Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses openings and closures around Wexford

Options
  • 09-12-2019 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

-Wingman opened situated on Monck Street, A restaurant which mainly serves chicken wings.

- Yeah Burgr opened situated in Redmond Square. Another restaurant which specializes in Burgers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Schnitzel Haus (German cuisine) opened on Crescent Quay in the same premises as the recently closed PK Thai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Allot of food places opened up recently burger,chicken and German as mention but also Mexican known as "Wild Wexican" a bit of a change from the Asian related places that we got before.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

Yeah alot of new restaurants opening but they real question is how long till they are closed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Corvo

CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    Yeah alot of new restaurants opening but they real question is how long till they are closed again?

I'm mad about German food and the beer looks fantastic. But its a bit niche and wouldn't expect it to take off. I'll have to make the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Allot of food places opened up recently burger,chicken and German as mention but also Mexican known as "Wild Wexican" a bit of a change from the Asian related places that we got before.

Got a burrito for my lunch there today and delicious and very filling. Also doing a special deal up to Christmas where everything is a fiver which is fantastic value going by what I got today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

Yeah I can see how they work in Dublin and other places, but Wexford really isn't that big of a place for all these styles.

Corvo wrote: »
    I'm mad about German food and the beer looks fantastic. But its a bit niche and wouldn't expect it to take off. I'll have to make the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wexford has 4 odd Asian places so a variety in food is really welcomed. Speaking with food what is the story with Uncle Sam's ? It used to be the go to place many lifetimes ago with its sausage box and chicken box but quality decline think they changed food suppliers or something haven't been there in well over a decade.

Why its it closed ? Anything to do with the council plans for buying up South Main Street for redevelopment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Corvo

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Wexford has 4 odd Asian places so a variety in food is really welcomed. Speaking with food what is the story with Uncle Sam's ? It used to be the go to place many lifetimes ago with its sausage box and chicken box but quality decline think they changed food suppliers or something haven't been there in well over a decade.

Why its it closed ? Anything to do with the council plans for buying up South Main Street for redevelopment ?

Two of the Asian places in my opinion are of really really good quality (The Vine and The Red Elephant).

On Uncle Sams, I think definitely changed owners and in my opinion things changed after that. They branched into all sorts (Full Irish Breakfasts etc.)

Advertisement