Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Satan running this country? (I'm not religious, but..)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

mariaalice wrote: »
    The sad thing about the OP post is he is not a troll ( most likely ) and is genuinely sincere about his beliefs and opinions.

It could be confirmation bias, I get a huge amount of cooking and recipes sent to me 'suggested for you' because I look up a lot of cooking-related items recipes.

The OP at this stage has probably been bombarded with 'suggested you' by evey conspiracy theorist, right-wing groups, religious groups, videos explaining how news is manipulated and how the others has taken over the world, the others being the 'lefty liberals'.

The thing is its never explained what the motivation of the liberals is, why are they doing it?

You see the overarching religious zealots as nutters. So do I. However, you're falling into the same trap as them. You're also an unquestioning believer.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    say wha? so i cant have sex and reproduce?

I'd say your inability to comprehend what I just said is much more of an impediment to your future potential parenthood. I'd focus on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,415 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Paul Lee wrote: »
    I'd say your inability to comprehend what I just said is much more of an impediment to your future potential parenthood. I'd focus on that.

say wha?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I think the op's post is more of a metaphor than him believing in the devil running the country.

nthclare wrote: »
    I think the op's post is more of a metaphor than him believing in the devil running the country.

thats a pity, satan could have been a bit of craic

• Advertisement

I think the original post is a metaphor rather than them believing in the devil.

And I think quite a few people posting here know what he means but still decide to undermine him or her rather than engaging with the subject matter.

Im not religious myself but I can understand the metaphorical thinking behind the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

You see the overarching religious zealots as nutters. So do I. However, you're falling into the same trap as them. You're also an unquestioning believer.

No, I do believe in evil not the devil with horns variety an example would be.

antivax the mother/father who has anxiety tendencies and worries a lot and decided to hesitate a bit about vaccinating her children they are just wrong.

Those who promote antivax with pseudoscience knowing they are incorrect are the epitome of true evil becaue their desire for notoriety, their neediness, their need to control others has allowed them to see children harmed and not care.

Hahaha, gone to the far left! Ffs! Pbp is probably as far left as we have, and there's not a chance they'll ever be in power. Trump and casey are idiots, we certainly don't need either

People are holding "demonstrations" by lying in the street. They're jumping on trains in London. You think we haven't gone too far left? I took a picture of a guy holding a sign in Cork which read "Green is the New Red" or the other way around. I can't remember and it doesn't matter. It had the hammer and sickle painted on it. Ironic that this was at a "die-in". The Communists were good at actually killing lots of people so it was quite appropriate. Go and visit Paris, Malmo or London to see where it all leads. And rest assured, it's coming to a street near you.

I'm telling my kids we're going to probably have to leave Ireland when they get old enough due to what I call "The Great Sh*tholification of Ireland"- Can't do it now due to personal circumstances.

Liberals will be relieved to hear the likes of me will be leaving to let them enjoy the fruits of their labour. I wouldn't like to interfere. In the meantime maybe a few more people can wake up before it's too late and save themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I fully agree. That is why I don`t vote anymore, there are no suitable candidates. Even in certain referendums, I find myself precluded by the question posed.

E.g. Do you favour more liberal divorce.

Only people who favour divorce can answer yes or no to that question.

People are holding "demonstrations" by lying in the street. They're jumping on trains in London. You think we haven't gone too far left? I took a picture of a guy holding a sign in Cork which read "Green is the New Red" or the other way around. I can't remember and it doesn't matter. It had the hammer and sickle painted on it. Ironic that this was at a "die-in". The Communists were good at actually killing lots of people so it was quite appropriate. Go and visit Paris, Malmo or London to see where it all leads. And rest assured, it's coming to a street near you.

I'm telling my kids we're going to probably have to leave Ireland when they get old enough due to what I call "The Great Sh*tholification of Ireland"- Can't do it now due to personal circumstances.

Liberals will be relieved to hear the likes of me will be leaving to let them enjoy the fruits of their labour. I wouldn't like to interfere. In the meantime maybe a few more people can wake up before it's too late and save themselves.

(1) Why are the liberials doing it what is there motivation.

(2) What country are you going to move to?

The greens are at it as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

HAIL SATAN!

thats a pity, satan could have been a bit of craic

Satan hates craic. That's why he's introducing hate speech laws.

(I'm speaking like he's real. It is a metaphor but in a strange way the metaphor feels quite tangible.)

1. Power and control.
    2. I don't know yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

No, I do believe in evil not the devil with horns variety an example would be.

antivax the mother/father who has anxiety tendencies and worries a lot and decided to hesitate a bit about vaccinating her children they are just wrong.

Those who promote antivax with pseudoscience knowing they are incorrect are the epitome of true evil becaue their desire for notoriety, their neediness, their need to control others has allowed them to see children harmed and not care.

Have you seen some of the threads here on gender reassignment and what doctors are doing to children based on warped ideology.Prescribing children anti puberty meds etc.

Some people have lost faith in the medical field and its caused them to question vaccines,its nothing got to do with them being evil or attention seeking its just genuine concern that the medical industry isn't looking out for the welfare of their children.

Id say he's great craic alright, if he exists, but I suppose we've all got a bit of devillment inside...

The liberals are extremely dangerous and very much on the spectrum of being victims of their own insecurities.

I was once leaning left and hung out with liberals, they're a bit nuts to be honest.
    Full of contradictions and cannot see or understand their opposition.

Being a moderate seems to be a better option for someone like myself, principles before personalities etc

nthclare wrote: »
    The liberals are extremely dangerous and very much on the spectrum of being victims of their own insecurities.

I was once leaning left and hung out with liberals, they're a bit nuts to be honest.
    Full of contradictions and cannot see or understand their opposition.

Being a moderate seems to be a better option for someone like myself, principles before personalities etc

nuts in what way?

1. Power and control.
    2. I don't know yet.

What do they want the power and control for?

nuts in what way?

arah nuts in the same way as anyone who views everything through an ideological lens is nuts id say

you know the type

arah nuts in the same way as anyone who views everything through an ideological lens is nuts id say

you know the type

no i dont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Satan is just a cheap excuse for the fact that humanity has evil built into itself. Satan is a deflection. It allows us to shed responsibility for our own horrible actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Satan is Marxism. Wow.

Satan doesn't exist. So no Satanism or Marxism is not running Ireland.
    People need to read what Marxism is, not defending it at all, its a stupid ideology but people need to understand what it is and stop referring to everything they disagree with as communism or Marxism.

Satan is just a cheap excuse for the fact that humanity has evil built into itself. Satan is a deflection. It allows us to shed responsibility for our own horrible actions.

It moved on from the existence of saten to just evil with no saten.

True evil has its roots in the design control others if you are Judao christen religions the sin of pride, or in psychological terms the ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Ah come on now folks . You all know better than to think that Satan doesn't exist. In fact not only does he exist he's alive and well and living in this country . Hes currently referring to himself as John Deleany

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

can we go back to the lovely Irish tradition of calling Satan 'the divil'?

It moved on from the existence of saten to just evil with no saten.

True evil has its roots in the design control others if you are Judao christen religions the sin of pride, or in psychological terms the ego.

Strangely enough people on here who are supposed to be Christian, or at least post about being one, tend to show attitudes that are the exact opposite. If you read most of their posts, their money grabbing, no time for those less fortunate than themselves and would step over you on the street.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Abortion on demand is OK

I don't think many people think it's "OK", although there possibly are some. It is a very traumatic and difficult decision that people make, often in very tragic or difficult circumstances, and the only really workable way of giving effect to this in law is to let pregnant women make up their own minds on the issue, within temporal limitations of course.
    Teaching children about masturbation is OK

I don't really know enough about that. I do recall that we got sex education when I was a young chap, back in the mists of time at this stage, and that was in a Christian Brothers school.
    People are being imprisoned for non payment of VAT while pedophiles get off free.

The majority of convicted child sexual abusers are sentenced to a term of imprisonment. The majority of those who don't pay VAT are never even prosecuted as they can file late and pay a civil penalty to revenue.
    Lying is acceptable (if you're of the "liberal" persuasion.)

Funny, I would've thought that Lying is tolerated by conservatives such as Tories and Republicans, but condemned by "liberals" such as Labour, Lib Dem and Democrat parties.
    Speaking about mass immigration is "racist"

No it isn't. August bodies such as the UN discuss "overwhelming social infrastructures with the unexpected arrival of large numbers of people" but I don't see anyone calling the UN racist.
    Speaking about the origins of new violent trends is "racist"

Well, if you do so in a racist way, then yeah, I suppose so.
    Thinking there are only two genders is some kind of crazy idea.

The idea that there are a large and increasing number of genders is a fringe view. Most people think there are men, women and small numbers of exceptions to this.
    Free speech is "racist" "bigoted" etc.

Again, only if it is actually "racist" or "bigoted". People are perfectly free to discuss the extent and limit of same.
    [*]Unaccountable Political control.

Western democracies have given more control to the people than any other time in recorded history, and that is an undeniable fact. It is a curious feature of the human condition that the more freedom we have, the more we perceive ourselves to be unfree. Or, as Rousseau said "Man is born free and everywhere he is in chains" in that it is not possible to interact with other people in a society without accepting some curtailment of personal freedom.
    [*]Centrally controlled monetary policy based on debt and infinite inflation.

I agree with you that this is a bad policy. But the good news is that the old system is potentially damaged beyond repair and we are witnessing the end of that era.
    [*]Housing "crisis" alongside empty houses (akin to suspending gravity)

Was life better when the working class of Dublin lived in tennaments? Why is our current system more evil than before?
    [*]Laws being drafted by private elite entities and new global government organisations/ NGOs (UN, NATO, EU, Open Society (George Soros and the remaining Koch Brother) and passed without consultation.

They are passed with consultation. It's called the Oireachtas. Also, considering that many UN, NATO and EU proposals are defeated or opted out of by member states, you can hardly sustain your conspriacy theory here.
    [*]Referenda being re-run when the usual suspects don't get their way.

Or referenda re-run when circumstances change
    [*]New "Hate Speech" Laws (which only promote hate by suppressing dialogue).

I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

can we go back to the lovely Irish tradition of calling Satan 'the divil'?

Thats offensive, your saying that Irish people say things in a foolish manner and that makes them a source of comedy. Im offended and ringing the guards. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

OP: I'm not racist, but........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Satan is Marxism. Wow.

Satan doesn't exist. So no Satanism or Marxism is not running Ireland.
    People need to read what Marxism is, not defending it at all, its a stupid ideology but people need to understand what it is and stop referring to everything they disagree with as communism or Marxism.

Of course Satan is not Marxism, but it should be clear to everyone by now that Marxism is the work of Satan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement