Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Word -Drop List -Multiple Choice?

Options
  • 09-12-2019 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

I'm trying to insert a drop list in a Word Template which allows user to select and insert more than one choice of Word or Phrase. I figured out how to show Developer Button and insert a drop list, but only one option can be chosen. Combo box the same.
    Spent good while online researching, found some info about writing code for what I need, but I have no expertise in that area.
    It has to be available in Word for my colleagues, some of whom have limited tech know how.
    Is there a widget I could insert, or an alternative programme which is easily word compatible. I researched doing same on Google Docs- doesnt seem possible, or at least straightforward.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,610 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Is this what you're looking for:

a8ADZPX.png

You'll need to activate the 'Developer' tab on the ribbon (File |Options | Customise ribbon) and then from the 'Controls' section of that tab choose either a 'Combo box content control' or 'Dropdown list content control'.

To add items to the inserted control, click the 'Properties' icon as displayed in above image and then the 'Add' button as per above.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Is this what you're looking for:

a8ADZPX.png

You'll need to activate the 'Developer' tab on the ribbon (File |Options | Customise ribbon) and then from the 'Controls' section of that tab choose either a 'Combo box content control' or 'Dropdown list content control'.

To add items to the inserted control, click the 'Properties' icon as displayed in above image and then the 'Add' button as per above.

Thanks. Got that far. Problem is with combo box or drop down list the user may choose only one of the options. I need them to be able to choose some or all...which isn't possible with this method afaik...

Advertisement