If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on picking the right TV

Options
  • 09-12-2019 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Good afternoon,

I'm looking to upgrade my TV and I'm a little fuzzy on the finer details of different models. I'd love some advice if you could help me please.

Budget: €650
    Size: 55 inch (preferably)

It will be used primarily as a TV for an xbox one and as a monitor for a mid range gaming pc. So It would have to have a clear image and smooth operation. 

It'll also be used for all the usuals, Netflix, Movies, Prime, saor view etc.

I'd love a model that has at least 3 HDMI ports too. 

All advice is appreciated , thanks a million!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Danoman wrote: »
    Good afternoon,

I'm looking to upgrade my TV and I'm a little fuzzy on the finer details of different models. I'd love some advice if you could help me please.

It will be used primarily as a TV for an xbox one and as a monitor for a mid range gaming pc. So It would have to have a clear image and smooth operation. 

Hi Danoman.

You could check out the Philips 55PUS6754 priced at 649 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204207-philips-55pus6754-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Samsung have the 55RU7400 priced at £599 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203887-samsung-ue55ru7400-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

These would be the best two in and around the 650 Mark.

Next up would be the Sony 55XG7003 priced at 699 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204081-sony-bravia-kd55xg7003bu-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-freeview-hd.aspx

All are pretty similar but the Samsung is only a 8 but panel,
    The Sony and Philips are 10Bit (8Bit + 2FRC)
    All 3 are 50 Hz screens.
    The Philips has the faster processor and is also direct lit rather than edge lit like the Sony and Samsung.

Hope this helps a little.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Danoman

Hi Kenny,

Thanks so much for the options!
    I really like the look of the models. Especially the Phillips.

One issue I have is that I've overshot my screen size. Looks like I'm looking for a 49 or 50 inch.

Does the Phillips Amber light come in a 50 inch?

If not, if either of the other two come in 49 or 50 inch sizes, I'd be interested on which you think would be the best for gaming.

Thanks!

Good afternoon,

Hi Danoman.

All 3 are 50 Hz screens.
    The Philips has the faster processor and is also direct lit rather than edge lit like the Sony and Samsung.

Just had a look through your website.

For gaming, is there much difference between the Philips 50PUS6754
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204191-philips-50pus6754-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

or the Philips 50PUS7394
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204209-philips-50pus7394-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd.aspx

I love the idea of the Amber light and I'm definitely leaning towards the philips.

Thanks,

Dan

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Good afternoon,

Hi Danoman.

All 3 are 50 Hz screens.

Just had a look through your website.

For gaming, is there much difference between the Philips 50PUS6754
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204191-philips-50pus6754-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

or the Philips 50PUS7394
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204209-philips-50pus7394-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd.aspx

I love the idea of the Amber light and I'm definitely leaning towards the philips.

Thanks,

Dan
    Hi Dan,

Both TVs have a native 50Hz panel but the PUS7394 has a better processor pushing out 1700PPI over 1200PPI on the PUS6754. The 7394 would give you a more stable image for gaming.

It also has the better Android operating system.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi Dan,

Both TVs have a native 50Hz panel but the PUS7394 has a better processor pushing out 1700PPI over 1200PPI on the PUS6754. The 7394 would give you a more stable image for gaming.

Kind regards

David

Then it's the 7394 for me. Thanks a million David. Will pop an order online for delivery this evening or in the morning. Really appreciate the help.

Dan

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Dan,

Kind regards

David

Then it's the 7394 for me. Thanks a million David. Will pop an order online for delivery this evening or in the morning. Really appreciate the help.

Dan
    No problem, thanks for the order Dan!

Thanks David. Ordered this afternoon. One final question, Will I be notified when it is being delivered? Just want to make sure there's someone there to receive it.

Thanks.

Thanks David. Ordered this afternoon. One final question, Will I be notified when it is being delivered? Just want to make sure there's someone there to receive it.

Thanks.
    Hey Danoman.

Cheers for the order.

Our courier will get in contact via text with tracking details and delivery details.
    It will also contain a contact number should you need to call them.

You can also email Emmaj@Richersounds.ie as she is looking after our tracking/shipping logistics side of things.
    She should be able to get any information you require about the delivery and order.

You can of course also drop me a post or PM and I can look into things from this end.

Hey Danoman.

Cheers for the order.

Our courier will get in contact via text with tracking details and delivery details.

You can also email Emmaj@Richersounds.ie as she is looking after our tracking/shipping logistics side of things.
    She should be able to get any information you require about the delivery and order.

You can of course also drop me a post or PM and I can look into things from this end.

Brilliant! Listen thanks so much for all your help. You provid a great service. Made the whole process so easy.

Happy Christmas!

Hey Danoman.

Cheers for the order.

Brilliant! Listen thanks so much for all your help. You provid a great service. Made the whole process so easy.

Happy Christmas!
    Hey Danoman.

You are more than welcome!!

Merry Christmas to you too.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.