Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Echo

Options
  • 09-12-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm currently looking into buying an Amazon Echo Dot for my Father, he has very poor eyesight and i'm hoping Alexa will improve his day to day life.

I'm not too familiar with the products (or competitors) so is there anything the Dot does not have the full Echo does?

Also the wireless broadband in my family home is not particularly good (Eircom approx 5mb/s DL), is this even enough to use the product?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

We've a couple of dots setup in stereo mostly used for radio and timers for cooking, the dot has all the function of the larger echos and the sound in stereo pair is pretty decent, also have a couple of smart plugs and lights around the house which can be voice controlled and timers set, altogether we find them very useful devices and hoping to get the echo studio in the new year as we're using them alot more than we thought we would.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

Forgot to mention our broadband is about the same (around 5mb D/l) and the dots cope fine with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

balcan wrote: »
    We've a couple of dots setup in stereo mostly used for radio and timers for cooking, the dot has all the function of the larger echos and the sound in stereo pair is pretty decent, also have a couple of smart plugs and lights around the house which can be voice controlled and timers set, altogether we find them very useful devices and hoping to get the echo studio in the new year as we're using them alot more than we thought we would.
    balcan wrote: »
    Forgot to mention our broadband is about the same (around 5mb D/l) and the dots cope fine with that.

Thanks a million for the reply, I was worrying about the broadband speed but glad to hear it shouldn't be an issue.

Smart plugs and lights will be very useful also.

Cheers

Advertisement