Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three telling me to contact bank for refund

Options
  • 09-12-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

Spent an hour on the phone with Three trying to troubleshoot why I can't pay for goods on the Google Play Store with my phone credit.

I tried everything they asked and it didn't work. They werent able to help me, so I asked if I could have my credit refunded so I could buy the credit myself.

The guy said he wouldn't be able to refund me but if I contacted my bank I could be refunded and the amount would be deducted from my Three account.

It all sounds a little sketchy to me. I don't want to end up on some blacklist for chargeback fraud. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate way of resolving issues like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would really, really, really doubt that'd work as they claim. Sounds like they wanted you off the phone basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Borderline fraud I would think doing a charge back - not like they are not giving you the service, upto Three to sort it out or give you the money back

Advertisement