Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sub €250 monitor recommendation-for work & photo editing

Options
  • 09-12-2019 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to buy a monitor for work (mainly text) & some photo editing. With a budget of sub €250 what would you recommend please?

AOC Q3279VWFD8 stands out atm- 32″ 1440p IPS display, good colours.

I'm happy to wait until the after Xmas sales if there's better deals then (I know I missed Black Friday but sure, aren't there always sales...)

Thanks
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I ordered one of these. By far the best panel you can get for the money. 27", IPS, 95hz, freesync/g-sync, wide colour gamut, 125% SRGB and 95% DCI-P3.

You need to use parcel motel to get it though and it needs calibration out of the box.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TXHBWMK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a rebrand of this monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Any thoughts on this please?

Would it be worth paying slightly more (up to €200 max) for something else?

Screen size I'm not sure on so open to best deals for different sizes.

Thanks,
    Patrick.

Hi again all,

Any recommendations please for sub €250? I suffer for anaylsispralysis so any help would be great.

- BenQ-GL2780 is recommended in ExpertReview.co.uk

- In this thread a 24" version of this Aoc 27G2U/BK

- Dell have a S2719H (Ships in 21–23 business days but may be able to get elsewhere at similar price)

any of these stand or anything else?
    Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mcguinj

Hi dinneenp, the first monitor you mentioned at start of thread - AOC Q3279VWFD8 - is what I just got last week for working from home and I'm very happy with it. I had concerns about the big screen size initially, however adapted to it very quickly. I much prefer it to the 28" 4k screen I use at work as I don't feel the need to alter text size at all at 32" 1440p - it feels just right (and two browser windows side by side works great). Added bonus is the freesync and quality of the panel in general so a good option for multimedia or gaming when not working. I'm afraid I can't comment on photo editing with my use case however I do find the colour a lot better than my previous TN panel. All the best with your decision

mcguinj wrote: »
    Hi dinneenp, the first monitor you mentioned at start of thread - AOC Q3279VWFD8 - is what I just got last week for working from home and I'm very happy with it. I had concerns about the big screen size initially, however adapted to it very quickly. I much prefer it to the 28" 4k screen I use at work as I don't feel the need to alter text size at all at 32" 1440p - it feels just right (and two browser windows side by side works great). Added bonus is the freesync and quality of the panel in general so a good option for multimedia or gaming when not working. I'm afraid I can't comment on photo editing with my use case however I do find the colour a lot better than my previous TN panel. All the best with your decision

How far back from the screen are you sitting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mcguinj

approx 80cm

Hi,
    In the end I went above budget & ordered an Asus BE 27AQLB

27" height adjustable, 2560 x 1440 resolution, will arrive by middle of the week at the latest.

Advertisement