life mr_fegelien then I'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i am aware of someone who was in a bad motorbike accident and lost his bollix....and committed suicide after about a year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Have heard this multiple times about Turkish men. Skin tone and bone structure makes them pleasing to look at but their views on and treatment of women is deplorable.

Obviously they're not all the same but I've never known an attractive female who's came back from Turkey and not concurred with it, admittedly that comes to a sample size of 3-4.

Also had a friend who was propositioned by a man in Marrakech looking to buy her, bizarre belief system.

Funnilly enough, I am talking about a more supposed liberal part of the world.

But, it was oddly refreshing to hear from my friend/ex (:P). It kind of sounded like incel men but after only a month or so. I guess sex/intimacy/being desired is a need.

Yes, I know I'm a bad person :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

seenitall wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't be best pleased, and partly that's to do with the fact that my current "Number" is supposedly an unlucky one. .

666? That's some good going, fair play!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From the Perry Bible Fellowship.

https://pbfcomics.com/comics/taotmwnp/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

pebbles21 wrote: »

I found out recently that pebbles21 succumbed to illness before Christmas last year. Knew him quite well but hadn't seen much of him in the past couple of years. Saddened to see him gone, heard he suffered a lot in his final months.

RIP

I found out recently that pebbles21 succumbed to illness before Christmas last year. Knew him quite well but hadn't seen much of him in the past couple of years. Saddened to see him gone, heard he suffered a lot in his final months.

RIP

I'm sad to hear that. I didn't know him but he was very brave to post his experience.

Advertisement