Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Satan running this country? (I'm not religious, but..)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Bullied into submission for years, but you regard that as the "good old days".

Well I can remember in the 90s when people were doing the exact same thing that you are today, proclaiming that the sky is falling and some period of time 20+ years earlier was "the good old days".

People have been doing this from the dawn of humanity. Well when I say "people" I mean disaffected middle-age crisis sufferers.

Exactly, I was a teenager on the 80s and we were the feckless generation, too lazy and self absorbed. Now my generation are calling young people snowflakes. Short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

joe40 wrote: »
    Exactly, I was a teenager on the 80s and we were the feckless generation, too lazy and self absorbed. Now my generation are calling young people snowflakes. Short memories.
    And the people that call others snowflakes are usually the first to cry foul if someone says something to them. The level of projection that people display is amazing. Maybe that explains this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If you knew even the slightest thing on the subject you would know that its through Jewish scholarship that we have this information. Both men were regarded as False Messiahs. A quick perusal online will show you that almost all the historical information is available on Jewish sites, from Jewish historians.
    You're well off the mark here. An ignorant assumption on your behalf.

Do a bit of research before making accusations.

Your timeline is a comical car crash of anti-semitism. That was my point. Glad to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

All i know is, hand on heart, if Satan is the man who took us from where we were as a country 30, 40 , 50 , 60 , 70 years ago to where we are now, then hail Satan as far as i'm concerned.
    He could have handled the finances a bit better, but then lets face it, he was never going to be an accountant was he!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

alastair wrote: »
    Your timeline is a comical car crash of anti-semitism. That was my point. Glad to help.

Show me any Anti Semitic post I made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shuhada Davitt

Bullied into submission for years, but you regard that as the "good old days".

Well I can remember in the 90s when people were doing the exact same thing that you are today, proclaiming that the sky is falling and some period of time 20+ years earlier was "the good old days".

People have been doing this from the dawn of humanity. Well when I say "people" I mean disaffected middle-age crisis sufferers.

well, for starters - nice selective quoting...
    also - i'm not middle aged - i'm 32 ffs.

where did you presume that what i meant was that it was the "good old days" - you just literally made that up based on the tiny amount of quote you used from my post.

anyway - to simplify it for you - i think that a lot of people in ireland these days are deluded. i think they have become deluded by social media and there are a lot of people (without trying to sound harsh or judging) out there that are going around with too much confidence for who they are... yeah it's great to see it, in ways, but it also proves that people have become so self absorbed that they can't even look in the mirror without thinking falsities.

i get that its a good thing to be confident in yourself - but be that, dont be confident about things that arent real about yourself . it's almost like a reverse eating disorder or something - "im gorgeous and amazing" when, in reality everybody is mediocre and nobody is "amazing".

this is a new thing. it's because of filters on peoples selfies they think they look like that, - they dont. people going around playing out their "lifes' movie" in their head as if they're in new york in a big scene of a film. ... i cant describe it any other way than basically - people have become completely self obsessed whilst also being obsessed with made-up "qualitys" that they THINK they have. but they dont.

it's narcissism basically, and i always find it amusing to see such high level of narcissism in the most butt ugly munters... like - where do they get this idea???

hopefully that clears it up for you.
    it's a good and bad thing, but i never said that 20 years ago was the "good old days" - and i'm far from middle aged

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Show me any Anti Semitic post I made

Your entire timeline is a litany on tinfoil Gemma conspiracies, anti immigrant guff, islamophobia, homophobia and anti-Semitism. It’s like a cheat card for the most inane alt-****e bingo.

alastair wrote: »
    Your entire timeline is a litany on tinfoil Gemma conspiracies, anti immigrant guff, islamophobia, homophobia and anti-Semitism. It’s like a cheat card for the most inane alt-****e bingo.

Thats a no then

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

well, for starters - nice selective quoting...
    also - i'm not middle aged - i'm 32 ffs.

If you were born in 1987 you weren't a teenager in the 90s.
    Now maybe you were born in the last 20 days of December 1986, which would make you "a teenager in the 90s" as you asserted for all of at most twenty days.

Don't complain about people getting the wrong impression if you write nonsense.

where did you presume that what i meant was that it was the "good old days" - you just literally made that up based on the tiny amount of quote you used from my post.

You wrote about a time when people you deem ugly had "zero confidence" and compared it unfavourably to today. If that's not an appeal to a mythical "good old days" (as well as a sickening endorsement of bullying) then I don't know what is. Also a small proportion of complete fcukwits on twitter or instagram are not representative of society.
    anyway - to simplify it for you - i think that a lot of people in ireland these days are deluded.

You're not wrong there and threads like these are the proof.
    people have become completely self obsessed whilst also being obsessed with made-up "qualitys" that they THINK they have. but they dont.

So what? How does that affect your life in any way?
    it's narcissism basically

I can conceive of little more narcissitic than the idea expressed in threads like this that everyone must look like me, think like me, be the same sexual orientation or religion as me, have the same ethnic origin as me, have the same ideas in relation to gender and gender roles as me.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Whats your point here? Spit it out

That you're likely to be spouting sh!t because you won't provide references to back it up.

So far, QED.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

If you were born in 1987 you weren't a teenager in the 90s.
    Now maybe you were born in the last 20 days of December 1986, which would make you "a teenager in the 90s" as you asserted for all of at most twenty days.

Don't complain about people getting the wrong impression if you write nonsense.

You wrote about a time when people you deem ugly had "zero confidence" and compared it unfavourably to today. If that's not an appeal to a mythical "good old days" (as well as a sickening endorsement of bullying) then I don't know what is. Also a small proportion of complete fcukwits on twitter or instagram are not representative of society.

You're not wrong there and threads like these are the proof.

So what? How does that affect your life in any way?

I can conceive of little more narcissitic than the idea expressed in threads like this that everyone must look like me, think like me, be the same sexual orientation or religion as me, have the same ethnic origin as me, have the same ideas in relation to gender and gender roles as me.

all you have done here is prove that you are deluded yourself.
    you have deluded yourself into thinking that you write well on boards, that people respect what you write and that you think you've "won" the argument by trying to cut down my post.

you are deluded into thinking you are the only one who is right.
    i turned 13 in 1999 as it happens, so yes i was a teenager.

the issue here is people who are deluded , always think they are right, or hot, or the best or whatever it is they are deluded about.
    in your case, my own opinion from reading your posts is that your delusion is that you believe that your opinions are the only correct ones, that you are "better" , at least "better at boards" - wow, what an achievement.

listen, you can try and dismantle and rebuild my posts to suit whatever agenda it is you have, but tbh, i dont care. you've proven to be just another one of the mindless deluded phone-staring space-heads

btw - what the hell was your original reply? totally needlessly angry and venomous. maybe i touched a nerve with the ugly comment. sorry!

you obviously picked up on my post from the "victim" point of view and read it the wrong way - because nowhere did i say anything about "ugly in my view" as you put it. i dont think anyone is "ugly" i was just using that word to simplify my point to people like you who obviously cant understand basic written english.

good day to you

all you have done here is prove that you are deluded yourself.
    you have deluded yourself into thinking that you write well on boards, that people respect what you write and that you think you've "won" the argument by trying to cut down my post.

you are deluded into thinking you are the only one who is right.

the issue here is people who are deluded , always think they are right, or hot, or the best or whatever it is they are deluded about.
    in your case, my own opinion from reading your posts is that your delusion is that you believe that your opinions are the only correct ones, that you are "better" , at least "better at boards" - wow, what an achievement.

listen, you can try and dismantle and rebuild my posts to suit whatever agenda it is you have, but tbh, i dont care. you've proven to be just another one of the mindless deluded phone-staring space-heads

btw - what the hell was your original reply? totally needlessly angry and venomous. maybe i touched a nerve with the ugly comment. sorry!

you obviously picked up on my post from the "victim" point of view and read it the wrong way - because nowhere did i say anything about "ugly in my view" as you put it. i dont think anyone is "ugly" i was just using that word to simplify my point to people like you who obviously cant understand basic written english.

good day to you
    Couldn't everyone reach the same conclusion about you from reading your posts?

xckjoo wrote: »
    Couldn't everyone reach the same conclusion about you from reading your posts?

or you, or anyone - that's my point.

i dont see why you are attempting to argue that point
    the only reason someone would argue it or try to nonsense it is because they must be feeling victimised by what i had said - thus, proving the point im making about people who are too self centred to even take on board a different opinion.

the very first thing you and hotblack despatio both did when you joined the thread was to cut through peoples harmless inoffensive posts to try and start a needless argument - all based on your own internal monologue of delusion - ie; you're thinking must be along the lines of "im always right, i'm on a high horse here and i'm going to try and make it obvious to everyone else"

when - that is wrong. you are NOT right, you merely have your own opinion - actually do you? or are you just here to try and troll ?

the simple point i am trying to make is that people these days (not just "Young people" as depatio was trying to claim, but ALL people) have become absolute witless, gormless, self centred people because of social media, and that this has nothing to do with "evil" - although both of you arguing for no reason seems like it may have a little bit of diviliment there alright...

just get over yourselves is what i say to these people. look in the mirror - like, REALLY look at yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Paul Lee wrote: »
    I'm not a believer but I'd call myself a secular Christian. I do have a desire to believe in God even if I can't quite buy in. If we cant look to the transcendent then we're genuinely screwed. It turns out that we need God whether he's real or allegory. Civilisation depends on it in a very real way. Why does just about every culture on the planet believe in a God? It turns out to be Darwinian selection. Down through history- don't follow God, then you don't get to pass on your genes.

Don't shoot the messenger- I'm just quoting scientific researchers such as Michael Woodley and Edward Dutton. It makes sense too if you think about it. And we can see the results of deviating from that, reading from the list above which isn't exhaustive by any means.

Seriously, gtf. They're notorious 'white power' types.

or you, or anyone - that's my point.

i dont see why you are attempting to argue that point
    the only reason someone would argue it or try to nonsense it is because they must be feeling victimised by what i had said - thus, proving the point im making about people who are too self centred to even take on board a different opinion.

the very first thing you and hotblack despatio both did when you joined the thread was to cut through peoples harmless inoffensive posts to try and start a needless argument - all based on your own internal monologue of delusion - ie; you're thinking must be along the lines of "im always right, i'm on a high horse here and i'm going to try and make it obvious to everyone else"

when - that is wrong. you are NOT right, you merely have your own opinion - actually do you? or are you just here to try and troll ?

the simple point i am trying to make is that people these days (not just "Young people" as depatio was trying to claim, but ALL people) have become absolute witless, gormless, self centred people because of social media, and that this has nothing to do with "evil" - although both of you arguing for no reason seems like it may have a little bit of diviliment there alright...

just get over yourselves is what i say to these people. look in the mirror - like, REALLY look at yourself.

That's nice but you completely missed the point of my post. You complained about people having inflated belief in their own opinions but failed to recognise the contradiction in having an absolute belief in your own opinion. Are you not guilty of doing exactly what you accuse everyone else of doing? You go so far as to assume you know what other people "internal monologues" are without them even expressing them and what motivates them to do stuff based solely on a few lines of text on a message board, or (presumably) your observations of them on the street. You decry people always thinking they're right but then wonder why anyone would disagree with you without the slightest hint of irony.

Not on the social media so I think I'm alright there. Don't generally look in mirrors either though cause vanity is not one of my vices.

Odhinn wrote: »

Weren't they two of a previous poster, kimsang, if I remember correctly, go to guys for "facts"?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Weren't they two of a previous poster, kimsang, if I remember correctly, go to guys for "facts"?

They have degrees and their knuckles are less draggy than the normal white power crowd, so they're a classic "source" for 'real facts'.

They have degrees and their knuckles are less draggy than the normal white power crowd, so they're a classic "source" for 'real facts'.

I know yeah!
    Just look at them with their Degrees and PHDs, and their 'facts' 'research' and 'data'
    Scientific research and data is a product of 'White Power' obviously..what else could it be?

Dutton has a theory of genetic Spiteful Mutants. You should look it up..might ring a bell.

I know yeah!
    Just look at them with their Degrees and PHDs, and their 'facts' 'research' and 'data'
    Scientific research and data is a product of 'White Power' obviously..what else could it be?

Dutton has a theory of genetic Spiteful Mutants. You should look it up..might ring a bell.

Bit mad the vast majority of scientists don't share his views though? It's almost as if he was utterly wrong.

I'm sure he does. That's part of the problem.

Bit mad the vast majority of scientists don't share his views though? It's almost as if he was utterly wrong.

I'm sure he does. That's part of the problem.

Whooosh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

This fella was a doctor acidemic qualification dose not make someone rational and believe in evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

i dont think what you are seeing is "evil" as such, but i definitely agree that people have somewhat changed, and irish society is becoming a lot colder and meaner.

i dont think it's based on people being more "evil" though, i think a lot of it has to do with people becoming really really stupid and self centred in the last decade or so since social media has become more insidious.

all i see on the streets of dublin every day are people with their heads down looking into their black screens. it's madness.

the world unfortunately has become a pit of narcissism and vanity, and people are going around the place genuinely believing that they are "the best" or better than everyone else.

this can be demonstrated by the fact that when i was a teenager in the 90s, the ugly kids, fat kids, kids with acne, kids with horrible personalities - they all had zero confidence. nowadays, people have become so vain and self-absorbed that even the ugliest sinner thinks they are some sort of gorgeous celebrity.

that to me is proof of the selfishness of modern people, and i think it's mainly due to the nature of social media and the influence that it all has on peoples psyche these days.

it appears "evil" but it's just really dumb. the dumbing down of society.

Bull****. Ireland was a lot colder and meaner the further you go back. Whether controlled by the English or the church.

We inherited a lot of the worst of English culture like the heavy drinking and **** food which has a knock on effect of dumbing people down and causing mental illness.

The amount of bullying and **** that went on when I was a kid in the 80's was crazy. People were dumb ****ing dickheads then.

Our society has always been pretty dumb, as are most societies. How that manifests itself has changed. That's all.

For less than a year, yes... so really you were a teen in the 00s. So no need to get upset when a poster thinks you're ten years older than you are, based on the misleading information you supplied.

I really don't know what brought on the rest of your post, more of a rant really but bears no relation to anything I wrote.

BloodBath wrote: »
    The amount of bullying and **** that went on when I was a kid in the 80's was crazy. People were dumb ****ing dickheads then.

In the 70s and 80s violence was just normal. Parents whacked kids (luckily mine didn't), teachers whacked kids, kids whacked kids and why wouldn't they with the example they were getting from the adults?

Anyone who stood out or was different in any way was as liable to be slagged off constantly by the teacher as they were by the other kids

Most kids hated school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I know yeah!

TBF, you can be a swell high scoring academic and have no clue of your own. He might be great at citing others and explaining what they were about but his conclusions might be a tad whack-a-doodle.

Placing one 'race' above another and citing genetic differences would be the very definition of racism IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Regular, full-time workers are treated like flaming garbage by this government. Everything will be taken from you, and everything will be given to others. They deserve to be in prison for this. Yet they thump their chests with pride about how good we supposedly have it. For all except the people who work and are just trying to put food on their table.

It's a complete disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I bet he thinks Wakefield is the most trustworthy doctor ever.

The_Brood wrote: »
    Regular, full-time workers are treated like flaming garbage by this government. Everything will be taken from you

Think you might be exaggerating just a tad there?

Also have you compared tax rates here to other developed countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

satan doesnt exist and if you're not religious its amazing how closely yr opinions match a right wing catholic's

ehehehe best reply :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

Think you might be exaggerating just a tad there?

Also have you compared tax rates here to other developed countries?

Hah! I caught you justifying taxes! If you like them so much would you mind paying mine? You see, you think they're OK. Democracy isn't getting us anywhere so let's go back to meritocracy where those who deserve it get to survive and help those that they know won't steal or waste their assistance.

You know, instead of helping thieves, rapists, perverts and murderers to survive and thrive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement