Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage savers account

Options
  • 09-12-2019 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi,

I have two hopefully easy questions.
    1) is there any negatives in my girlfriend and I having two separate mortgage savers accounts but will apply for a joint mortgage? Should we have a joint account or is it ok to have two?
    2) can other people deposit/transfer funds into my account?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.

There would be a number of aspects and considerations when opening a mortgage saver account so in this instance it would be best to link with our Deposits Team on 0818 200 347. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to discuss this further with you.

In relation to lodging in to the account, you can certainly lodge funds with your photo ID at any of our cash service branches. I have attached a link here to our branch locator, this may help you in finding a branch most convenient to you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.

There would be a number of aspects and considerations when opening a mortgage saver account so in this instance it would be best to link with our Deposits Team on 0818 200 347. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to discuss this further with you.

In relation to lodging in to the account, you can certainly lodge funds with your photo ID at any of our cash service branches. I have attached a link here to our branch locator, this may help you in finding a branch most convenient to you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling
    Hi Aisling,

Thanks for the quick response. With regards to my first question, I will call the Deposits team and discuss with them.

On the second question, I meant if others could desposit into my account ie my mother/father can transfer funds from their account into my mortgage savers account.

Thanks,

Marcos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back to us here.

I apologise, I should have made that clearer in my previous post.

It would only be possible for an account holder to make a lodgement in to a Mortgage Saver account. This would need to be done at the counter at one of our cash service branches with photo ID.

Thanks, Aisling.

Advertisement