Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Seen people on Twitter ( I know :rolleyes:) saying that he’s worse than Mustaf.

I don’t believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Like all signings lets give the lad a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Martinelli came from the Brazilian 4th division and look at him.

Think we need to have some faith in the club and scouts at the moment, they've earned it after that siginig to be fair.

I'm only a massive believer in a player can look great in one system and ****e in another and vice versa...

I would rather a team of unknowns that play the way arteta wants than a team of super stars all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Arsenal signing Pablo Mardini :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well at least I can spell Pablo Mari.
    Hope it’s not the only positive in this signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭djan

Seems a solid signing, only thing I'm concerned about is his relative lack of pace given the system we play but surely he can't be worse than Mustafi!

Really looking forward to see Saliba next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Arsenal signing Pablo Mardini :)

Interesting one, Spanish player who was on loan to man City in 2016 but never played, coming from a Brazilian club.

If hope that means both Arteta and Edu have done their homework

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Interesting one, Spanish player who was on loan to man City in 2016 but never played, coming from a Brazilian club.

If hope that means both Arteta and Edu have done their homework

Arteta would have known him at City

greendom wrote: »
    Arteta would have known him at City

Just looking he was actually signed by City in 2016, I thought they had him on loan. He was a City player from 2016 to 2019 but out on loan the whole time until they sold him to Flamenco in 2019, so yeh Arteta would have known him but very odd he didn't get a single game for them.

• Advertisement

The problem is that he’s still unproven.
    I’d have preferred a proven defender.
    He could turn out to be a great signing but at the moment it’s another gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Watching the clips of him he doesn't look the most mobile lad. But will judge him on his performances I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Reportedly he’s signing on an initial loan, with an option to buy. So it’s a relatively risk free signing. An extra body and competition is obviously a good thing. So like all signings here’s hoping he does well.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    any signing is a gamble, look at sanchez to united :D

Worth the risk as he’s only a loan.
    Hope he turns out to be better than Van Djik.

It's not like he's from non League. His team won the Copa Libertadores in South America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Kinda would have liked to see the young Greek guy given a chance. Not too fussed on this guy, he looks so slow from the YouTube clip I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Bbc sport reporting arsenal are offering martinelli a new deal to treble his wages to 30k a week to put Real Madrid off
    Seems bizarre to think that 30k would put them off if they wanted him, slow news day maybe

martinelli is on 10k a week? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Kinda would have liked to see the young Greek guy given a chance. Not too fussed on this guy, he looks so slow from the YouTube clip I've seen

Only thing that gives me hope about this transfer, is that Mikel knows him from his city days and that Edu hasn't let us down with our Brazilian import so far!

darego wrote: »
    martinelli is on 10k a week? :pac:

I wouldn’t get out of bed for it.

• Advertisement

Reportedly he’s signing on an initial loan, with an option to buy. So it’s a relatively risk free signing. An extra body and competition is obviously a good thing. So like all signings here’s hoping he does well.

Rodolfo Landim the Flamenco president has apparently been quoted as saying is a permanent deal

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Was Gabi not a Sven import? Here pre Edu?

That sentence reads like Latin.

Watched a few clips of Mari and i will be amazed if he survives. This is backup level vibes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Still has his best days ahead of him and was part of a Champions League winning team. It’s a small fee and in an area where we badly need additions. It’s hardly a gamble. I’m very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

As far as I remember edu accepted the job at Arsenal on the condition gabi was signed too

Seems to be the case https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/21/edu-set-become-arsenals-technical-director-gabriel-martinelli-lined-first-summer-signing-9279604/

As far as I remember edu accepted the job at Arsenal on the condition gabi was signed too

Correct, it was one of the assurances he sought before he signed. He said that Martinelli was the best young talent he'd seen in many years.

Edu first met Martinelli in 2010 it was Edu's last year playing at Corinthians and Martinelli joined as a 9 year old youth. From what I hear, Edu has been in close contact with Gabriel and his family ever since in a mentor role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Liverpool have gone with a fairly young cup team today at Shrewsbury. Be interesting to see which team Arteta sends out against Bournemouth tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Jaysus, every ****ing signing is a gamble. **** me, can you imagine the ****ing moaning if we had signed Wijnaldum and Robertson from 2 relegated clubs , it would be a mutiny , ‘they are not good enough ****ing etc ****ing etc etc

Jaysus, every ****ing signing is a gamble. **** me, can you imagine the ****ing moaning if we had signed Wijnaldum and Robertson from 2 relegated clubs , it would be a mutiny , ‘they are not good enough ****ing etc ****ing etc etc

Youd love a star signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Needs more ****

Arghus wrote: »
    Needs more ****

**** **** ARSE **** PISS!

WENGER OUT!

• Advertisement

Mari deal looks off

He's apparently returned to Brazil with a Flamenco director quoted as saying they had agreed to sell but Arsenal changed the terms, Flamenco is a serious club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Arsenal struggle to close a transfer shocker!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Mari deal looks off

He's apparently returned to Brazil with a Flamenco director quoted as saying they had agreed to sell but Arsenal changed the terms, Flamenco is a serious club.

Didn't see that quote about Arsenal changing the terms, surely he was always going to go back to Brazil to tie things up. Still feel it will get done.

But it's great to see all the Twitter Muppets who were crying because it was a underwhelming signing, now crying because it might not happen :)

Maybe he wasn't fit enough?

Says the supporter of a team that signed someone with a broken back for a 1/2 season long loan!

Mari deal looks off

Still a few days to close the deal. Pretty sure it will still happen

**** signing seems to be ******* off.
    Not ******* likely **** now.
    We’ll ******* end up with ******** Mustafi still in the ******** defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

From what I read they want a permanent deal where as we want to loan to buy arrangement , just buy him , Arteta wants him get it bloody done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Team to face Bournemouth: Martinez, Bellerin, Mustafi, Sokratis, Saka, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Pepe, Willock, Martinelli, Nketiah.

Subs: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Holding, Torreira, Ceballos, Ozil, Lacazette.

Thought Ceballos would have started

Back to the South coast if we win tonight. Away to Portsmouth in round 5

• Advertisement

Cracking goal

Great goal. Some hit by Saka.

Cracker!!! fine goal from a fine prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Was gonna study but decided to procrastinate and watch this instead. Already happy with my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

For the third time this year, Bournemouth easily the worst team we've played.

Think they have to pull the trigger on Eddie Howe sooner rather than later.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lovely stuff.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lovely stuff.

Really is. Lovely flowing goal, made it look so easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Alright, this is nice.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How the hell did it take that long to decide he wasn't offside ffs.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How the hell did it take that long to decide he wasn't offside ffs.

Because his knee was only an inch or two behind the defender's foot, as crazy as it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement