Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The quadruple is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Has anyone noticed that the jerseys aren't repeats but are individual prints of the marble print.

Pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Delighted! We just love playing at Wembley! Well done Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Winning it aside

90 minutes is what was important. With a good few second string players good to see the way Arteta wants to play is understood and replicated throughout the squad.

Another good performance against a full strength top side, an winning is a habit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Surely we can't be looking to sell AMN? Need Aubas contract to be announced already too! Good win today, scrappy goal for them but we're to blame for sitting back and trying to do it 1-0 in the second half. Anyway delighted to beat the Pool again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

the camera turning to Liverpool turning their back on the lifting of the trophy and walking for the dressing rooms is pure perfection.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the jerseys aren't repeats but are individual prints of the marble print.

Pretty cool

Printed on the one cloth i believe.

the camera turning to Liverpool turning their back on the lifting of the trophy and walking for the dressing rooms is pure perfection.

To be fair they stood there and applauded right until we lifted the shield. Could you imagine a Fergie or a Jose team doing that...

• Advertisement

To be fair they stood there and applauded right until we lifted the shield. Could you imagine a Fergie or a Jose team doing that...

I admire Liverpool as a football club greatly and im a big fan of Klopp, but some of their irish fans certainly in my parish im delighted for them :)

Arteta still unbeaten against them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Really really enjoyed that. People say it was a nothing game but it builds confidence. Delighted!

Surely we can't be looking to sell AMN? Need Aubas contract to be announced already too! Good win today, scrappy goal for them but we're to blame for sitting back and trying to do it 1-0 in the second half. Anyway delighted to beat the Pool again!

Im not sure id sell any of those players the way they are playing. Holding was quite good again today as was David Luiz. Elneny though......christ

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Really really enjoyed that. People say it was a nothing game but it builds confidence. Delighted!

Certainly in terms of where Arsenal are, that win will do them the power of good. Winning becomes a habit as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

"We know the market is difficult at the minute. I am happy with the squad I have, my job is to make them better" Arteta has changed his tone. Forget about the FA cup and this mickey mouse trophy, if we go into next season with Elneny anywhere near the team in place of Ceballos, we will be finishing outside the top 6 again

Fair play to the lads today anyway. Great for the confidence if nothing else

Who knows, maybe Messi would prefer to play under Arteta? :D

Nice to get a win like that, against a team like that, under our belts.

• Advertisement

Who knows, maybe Messi would prefer to play under Arteta? :D

Nice to get a win like that, against a team like that, under our belts.

Ozil - Barca
    Messi - Arsenal

Yeah I'd take that.

Ozil - Barca
    Messi - Arsenal

Yeah I'd take that.

Sounds fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dream on men!

Don’t care much for the trophy itself but it’s nice to beat the pool regardless of the competition. We don’t tend to lose many at Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Hehehe

darego wrote: »
    "We know the market is difficult at the minute. I am happy with the squad I have, my job is to make them better" Arteta has changed his tone. Forget about the FA cup and this mickey mouse trophy, if we go into next season with Elneny anywhere near the team in place of Ceballos, we will be finishing outside the top 6 again

Fair play to the lads today anyway. Great for the confidence if nothing else

I really hope that’s not Arteta’s way of saying there’ll be no more signings.
    That would be a kick in the balls.
    Elneny was good today but he’s not even made the squad last season.

• Advertisement

He was on loan last year.

Read nothing into what Arteta said he’s answered that question 10 times this week, he’ll sign some players

AMN called into the England squad.

AMN called into the England squad.

Yep if he’s being sold that’ll add to the cost...

I think there will be one more signing after Gabriel and that will be that.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Wasn’t he at besiktas last season ?

And played well for them too from what ive read. Besiktas keen to keep him

I think there will be one more signing after Gabriel and that will be that.

Hopefully it’s a good midfielder.
    That done and I’d be fairly happy with the squad especially if we held on to Cebellos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

That done and I’d be fairly happy with the squad especially if we held on to Cebellos.

Alot of talk that Ceballos wants to play for Betis

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Alot of talk that Ceballos wants to play for Betis

Hope not. I thought he played well last season and got better the more it went on when Arteta arrived. He linked up our play very well.

Not our business but does anyone think that getting Matt Doherty at 15 million was a steal for Spurs? Seems very cheap for a very steady player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The somewhat interesting thing about our players is that, for some of them, we actually don't know what they're like anymore. We spent so long playing an absolutely crazy system under Emery that'd make Messi look like ****e, I actually think some of the players that we're all convinced are ultra-terrible were just suffering from some really questionable management.

I mean, I guess Xhaka is probably the prime example of this. There was a time when he was number 1 out the door for me. I felt sorry for him, but yeah, he was first on the list to go. Now though? I'm ok with him staying, there's a good few names on the list before him.

Definitely some total deadwood to be cleared out though.

• Advertisement

Thomas Partey is probably in that Kante/Essien box to box mould. Arteta seems to place huge emphasis on transition, thus he wants players who can collect the ball and run with it.

Ive heard of Aouar being mentioned also from Lyon (The oooh-arr and Aouar-ya chants will be too good to miss there :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Not our business but does anyone think that getting Matt Doherty at 15 million was a steal for Spurs? Seems very cheap for a very steady player.

For sure, especially when you see Chillwell going for 50 million or whatever

I think he's an absolute bargain at that money. He'll win feck all with that crowd though. Mourinho's tactics has been copped a long time ago. To lose to them a few weeks back was absolutely galling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I think he's an absolute bargain at that money. He'll win feck all with that crowd though. Mourinho's tactics has been copped a long time ago. To lose to them a few weeks back was absolutely galling

Was looking at a wolves page and they were going mad that they only got that price and chilwell went for 50m!
    And I think bohs got 1.5m from the sale aswell

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Was looking at a wolves page and they were going mad that they only got that price and chilwell went for 50m!
    And I think bohs got 1.5m from the sale aswell

An absolute steal. Doherty is at least worth 30m. It seems international football adds alot to value of players but sure then id say Aubameyang has never even played in an ANC and he'd go for a few bob even at 32... (Correct me if im wrong on that one?)

emmetlego wrote: »

:D Just need to bring back Agent Tim as their manager now once Mourinho inevitably gets the boot.

Regardless of the importance of the trophies we've won, I have to say I was 100% completely wrong on underestimating their value. Arteta's Arsenal has needed to win these trophies. In the past, under the latter days of the Wenger regime, yes it would have been perhaps proved a false dawn....but there is something different about what we are currently in. There is a real bounce about the club at the moment and the man at the wheel of the ship has pointed forward in full confidence that the land of riches lies ahead.

I got the sense looking at Klopp processing everything after the game today that he feels that there is possibly a new Sheriff heading for town and that Liverpool will have to be on their toes. I can imagine that Pep, fresh off the back of the Champions league disappointment is looking over his shoulder too. it will take time and personnel, but we are beginning to head in the right direction and picking up speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Obviously Arteta is doing an amazing job, but jesus, if we don't give Auba whatever he wants, we're just a bunch of f*ckin eejits.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Obviously Arteta is doing an amazing job, but jesus, if we don't give Auba whatever he wants, we're just a bunch of f*ckin eejits.

While initially skeptical, the man seems to be as content at Arsenal as Bergkamp was. He doesnt want to leave, and no one wants him to leave. He'll sign and see out the rest of his playing days as a Gooner hopefully.

There’s a possibility that Bergkamp is on the way back as assistant manager too.
    That excites me.
    Players will want to come to Arsenal and play undef both I feel.
    Things are certainly looking bright.
    The Kronkes need to step up now and give them the money to get the players we need.
    Exciting times ahead if those things happen.

There’s a possibility that Bergkamp is on the way back .

This would make my world, when I play championship manager I always sign him as my assistant 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

There’s a possibility that Bergkamp is on the way back as assistant manager too.
    That excites me.
    Players will want to come to Arsenal and play undef both I feel.
    Things are certainly looking bright.
    The Kronkes need to step up now and give them the money to get the players we need.
    Exciting times ahead if those things happen.

Snap out of it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

We have beaten Man city,Chelsea and Liverpool twice in the last 45 days-how often can we say that over the years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Wolves have pulled out of the chase for AMN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Basil3 wrote: »

Saw that earlier, funny in fairness. Why weren’t Arsenal in for him if he’s a Gooner? Cheaper than Saliba & Gabriel

Edit: He’s a right back? I thought he was central for some reason! I still think we could do with cover there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'm hearing a connection with Yaya, I presume a backroom role

I'm hearing a connection with Yaya, I presume a backroom role

Sanogo?

Basil3 wrote: »

Who runs Spurs social media accounts, they're absolutely cringy as ****. Not to mention they post this 4 weeks after we win the FA cup and one day after the Charity Shield... I mean, absolutely embarrassing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement