Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I like Cedric, think he's a solid player, I hope Mari does well too but he reminds me too much of Senderos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

OmegaGene wrote: »
    finding a player that doesnt make mistakes is impossible, they are only human

Yes but some make less mistakes than others. That’s what makes them successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Goal and an assist for Smith Rowe for Huddersfield.

They were 3 down and are back to 3-2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Chance tomorrow to claw back points on utd and Chelsea, can go 8 pts from 4th with a win. It might still be out of reach but if we put a run together you never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Good day for us Chelsea, Wolves and United dropping points need to win tomorrow now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Good day for us Chelsea, Wolves and United dropping points need to win tomorrow now

Sigh.

Interesting lineup.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1223954202663231490?s=19

Have seen multiple incorrect lineups posted on Twitter, even after arsenal had tweeted the team themselves. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Burnley look there for the taking.

Both teams look pretty **** to be fair.

Aubameyang had to do better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

That should have been played on and checked looked onside.

They are fcukin useless with Var

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Says a lot that the whole Burnley team stood still for about 5 seconds waiting on a free when they coulda broke away there easily.

Auba having a stinker miles off the pace. Offers little unless he’s played top central

Lacazette offering jack shít today

With all these set pieces they’re bound to nick one eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Pure ****. They need a rocket up their arses at half time.

I'd whip Laca for Pepe at half time and put Auba up top and Martinelli back out on the left.

I hate Auba on the left, he needs to be as close to the goal as possible and Laca has done nothing so far.

Burnley starting to have a lot more threat now, mainly just lumping it into the box but still we're pretty ineffective

We’re making Jeff Hendrick look like Wesley Sneijder here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Feels like we’re playing against 12 today. That offside call was shocking (Laca probably would’ve missed it based on the form he’s in) but doesn’t excuse them not using VAR as intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Was Ozil booked for walking away from the referee when he was talking to him? Reckon we'll nick it in the second half. Get Pepe on for Laca. COYG

Poor first half. Struggling to deal with the physicality and press. Ozil stomping around like a 5 year old.

Defence have done well but we are having to deal with too many set pieces which a blind man can see we’ll pay for.

Auba needs to be up top, I like Laca but him not in form and putting Auba out wide kills us. Pepe on for Laca and Auba up top

Gendouizi struggling big time on the ball under pressure, letting that Hendricks cross in from the corner was shocking barely an effort made. T should be on for him ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Yep, Pepe for Lacca would be my call, his form has been quite poor lately. We started well enough but Lacca and Auba missing the good chances gave Burnley hope and drive

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Laca clearly onside - human error, why wasn't VAR used? **** me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Second to everything now. I don't know why we try to play it out from the back, we don't have the players.

Burnley making this hard for us. They’re gonna target Xhaka at left back, him and Auba makes us very weak on that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

we've only played the first 20mins of this game. utter dross so far

Lacazette is absolute poison out there today the 2 weeks off will do him good i think

• Advertisement

Lacazette is absolute poison out there today the 2 weeks off will do him good i think

He’s been muck all season and he’s been getting a lot of minutes

We are afraid to shoot last two chances and we are taking 2-3 touches to many when the shot was on

We make Burnley look like a good team. Time for Arteta to show us what he can do here, he expected this could happen but no obvious sign of a change

Gendouizi cannot be involved in the play from the back he’s useless at it and no sense ever of what’s around him

Very poor performance today. Some players not looking interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Laca is putting 2 of our best players out of position and offering us nothing in return, ridiculous. Laca needs to be dropped with Auba back up top on his own and Martinelli on the left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

*Burnley player cleans Arsenal player out in a 50/50 tackle*

Co commentator: "Burnley player did nothing wrong there, I don't know why Arsenal are complaining"

*Mustafi brushes against Burnley defender at set piece*

Co commentator: "That's a foul for me"

NDWC wrote: »
    *Burnley player cleans Arsenal player out in a 50/50 tackle*

Co commentator: "Burnley player did nothing wrong there, I don't know why Arsenal are complaining"

*Mustafi brushes against Burnley defender at set piece*

Co commentator: "That's a foul for me"

Commentators and referees give us nothing ..... ever.

Commentators and referees give us nothing ..... ever.

Sure Arsenal are just a team of cheating foreigners, everyone knows this :rolleyes:

We’re absolutely useless under the high ball. Our players can’t jump.

Buster is loving his walk.

Because fück this.

What the **** is the point bringing on a sub with 2 minutes left.

Pepe must be injured. Nkethia on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

This winter break in warm Dubai will do the boys the world of good. Then a strong finish to the season. A point at Burnley is still a good result. Onwards now!

We couldn’t buy a league win. A midfield of Xhaka Guendouzi and Ozil is too soft to bring to Burnley. Think we’re out of left backs now as well.

Burnley being level on points with us shows how poor we've been this season.

And they should've won that game.

Big job for Arteta to get us back in top 4 contention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Jesus Christ guendouzi absolutely done my head in during that game, taking 20 touches on the middle of the park holding his hands out like he's no options, constantly destroyed any forward momentum.

Lacazette needs dropping now and özil along with him, should have been martinelli left, Auba centre and Pepe right at half time.

Thank **** for winter break and a rest from that ****e:)

We've performed worse at Burnley before and robbed them in the last minute a few times , a point will do and the players who to be fair have had to adapt to a much more physical game under Arteta mid season which isn't easy , so let them off to have there break and hopefully they'll be firing when they come back

It's very easy to get frustrated with games like this , I was but look we didn't lose it's not going to get better overnight

****e game, deserved to lose again.

We are as bad offensively at the moment as I've ever seen us. Laca/Ozil shouldnt start for us. I've seen very little from Arteta to get excited, how he left Laca on so long is just negligence and why give Eddie only 2 minutes.

Can't help but think that Wenger would have this team in 4th place ahead of Chelsea. As it is 6 wins in 25, worst in 107 years, 13 draws!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

As soon as I see Guendhouzi starting I knew we wouldn't win. He really is shįt. Runs around all day but doesn't when given the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Squawka Football
    @Squawka
    Alexandre Lacazette's last Premier League goal away from home: 9th February 2019

Mesut Özil's last Premier League assist away from home: 30th January 2018

We've performed worse at Burnley before and robbed them in the last minute a few times , a point will do and the players who to be fair have had to adapt to a much more physical game under Arteta mid season which isn't easy , so let them off to have there break and hopefully they'll be firing when they come back

It's very easy to get frustrated with games like this , I was but look we didn't lose it's not going to get better overnight

Was about to post the same but don’t news to now!!

We’ve had a lot worse away games. It’s clear Arteta is working on us and he’s sorting us from the back out, which is what we all asked for

I wouldn’t have played Guendousi or Ozil today away at Burnley.
    They are far too frail and windy. Laca is gone to Shyte too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I wouldn’t have played Guendousi or Ozil today away at Burnley.
    They are far too frail and windy. Laca is gone to Shyte too.

This is it in a nutshell for me, we were overpowered by mature men against Guendouzi and a frail Ozil.

Thought Willock did better when he came on for Ozil. Why did he persist with Laca?

To be fair, I think we’ve all seen a steadying of the ship defensively, even Mustafi was solid today, but when your players up top are not linking well, that takes a bit more work. Agree with the comments that it should have been Auba up top flanked by Martinelli and Pepe.

emmetlego wrote: »
    This is it in a nutshell for me, we were overpowered by mature men against Guendouzi and a frail Ozil.

Thought Willock did better when he came on for Ozil. Why did he persist with Laca?

To be fair, I think we’ve all seen a steadying of the ship defensively, even Mustafi was solid today, but when your players up top are not linking well, that takes a bit more work. Agree with the comments that it should have been Auba up top flanked by Martinelli and Pepe.

I don’t believe our defence is very good though.
    Burnley missed a few sitters in the second half because we couldn’t defend against the high ball into our area.

• Advertisement

13 draws this season, we're well on course to beat the record of 18 and that was in a 42 league season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement