Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being targeted by another poster

Options
  • 09-12-2019 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Being targeted by another poster across two threads who I don’t even engage with anymore. What recourse do I have?

Most recent examples below. There are previous examples from months ago in which a mod advised me to highlight these if they reoccur.

#6142 Republic of Ireland team discussion thread
    #8704 second captains
    #8931 second captains

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Have you reported these posts? This should be your first step so mods can take a look, they will usually have a good idea of what is happening in their forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Have you reported these posts? This should be your first step so mods can take a look, they will usually have a good idea of what is happening in their forums.

Reported the one that called me an “absolute weirdo”, never heard anything back about was any action taken.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Reported the one that called me an “absolute weirdo”, never heard anything back about was any action taken.

You generally won't hear anything back from a mod about a reported post whether action was taken or not, they can't respond to every reported post individually.

I've taken a look at the three posts now (in future please provide a link to the threads). I've actioned the post calling you an absolute weirdo. The other two were not actionable.

If you have an issue with any other posts in the future or think they are breaking rules/charter, please report them so that mods can take a look, you had only reported one of the three you were complaining about here. Mods may never have seen them - they are not expected to read every post in every thread in their forums.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement