Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardboard and packaging disposal

Options
  • 10-12-2019 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭

I have a huge pile of large pieces of cardboard and styrofoam left over from appliances and furniture. It would take months to dispose of it in my bin collection, is there somewhere I can bring it in a few trips in bulk to dispose of and / or recycle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

mp3guy wrote: »
    I have a huge pile of large pieces of cardboard and styrofoam left over from appliances and furniture. It would take months to dispose of it in my bin collection, is there somewhere I can bring it in a few trips in bulk to dispose of and / or recycle?

Civic amenity site (recycling centre) will take cardboard - limited number take styrofoam, ballyogan in dunlin if you thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Civic amenity take styrofoam, too.

chickey wrote: »
    Civic amenity site (recycling centre) will take cardboard - limited number take styrofoam, kinsale road civic amenity site takes it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

That's great, how small do the pieces need to be? They'll be small enough to fit in my car but not small enough to fit in a wheelie bin.

mp3guy wrote: »
    That's great, how small do the pieces need to be? They'll be small enough to fit in my car but not small enough to fit in a wheelie bin.

should be ok there is a big long skip type thing with good openings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

I've gotten the delivery guys to take the packaging away when I bought mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I've gotten the delivery guys to take the packaging away when I bought mine.

I've that option for some stuff but the rest is from the likes of Amazon and other places that don't assemble stuff.

Advertisement