Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

DenMan wrote: »
    Madrid have told Arsenal they want €50m (£44m) for Ceballos. I can't see Arsenal agreeing to that but you'll never know.

Nah, for that kind of money you'd have to expect there'll be better value for money out there when all this stuff settles down. Wouldnt be surprised to see transfer fees take a dip in fact.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Madrid have told Arsenal they want €50m (£44m) for Ceballos. I can't see Arsenal agreeing to that but you'll never know.

I wouldn't be going any higher than €25m/€30m for Ceballos, as mentioned already you'd expect at bit more from a €50m player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Reading across instagram last night that Auba's family have been pushing for him to stay with Arsenal & to sign a new contract, no idea if this is BS or not but I have read previously that his Father has had a huge influence on his transfers/contracts previously. So fingers crossed theres some truth to this. Though being social media I'd not be putting much faith in it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I remember reading that his family travel everywhere with him like an entourage, close family, some cousins etc and he pays for their lifestyle, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they wanted to stay in London

wonga77 wrote: »
    I remember reading that his family travel everywhere with him like an entourage, close family, some cousins etc and he pays for their lifestyle, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they wanted to stay in London

Like Chelsea? :pac:

Didnt realise Chelsea were in the mix, I had seen Man Utd mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Of he does leave I don't think it'll be to another English club, going by the clothes he wears I think Milan would be the best bet :)

But I honestly think he'll stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Anyone still stuck at home,missing football and as fellow gooners missing winning trophies...
    Documentary put up on Arsenals youtube about DB10 Dennis the legend.

some useless trivia about the great man that most of you already probably know:
    Hes called Dennis after Denis Law but his father thought the name Denis spelt with only one N looked too much like a girls name for his father so they added the second N...Anyway hope you enjoy it as much as i did:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Anyone still stuck at home,missing football and as fellow gooners missing winning trophies...

Hes called Dennis after Denis Law but his father thought the name Denis spelt with only one N looked too much like a girls name for his father so they added the second N...Anyway hope you enjoy it as much as i did:)

If you are missing football Sunderland Till I die on Netflix is well worth a watch as well. The all to common pain and occasional glimpses of joy of being a supporter comes across so well. I watched both seasons in less than a week. Highly recommended although Arsenal don't feature at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

greendom wrote: »
    If you are missing football Sunderland Till I die on Netflix is well worth a watch as well. The all to common pain and occasional glimpses of joy of being a supporter comes across so well. I watched both seasons in less than a week. Highly recommended although Arsenal don't feature at all

It's absolutely brilliant and a great insight into how football actually works. Can't wait for another season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »

Watched it from the start. Great watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yeah Sunderland was great watch so far.

It's a bit sad to see how such a club can go downhill. In 2 years... Great insight into how football works behind the scenes and how being stubborn and keeping doing same **** with same ****ty results gets you nowhere, or even worse.

You lads have just reminded me I've got to finish watching Sunderland till I die.

Lived there for a few years, went to a good few matches. Met Jimmy Montgomery a couple of times, such a legend in those parts. Most of the lads I knew there had the Sunderland crest tattooed on them, the footy was such a big part of everyone's lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

There's your Friday evening sorted lads

Alan Smith remembers Anfield '89: 'We'll never see the like again'

'89' will air on Friday May 8 at 8pm on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Football, repeated on Saturday May 9 at 7pm. Also available On Demand from Friday evening.

There's your Friday evening sorted lads

Alan Smith remembers Anfield '89: 'We'll never see the like again'

'89' will air on Friday May 8 at 8pm on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Football, repeated on Saturday May 9 at 7pm. Also available On Demand from Friday evening.

It was a great night though I believe many Liverpool fans have better memories of it than a lot of Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Woodsie1 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_cwjfbgWpI

It was a great night though I believe many Liverpool fans have better memories of it than a lot of Arsenal fans.

I was there, must admit I don't have any complaints......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What am I missing here?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What am I missing here?

I said that because the ex Liverpool players and their fans never seemed to get over that night when we took the league at their place.
    The United players and fans reacted much better when we won the league at OT.

• Advertisement

I said that because the ex Liverpool players and their fans never seemed to get over that night when we took the league at their place.
    The United players and fans reacted much better when we won the league at OT.

The Liverpool fans were gutted that night but in fairness treated us really well.

A lot of Arsenal 'fans' left early for the train and I can never understand that. Micky's goal was like slow motion and was only discussing it with him this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Liverpool fans were gutted that night but in fairness treated us really well.

A lot of Arsenal 'fans' left early for the train and I can never understand that. Micky's goal was like slow motion and was only discussing it with him this week.

Woah! Tell us more!

What a day that was.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Woah! Tell us more!

What a day that was.

It still gives me the shivers.

Maybe I'm over romanticising it but there was something in the air that night that said it wasn't over . It was as though the players just looked at each other and became unstoppable, it's a passion I haven't seen in any of the current squads. That ball was glued to Michael's foot and the crowd went from one g'wan to another to another and then all hell let loose.i remember seeing an elderly Liverpool supporter just fall to his knees.

I'm a big fan of the film field of dreams, it reminds me of that night.

If you haven't watched '89 on sky, do it now !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

eigrod wrote: »

He seems a nice lad to hear him in interviews. Fame and football was probably the worst thing to happen to him.

Anyone watching motd last night? Shearer and Wright both picked Bergkamps goal against Newcastle as their best motd goal ever.
    Obviously impossible to choose from the thousands of goals, Henry's volley against Utd was also in there.
    I thought Van Persies volley against Charlton might get a mention

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Anyone watching motd last night? Shearer and Wright both picked Bergkamps goal against Newcastle as their best motd goal ever.
    Obviously impossible to choose from the thousands of goals, Henry's volley against Utd was also in there.
    I thought Van Persies volley against Charlton might get a mention

I’d agree with them tbh. Lots of thought process and skill went into Bergkamp’s goal. The others were great goals and also skillful but Dennis’s was a work of art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I’d agree with them tbh. Lots of thought process and skill went into Bergkamp’s goal. The others were great goals and also skillful but Dennis’s was a work of art.

The same can be applied to Wilshere's goal against Norwich. That's actrually the first I think of when you say work of art. Such a team goal too - performance art!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Girouds scorpion kick was a thing of beauty as well!

Jesus when you think of it we have a long list of great goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Personally I always preferred Bergkamp's v Leicester the way he kills the ball coming over his shoulder. Very like his WC goal v Argentina which is the best he's scored.

Newcastle would be his number 3 for me, iconic goal but there's a niggle of doubt that he meant it the way it turned out. All phenomenal goals though from a sublime player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

8-10 wrote: »
    Personally I always preferred Bergkamp's v Leicester the way he kills the ball coming over his shoulder. Very like his WC goal v Argentina which is the best he's scored.

Newcastle would be his number 3 for me, iconic goal but there's a niggle of doubt that he meant it the way it turned out. All phenomenal goals though from a sublime player

Ah he meant it, there are clips of him talking about it he says the ball was too far behind him and it was all he could do and says it could so easily have gone wrong.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Ah he meant it, there are clips of him talking about it he says the ball was too far behind him and it was all he could do and says it could so easily have gone wrong.

We have to assume that every goal was “meant”, otherwise we’d be ruling lots of them out. It’s not as if he was running the other way. He had to flick the ball past his marker, make sure he got turned before him, reach the ball before him and also reach it before the keeper did and then slip it past him. Everything had to come together for him to score. It was a fantastic bit of thought process and finishing. Genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

8-10 wrote: »
    iconic goal but there's a niggle of doubt that he meant it the way it turned out.

Wha?

Listen to the guy talk about it. No doubt whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Are the players back in training today? It'll be interesting to see what happens in relation to Bellerin. Does he want to leave and if so the club should cash in on him with three years left on his contract. It's finding a new club for him that may be difficult as Barcelona don't need him apparently. Bayern Munich have been mentioned. Talk of Torreira wanting to go back to Italy too as his agent was supposed to have hinted at it. Then there's the Aubameyang and Lacazette situations too. We really need to keep our best players and at the same time let Arteta build a new team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are the players back in training today? It'll be interesting to see what happens in relation to Bellerin. Does he want to leave and if so the club should cash in on him with three years left on his contract. It's finding a new club for him that may be difficult as Barcelona don't need him apparently. Bayern Munich have been mentioned. Talk of Torreira wanting to go back to Italy too as his agent was supposed to have hinted at it. Then there's the Aubameyang and Lacazette situations too. We really need to keep our best players and at the same time let Arteta build a new team.

Has there been talk of Bellerin leaving? He seems to love the club and the city so I’d be surprised at that

Has there been talk of Bellerin leaving? He seems to love the club and the city so I’d be surprised at that

There's been press rumours linking him but thats just press.

Only yesterday he gave an interview to Football London with his plan to help guide the new breed of Arsenal youngsters, so I'd be very very surprised if he's looking to leave.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/hector-bellerin-interview-arsenal-arteta-18272467

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

He's effectively captain, maybe that means he's off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I can’t see him leaving, he seems to be 100% arsenal and happy in England too

A rare breed these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It’s nuts hearing his hybrid Spanish/London accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

We have to assume that every goal was “meant”, otherwise we’d be ruling lots of them out. It’s not as if he was running the other way. He had to flick the ball past his marker, make sure he got turned before him, reach the ball before him and also reach it before the keeper did and then slip it past him. Everything had to come together for him to score. It was a fantastic bit of thought process and finishing. Genius.

Imagine if VAR had been around. That goal would've been ruled out for the gentle push on Dabizas.

There's been press rumours linking him but thats just press.

Only yesterday he gave an interview to Football London with his plan to help guide the new breed of Arsenal youngsters, so I'd be very very surprised if he's looking to leave.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/hector-bellerin-interview-arsenal-arteta-18272467

He'd have to learn Spanish all over again :D

• Advertisement

Coutinho rumour is gaining legs, it's certainly being talked about certain people at the club

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Coutinho rumour is gaining legs, it's certainly being talked about certain people at the club

He’s been pretty poor at Barca though, hasn’t he? And where do he and Ozil play?? Just doesn’t make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

He played well towards the end of his time with Liverpool, that's about it. £62m for him? Surely there's a better way to spend that kind of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I assume it would only be a loan? Either way we should avoid, he's the kind of player top clubs are moving away from.

emmetlego wrote: »
    He’s been pretty poor at Barca though, hasn’t he? And where do he and Ozil play?? Just doesn’t make sense.

In fairness Sanchez wasn't getting a kick for Barca when we signed him, Coutinho is definitely well capable of being top drawer but I do agree with you in regards where do him an özil fit in. Just a one year long makes no sense but if Arteta sees him a possible replacement could make sense but not for the money quoted.But like everything else if we read all the rumours it's like we're signing every player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The only player we don’t seem to be signing lately is benzema
    Which makes a pleasant change

Kalou still playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭djan

I'd be delighted with coutinho tbh. Ozil is getting on and at 30 years I don't see him improving his roller-coaster desire to play.

One thing that I always found frustrating that the way we play, the CAM always gets lots of shooting opportunities but ever since cazorla left, there hasn't been anyone with a decent shot in that position. Coutinho would at the very least solve that!

Seems the jersey posted online is legit and already in some shops.
    Bruised strawberry anyone?

https://mobile.twitter.com/cdavison_afc/status/1265260514852159488/photo/1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Seems the jersey posted online is legit and already in some shops.
    Bruised strawberry anyone?

https://mobile.twitter.com/cdavison_afc/status/1265260514852159488/photo/1

Maybe it'll look better in person? Also, why is it that everyone in a position to take a photo of something in order to leak it has a potato for a camera?

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Maybe it'll look better in person? Also, why is it that everyone in a position to take a photo of something in order to leak it has a potato for a camera?

Spent all his money on the Tag Heuer watch :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement