If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha WXA-50

Options
  • 09-12-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Any chance for an Xmas deal on Yamaha WXA-50? I would also consider an open box or a demo unit.

Also, need a Toslink cable with a right angle connector at one end. Do you do them?

Thanks,

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

walus wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Any chance for an Xmas deal on Yamaha WXA-50? I would also consider an open box or a demo unit.

Also, need a Toslink cable with a right angle connector at one end. Do you do them?

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Thanks for the post.

We wouldn't stock a right angle optical unfortunately.

At the moment we are totally our of stock on the WXA50 and we are currently chasing more stock but do not have an incoming date as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment we are totally our of stock on the WXA50 and we are currently chasing more stock but do not have an incoming date as of yet.
    HI Kenny,

Can you please let me know once they become available?
    Thanks,

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Thanks for the post.

HI Kenny,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

I will do my best to let you know when I see an ETA on them.

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Thanks for the post.

HI Kenny,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Hi Kenny, 
    Any news on WXA-50? Alternatively, I was looking at the RN803D. Not sure if I have a space for it - shelf is only 38 cm deep. Do you have it in stock and what is your best price?

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Thanks for the post.

HI Kenny,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Hi Kenny, 
    Any news on WXA-50? Alternatively, I was looking at the RN803D. Not sure if I have a space for it - shelf is only 38 cm deep. Do you have it in stock and what is your best price?
    Hi Walus.

Still no update on the WXA-50 stock arriving. At this point its most likely going to be the new year if we are going to see anymore.

The RN803 is 39.2cm in depth so the front would sit out of your unit just a little.

We do have one of the RN803 left in stock here at the Belfast store. Retails at £549.00
    I could offer one for £535 delivered.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Thanks for the post.

HI Kenny,

Thanks,
    Hi Walus.

Hi Kenny, 
    Hi Walus.

Still no update on the WXA-50 stock arriving. At this point its most likely going to be the new year if we are going to see anymore.

The RN803 is 39.2cm in depth so the front would sit out of your unit just a little.

We do have one of the RN803 left in stock here at the Belfast store. Retails at £549.00
    I could offer one for £535 delivered.
    Seems like the WXA-50 is available again. Could you confirm that please. Also do you match the  UK offer and give the 6 year warranty with it? Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Walus,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

There is a small quantity of the WXA50 just in now in our main warehouse - we have now added the 6 Year as standard to the WXA50 - the Euro price is going up at some stage today slightly but we will honour your order price.

Thanks as ever Walus and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Walus,

There is a small quantity of the WXA50 just in now in our main warehouse - we have now added the 6 Year as standard to the WXA50 - the Euro price is going up at some stage today slightly but we will honour your order price.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John. That is great. You can probably see my order on the system already (delivery to Cork). As long as the 6 yer warranty is added on, I'm happy to proceed. Give me a buzz at some stage before 11.30 am or after 2pm. Thanks.

Hi Walus,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John. That is great. You can probably see my order on the system already (delivery to Cork). As long as the 6 yer warranty is added on, I'm happy to proceed. Give me a buzz at some stage before 11.30 am or after 2pm. Thanks.
    Hi Walus.

Got your request quote.

We will give you a call after 11:30am.

Delivery would then be around the 6th Jan.

Hi Walus,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi Walus.

Got your request quote.

We will give you a call after 11:30am.

Delivery would then be around the 6th Jan.
    6th of January? I was hoping I'd get it on Monday??

• Advertisement

Hey Walus.

Our last confirmed shipping day for our mail order service from our main Manchester warehouse was Wednesday 18th.

Our courier is now closed until the new year and no deliveries will take place from our main warehouse until around the 6th Jan.
    Unfortunately this is out of our control as the Courier Aramex is an independent company and set their own holidays.

I could try and get one on of our weekly store deliveries and then ship it out via DPD as their holidays for the Christmas period are shorter but this is still going to be around the start of the New Year.

Let me know if you would like to proceed.

Hey Walus.

Our last confirmed shipping day for our mail order service from our main Manchester warehouse was Wednesday 18th.

Our courier is now closed until the new year and no deliveries will take place from our main warehouse until around the 6th Jan.
    Unfortunately this is out of our control as the Courier Aramex is an independent company and set their own holidays.

I could try and get one on of our weekly store deliveries and then ship it out via DPD as their holidays for the Christmas period are shorter but this is still going to be around the start of the New Year.

Kenny, I would appreciate if you could get the unit to me before the 1st of Jan. I'm happy to go ahead with the purchase, so give me a call in the afternoon, say 3pm? Thanks.

Hey Walus.

Kenny, I would appreciate if you could get the unit to me before the 1st of Jan. I'm happy to go ahead with the purchase, so give me a call in the afternoon, say 3pm? Thanks.
    Hi Walus.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee that you will get it before the 1st Jan.
    I can't guarantee a certain date as I do not want to promise something I will have no control over.

I can only try my best but with all the Christmas Holidays the couriers will be back logged up once they reopen and this could add time to the delivery timescale.

As I say there is no issue shipping the item but at this time of the year I can not guarantee an exact delivery date.

Hi Walus.

I can't guarantee a certain date as I do not want to promise something I will have no control over.

I can only try my best but with all the Christmas Holidays the couriers will be back logged up once they reopen and this could add time to the delivery timescale.

As I say there is no issue shipping the item but at this time of the year I can not guarantee an exact delivery date.

Guys, just wanted to say big thank you for getting the WXA-50 delivered to me so quickly! I only ordered it yesterday. Thanks again and Happy Christmas to ye all.

Hi Walus.

Guys, just wanted to say big thank you for getting the WXA-50 delivered to me so quickly! I only ordered it yesterday. Thanks again and Happy Christmas to ye all.
    Ah Excellent News Walus.

We were pulling all sorts of strings to try and get it to you before Christmas :D

Have a fantastic Christmas and again thanks for the business.

Hi Walus.

Ah Excellent News Walus.

We were pulling all sorts of strings to try and get it to you before Christmas :D

While the service you provided was top notch guys, the product itself is underwhelming, unfortunately. I had it driving small bookshelf speakers (8 Ohm, 86 dB sensitivity) and it has been struggling. I need to have it at 60-80% of volume to fill in a small (15sq m) room which with the same speakers the old MCR602 drives with ease (15-20% of power). And at that having a less powerful amp (40 W vs 55 W). This leaves no headroom for moving it to a bigger room at some stage. Not sure what could be wrong, but I checked all the settings and nothing seems to be helping with that. I'm king of left scratching my head as I researched the product thoroughly before buying. It ticked all the boxes and with 2x50 W should be able to drive any pair of decent speakers. Any chance I could return it and go for something with more oomph? PM7000N possibly? Thanks

Hi Walus.

Ah Excellent News Walus.

While the service you provided was top notch guys, the product itself is underwhelming, unfortunately. I had it driving small bookshelf speakers (8 Ohm, 86 dB sensitivity) and it has been struggling. I need to have it at 60-80% of volume to fill in a small (15sq m) room which with the same speakers the old MCR602 drives with ease (15-20% of power).  And at that having a less powerful amp (40 W vs 55 W). This leaves no headroom for moving it to a bigger room at some stage. Not sure what could be wrong, but I checked all the settings and nothing seems to be helping with that. I'm king of left scratching my head as I researched the product thoroughly before buying. It ticked all the boxes and with 2x50 W should be able to drive any pair of decent speakers. Any chance I could return it and go for something with more oomph? PM7000N possibly? Thanks
    Hey Walus.

Sorry to hear you are not happy with the quality of the WXA50.
    Did you download the app to see if there are any further settings within?

There is no issue in returning it to us and going for something else.

You could not even begin to compare the WXA50 to the PM7000N. The PM7000N is a monster of an amplifier
    They retail at £999 - I could discount this down to £923 sterling or 1085 Euro
    You paid 399 Euro for the WXA50 which would leave a balance of 686 Euro to pay.

Hi Walus.

Ah Excellent News Walus.

While the service you provided was top notch guys, the product itself is underwhelming, unfortunately. I had it driving small bookshelf speakers (8 Ohm, 86 dB sensitivity) and it has been struggling. I need to have it at 60-80% of volume to fill in a small (15sq m) room which with the same speakers the old MCR602 drives with ease (15-20% of power).  And at that having a less powerful amp (40 W vs 55 W). This leaves no headroom for moving it to a bigger room at some stage. Not sure what could be wrong, but I checked all the settings and nothing seems to be helping with that. I'm king of left scratching my head as I researched the product thoroughly before buying. It ticked all the boxes and with 2x50 W should be able to drive any pair of decent speakers. Any chance I could return it and go for something with more oomph? PM7000N possibly? Thanks
    Hey Walus.

You could not even begin to compare the WXA50 to the PM7000N. The PM7000N is a monster of an amplifier
    Kenny, I went through the app a couple of times as this is the only way to setup and control the unit. There are options to restrict the volume and trim it as it comes from different sources, which in current settings are both disabled i.e full amp gain is available. I simply think that the amp does not deliver enough current as the sound stage only opens up when it is at 70% of its capacity. This is a bit of a bummer as the unit itself, its simplicity and functionality are great, takes no space and plays anything I need it to play. 
    It is tricky to buy the HiFi gear over the internet without the chance to test the product before purchasing and it is great that you guys make it a no hassle process if things don't work out the way that one would have hopped. I'd be happy to swap it for the PM7000N black. Give me a call to arrange this. Thanks.

Hi Walus.

Ah Excellent News Walus.

Hey Walus.

Kenny, I went through the app a couple of times as this is the only way to setup and control the unit. There are options to restrict the volume and trim it as it comes from different sources, which in current settings are both disabled i.e full amp gain is available. I simply think that the amp does not deliver enough current as the sound stage only opens up when it is at 70% of its capacity. This is a bit of a bummer as the unit itself, its simplicity and functionality are great, takes no space and plays anything I need it to play. 
    It is tricky to buy the HiFi gear over the internet without the chance to test the product before purchasing and it is great that you guys make it a no hassle process if things don't work out the way that one would have hopped. I'd be happy to swap it for the PM7000N black. Give me a call to arrange this. Thanks.
    Hey Walus.

We will drop you a call ASAP.

Hi Walus.

Ah Excellent News Walus.

Hey Walus.

Hey Walus.

Guys, what can I say... PM7000n was just delivered. What a great surprise, did not expect it today at all. Just in for Christmas. Perfect. Santa himself would be more than proud of a service like this. Top class. Thank you.
    As for the WXA-50, it is ready for collection. 

• Advertisement

Hi Walus.

Ah Excellent News Walus.

Hey Walus.

Hey Walus.

Guys, what can I say... PM7000n was just delivered. What a great surprise, did not expect it today at all. Just in for Christmas. Perfect. Santa himself would be more than proud of a service like this. Top class. Thank you.
    Hey Walus.

Excellent the that it arrived before Christmas :D

The courier is not back collecting again until the 27th. Does this suit for the collection?

Hi Walus.

Ah Excellent News Walus.

Hey Walus.

Hey Walus.

Hey Walus.

The courier is not back collecting again until the 27th. Does this suit for the collection?
    Kenny, 27th is fine with me. 

As for the PM7000n - the price tag is fully justified. Drives the pair of KEF R’s with ease. DAC is of high quality too as even low quality files sound good. Very happy with it. Thanks.

Hi Walus.

Ah Excellent News Walus.

Hey Walus.

Hey Walus.

Hey Walus.

Kenny, 27th is fine with me. 

As for the PM7000n - the price tag is fully justified. Drives the pair of KEF R’s with ease. DAC is of high quality too as even low quality files sound good. Very happy with it. Thanks.
    Hey Walus.

Great that you are enjoying the PM7000 :)

I'll arrange with DPD to collect the Yamaha tomorrow.

Kenny, I assume DPD will text me day and time of the collection?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi walus,

I have emailed them again this morning to arrange the collection for you.

Please let me know if you don't hear from them and I can chase it up.

Kind regards

David

Hi walus,

Kind regards

David
    Yamaha is still waiting to be collected. I thought I’d let you know guys.

On another note, any chance for a great deal on Revel Concerta2 M16? Demo set, open box, anything really. ;)

On another note, any chance for a great deal on Revel Concerta2 M16? Demo set, open box, anything really. ;)

Quick update. Yamaha has been collected 2 minutes ago. Thanks.

Hi walus,

Kind regards

David

Hey Walus.

I really am sorry DPD have not yet collected the WXA50. I had arranged it again the other day and as they didn't tell me otherwise I thought they had picked it up.
    I emailed them again and asked them to confirm when they will collect it. I know they are closed tomorrow unfortunately.

I do have our display set of Concerta2 M16 in the Black finish which I could let you have for £699 or 823 Euro delivered.

I'll have to put the plans for getting the M16s on a back burner for the time being. There is a living room re-arrangement on the cards and have to wait what will fit into it and how. Most likely will have to ditch my MA floor standers in favor of the book shelf speakers but will have to wait and see if the front ported will not be a better option (i.e. Aria 906). 

On another note, with regard to PM7000N, I did not get any receipt with it. Do you still send them out (hard/soft copy)? Also, was there a 6 year warranty included with it just as it was with the WXA-50 that it replaced?

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Walus,
    no problem on the Revel M16's!

On the PM7000n - it will ship today and your final receipt will issue then via PDF / Email - if you cannot print it out and would like a hard copy at any stage just drop us a line - we store them on our system and will happily issue you a copy at any time ( we just don't issue hard receipts as a matter of course anymore to save paper)

On the 6 year warranty - unfortunately there is no 6 Year warranty offer currently running with the Marantz - there is a 2 year warranty as standard and of course you can opt for our optional 6 year guarantee for 10% of the product cost - which is refundable at the end of the guarantee period if it has not been used - you can check out the T's and C's on the www.richersoundsireland.com site

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.