Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Boiler

Options
  • 09-12-2019 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, I need to replace an oil boiler does anybody know of a company that supplies and fits new boilers in kilkenny city.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Buy the boiler in heat merchants.
    I’d recommend Conor O Byrne to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

1984baby wrote: »
    Buy the boiler in heat merchants.
    I’d recommend Conor O Byrne to install it.

I was about to get ripped off for a new boiler €3,000, I booked for a service, service man came out and barely looked at it, and all he would say was i I needed a new boiler this is gone on it, that is gone on it, secondhand are a waste of time, a new boiler is all you need I'll get Conor to ring you.

I wasn't happy with the diagnosis got a second opinion from an experienced plumber. Next day had it fixed in hour he said all the boiler needed was a service.

Conor did ring me to organise the new boiler a week later and maybe he would have looked at the my boiler and decided it could be serviced. But no explanation just hung up when I asked him why couldn't they service it.

My opinion was I was being sold a new boiler that wasn't needed.

Boilers are expensive ring around for the best service.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Dymo wrote: »
    I was about to get ripped off for a new boiler €3,000, I booked for a service, service man came out and barely looked at it, and all he would say was i I needed a new boiler this is gone on it, that is gone on it, secondhand are a waste of time, a new boiler is all you need I'll get Conor to ring you.

I wasn't happy with the diagnosis got a second opinion from an experienced plumber. Next day had it fixed in hour he said all the boiler needed was a service.

Conor did ring me to organise the new boiler a week later and maybe he would have looked at the my boiler and decided it could be serviced. But no explanation just hung up when I asked him why couldn't they service it.

My opinion was I was being sold a new boiler that wasn't needed.

Boilers are expensive ring around for the best service.

What plumber did you use?
    Need a decent one, too many cowboys around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 FanLarkin12

I would recommend Dom young on the kells road, put in heating in a house for me fifteen years ago boiler was serviced when it should there was tenants in the house, gladly since Christmas we have moved back into the house .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

RD plumbing in castlecomer did a lot (balanced rads, fitted vanity units, replaced a few bits on the heating system internally, installed a stove) of our plumbing work when we bought a house. Initially got Dom Young to service the boiler, straight forward job, but when we wanted him back to balance the radiators he didn’t want to know about it, kept putting it off, assuming it was because it’s wasnt as handy as a boiler service. Found RD to be very professional to deal with and tidied up after themselves. I’ve no affiliation with RD whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I have used RD plumbing myself and found them to be very good. From dealing with the girls not the phone to Stephen who called out, could not fault them and have since recommended them to others who have been happy with the work carried out.

Advertisement