Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The term "New Irish"

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I just did a search also - that term delivered over 150,000 results across the site

I don't think your choice representing 0.01% of the "population" is necessarily indicative of the wider understanding of the term

Of course I accept I may be wrong, but equally believe you may be wrong

In the context of the post you openly complained about in-thread I could see no evidence of the intent you claim

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Beasty wrote: »
    I just did a search also - that term delivered over 150,000 results across the site

Now limit it to Current Affairs where the majority of racism is flourishing. It is unfortunate the search system for the site is not better but c'set la vie.

Beasty wrote: »
    In the context of the post you openly complained about in-thread I could see no evidence of the intent you claim

That's just wilful ignorance. The post is specifically referencing a video of black teenagers. There's nothing in the video to suggest they do not have deep roots in Ireland or that they are even Irish. The "new Irish" term refers solely to their colour because in that posters mind, black people can't be regular Irish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement