Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were Dublin CC right to remove coats donated to the homeless from Ha'peny Bridge?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Boggles wrote: »
    Did you not get the circular?

In the past month or so we found out.

Maria Bailey
    Alan Farrell
    Dara Murphy

Maria Bailey? How long are your months? 7 months ago that crap started. It's the new Garlic man at this stage its trotted out that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The Hapeny bridge is a monument. It's the emblem of Dublin. Leaving the coats was defacing the bridge. This is what happens when someone with little knowledge has good intentions. There is no shortage of warm clothing for homeless people in Dublin City. Charities tour the city every night of the year including Christmas and they distribute warm clothes and sleeping bags.

I'm 100 percent behind the good intentions but it was totally the wrong thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I totally agree that this was a foolish idea, no-one wants a soaking wet coat.

Catriona from Penny Dinners was on radio today as well asking people not to drop in their rubbish to her.

There were bags with dirty underwear and USED sanitary towels in them! Scumbags.

I also hate the term virtue signallers but in this case it's definitely apt.

I don't like that his thread has turned into another "we don't have a problem with homelessness" thread because we definitely do and it's very simple.

The county councils stopped building during the recession and never started again. Somewhere along the way the government decided to rely on the private rental market to solve the problem of people who will never be able to afford to buy their own house. This policy has completely failed.

I have previously volunteered with Focus and I currently still donate by DD to them because they have proof that 85% of their money goes directly to services and I believe it because we had a launch when the shop opened and we only used drink and food that was donated, none was bought from funds belonged to the charity. Never was a penny wasted.

People can be very cynical at times, but believe me when I say this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Maria Bailey? How long are your months? 7 months ago that crap started. It's the new Garlic man at this stage its trotted out that much.

October good enough for you?

Fine Gael TDs Maria Bailey and Alan Farrell had to refund Oireachtas expenses

Advertisement