Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cpu isnt flush on new build

Options
  • 10-12-2019 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Trying to put my build together today but while trying to put the ryzen 5 3600 in, it doesn't feel flush as it still moves when I put it in. The arrows are matched up also. I don't want to force it in for obvious reasons

Quick video:
    https://youtu.be/7k7WUoSQsAc

Any ideas ?

Comments

Take it out gently and extend the bar fully back not upright and try again. Make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and still the same. I then had a close look at the pins and it looks like one of them is a tiny bit bent, I can't see how I did that unless it came like that.

Is there anything I can do or is that the CPU gone? Overclockers would probably say I did it while installing it

https://ibb.co/QdXTJxh

QdXTJxh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just bend the pin back into place gently and you will be grand.

Would is be ok to touch the pins with a tweezers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

darego wrote: »
    Would is be ok to touch the pins with a tweezers?

I personally wouldnt use a metal tweezers, maybe ceramic alright. You could also coat the tweezers with some kitchen paper so its not metal to metal.

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot man. I straightened it, fingers crossed it works ok

darego wrote: »
    Thanks a lot man. I straightened it, fingers crossed it works ok

Should work, my old AMD Duron 750 done that, a full row of pins bent. Bent them back gently and all was well with the world :)

Kimbot wrote: »
    Should work, my old AMD Duron 750 done that, a full row of pins bent. Bent them back gently and all was well with the world :)

got worried for a minute when i first seen the bent pins :pac: stress tested it etc. and all is good

thanks again

Advertisement