Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of symptoms

Options
  • 09-12-2019 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi, I'm circa 11.5 weeks now and my nausea etc dropped off at about 7.5-8 weeks. I stopped feeling pregnant apart from my boobs, bloating and a small bump. No fatigue etc. Totally different to my first. I feel just like me except with a little more weight.

I have my 12 week scan on Thurs and am preparing for the worst but just wondering if anyone has experienced this and had a good result.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ca_va

Hi! I had a similar experience at the start - to the point where I went and paid for a private scan at around 10 weeks as I was convinced I didn't feel pregnant anymore and just wanted to know. I'm now 29 weeks so everything was fine, my symptoms just seem to have come in peaks and troughs.

I hope it is the same for you and you get good news on THursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Ca_va wrote: »
    Hi! I had a similar experience at the start - to the point where I went and paid for a private scan at around 10 weeks as I was convinced I didn't feel pregnant anymore and just wanted to know. I'm now 29 weeks so everything was fine, my symptoms just seem to have come in peaks and troughs.

I hope it is the same for you and you get good news on THursday.

Really? I came close to paying for one too but given the time of year I don't have the extra funds.

I'm setting up scenarios in my head, I'm so convinced, it sounds ridiculous I know.

Hopefully I will have a story like yours. Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

All my symptoms eased at 9 weeks. Currently 5.5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I had no real symptoms my entire pregnancy, only threw up once at 20 weeks. Currently have a 10 month old squirming around the lounge floor. Best of luck with your scan!

Thanks all, I'll try to stay positive so. Maybe it's just a case that all pregnancies are just completely different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

On my first pregnancy (totally healthy) my morning sickness started at 5 weeks and stopped overnight at 8 weeks. Just woke up one day and it was gone.

Dont be referring to Dr. Google and worrying yourself unnecessarily, most likely all is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

My nausea stopped suddenly at 10 weeks. 29 weeks now! I'm on my first but I have heard it said that your second can be totally different- your body has done this before so it knows what to do!

xalot wrote: »
    On my first pregnancy (totally healthy) my morning sickness started at 5 weeks and stopped overnight at 8 weeks. Just woke up one day and it was gone.

Dont be referring to Dr. Google and worrying yourself unnecessarily, most likely all is fine.

I think why I'm worried is that it's not Dr Google stressing me, it's more I know intuitively I feel completely different to how I felt the last time around! Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Countless people can tell you of their experiences. Some may reassure you, others may frighten you. My advice, if you are concerned, go to your GP. It’s an awful burden on your mind and body to be worried.

Advertisement