If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tv

Options
  • 10-12-2019 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Morning there,
    Had my tv and humax freesat box fried by lightning strike during the storm (as well as xbox and trampoline) and now looking for replacement.
    Have you got anything on offer, either with freesat built in or separate box ? Preferable from 49" and up ... was not part of the Christmas budget so wondering what my options are ? Open to ex display or open boxes ...
    Will have to be delivered to west cork.
    Thank you very much.
    Jaap

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

jaapbond wrote: »
    Morning there,
    Had my tv and humax freesat box fried by lightning strike during the storm (as well as xbox and trampoline) and now looking for replacement.
    Have you got anything on offer, either with freesat built in or separate box ? Preferable from 49" and up ... was not part of the Christmas budget so wondering what my options are ? Open to ex display or open boxes ...
    Will have to be delivered to west cork.
    Thank you very much.
    Jaap
    Hi Jaap,

That's rough!

If you're looking for a good replacement for the TV I would recommend one of the LG TVs which have great panels, great smart hubs and Saorview/Freesat built in.

I would start off looking at the 49UM7400 at £359:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204085-lg-49um7400plb-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

If you're looking for better picture quality the LG 49SM8600 has one of the best LED panels before going to OLED. It's currently £699 but uses a micro dimming nano crystal display, a voice controlled smart hub with magic remote and has Saorview/Freesat:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204040-lg-49sm8600pla-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jaapbond

Thank you fire coming back to me so quick ... I see the first one you mention also comes in 55". Does that one have freesat as well ? How much would that one cost delivered to west cork, and how long would it take ?
    Getting a lot of hassle here from three unruly teenagers !
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

jaapbond wrote: »
    Thank you fire coming back to me so quick ... I see the first one you mention also comes in 55". Does that one have freesat as well ? How much would that one cost delivered to west cork, and how long would it take ?
    Getting a lot of hassle here from three unruly teenagers !
    Thanks
    Hi jaapbond,

The 55" version is £399 and is available to order for shipping to Cork via the link below:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204086-lg-55um7400plb-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

It does have Freesat and delivery usually takes 3-5 working days!

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.