Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Anyone else not really feeling it for the rest of the season ?

True, decent finishes nonetheless.

Hopefully that gets the errors out of the way. (No I don't think so either)

Anyone else not really feeling it for the rest of the season ?

To be fair there hasnt been any games of importance for months to get in the mood.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I know but normally during the summer break I would be climbing the walls getting hyped for the new season but his is weird and it’s the first time I haven’t actually missed football
    Sky sports advert on Spotify saying it’s all to play for in the premier league

Reminds me of this

"The giants of Charlton play host to the titans of Ipswich, making them both seem normal sized...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Football is in the doldrums.
    I’m not even taking any notice of when we’re playing, who’s leaving or coming in or any rumours. Can’t see football without fans being of much interest either.
    No matter how the likes of Sky Ports or BT etc spin it it’s not the same, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Football is in the doldrums.
    I’m not even taking any notice of when we’re playing, who’s leaving or coming in or any rumours. Can’t see football without fans being of much interest either.
    No matter how the likes of Sky Ports or BT etc spin it it’s not the same, for me anyway.

doesn't help when your team loses to Brentford...:)

I'm sort of looking forward to the footie coming back, but it's far from top of mind. Maybe they'll give us something to cheer about, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

On YouTube Ian Wright is doing talks with Arsenal players and the manager under Adidas thing, a good look at how some of the ex players talk and how much Ian is an Arsenal man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ha I'm not the better of seeing the sports headlines this morning...

Rambo to Spurs
    Maitland-Niles sold to fund Auba deal
    Barca paying part of Coutinho wages to force though deal

Let's hope its a non news day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Ha I'm not the better of seeing the sports headlines this morning...

Rambo to Spurs
    Maitland-Niles sold to fund Auba deal
    Barca paying part of Coutinho wages to force though deal

Let's hope its a non news day :)

Are spurs gonna pay an injury probe player 400k a week?, plus can't see him going there.
    Wouldn't really bother me to see AMN leave
    Barca want something like 14m for 1 season loan, shouldn't touch that with a barge pole

My son tells me that Arsenal are favourites to sign Thomas Partrey from Athletico Madrid. He’s a highly rated defensive midfielder apparently.
    I don’t pay any heed to rumours but my son says he saw it on a reputable news source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Reports also floating around that a fee has been agreed for RB Lepzis's Upamecano. If true, that would be a phenomenal boost to the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

We will probably end up with Thomas the tank engine And give Ozil a pay rise

I thought we'd sacked the fat controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

We will definitely not be paying big money for Parety or that Leipzig CB months after making our players take a wage cut. Only way Parety happens is a swap with Lacazette and while that would be a stunning deal for us I find it a bit fanciful.

In the grand scheme of a club's financials, I don't think the break in play would have that much of an impact on a club of arsenal's size. Prices for players will be lower as well so, as long as the selling club is willing, things will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

How's Kliuvert doing with Roma? Talk of us getting him as part of the Mikhitarian (sp) deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Kluivert to Arsenal, is it 2003 again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

For the first time in a very, very long time, it's MATCHDAY!!

I'm excited, but also weirded out. I really don't know if these games are even going to be enjoyable without the crowd.

Ironically, I think Wenger would have loved empty stadiums, I remember the first time the Emirates really rocked he came out complaining that the players couldn't hear him shout commands.

Two fully fit squads tonight.
    We’ll get a realistic look at exactly where we are and where we’re lacking.
    Arteta in the newspapers today talking about a push for Europe.
    Although there’ll be no crowd and little atmosphere it should be interesting to watch.
    Anyone know what channel it’s on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Two fully fit squads tonight.
    We’ll get a realistic look at exactly where we are and where we’re lacking.
    Arteta in the newspapers today talking about a push for Europe.
    Although there’ll be no crowd and little atmosphere it should be interesting to watch.
    Anyone know what channel it’s on?

Everyone may be in good shape but I think there’ll be a bit of rust about them, nobodies played league football in 3 months. It’s like they just had a summer off with a half arsed pre season.

Everyone may be in good shape but I think there’ll be a bit of rust about them, nobodies played league football in 3 months. It’s like they just had a summer off with a half arsed pre season.

Yes indeed both sides will be rusty but there should still be a lot effort shown as they’ve been looking forward to getting back and training hard according to the two managers.
    I’m more hoping than expecting as I didn’t enjoy the German football in empty venues.

Anybody got a reliable IPTV for soccer? Sick of dodgy streams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Anybody got a reliable IPTV for soccer? Sick of dodgy streams

Check out Apollo group TV. Been using it on the firestick the last week and the quality is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

(From the BBC) Full teams to follow!

No Aguero or Ozil
    Manchester City v Arsenal (20:15 BST)

Changes, lots of them.

Manchester City make eight changes from the team beaten in the Manchester derby way back at the start of March.

In come Kyle Walker, Gabriel Jesus, Aymeric Laporte, Kevin de Bruyne, David Silva, Benjamin Mendy, Riyad Mahrez and Eric Garcia.

Sergio Aguero is on the bench. Fantasy woe.

Arsenal also make changes, five of them. Bellerin, Tierney, Mustafi, Willock and Guendouzi all come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Leno, Tierney, Mari, Mustafi, Bellerin, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock, Saka, Auba, Nketiah

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1273319068146286594?s=19

Looks like Saka playing on the left of a front 3 ahead of Tierney. Mari and Mustafi at the back.

Should be interesting.

Hmmm...or maybe Saka is on the right ahead of Bellerin, with Auba down the left?

stuchyg wrote: »
    Check out Apollo group TV. Been using it on the firestick the last week and the quality is amazing

Try using it on kodi! Nearly launched the laptop at the wall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Very interesting lineup. I don't mind it apart from Mustafi being picked ahead of Luiz.

Very interesting lineup. I don't mind it apart from Mustafi being picked ahead of Luiz.

Where’s Torreira?
    Not even in the panel.

Can anyone remember Ozil ever playing after a break?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Where’s Torreira?
    Not even in the panel.

Probably not fit to play yet, still coming back from a big injury. Either that or there's stuff going on behind closed doors.

I would say he isnt fit and I dont think he has to legs to keep with Man City anyway

• Advertisement

Hope our match is a bit more interesting and exciting than the Villa v Sheffield Utd match. It’s awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

nice to be back! any recipes lads?

Not too keen on the line up. Would have preferred to see Pepe and Martinelli start on the wings and Torreira at least on the bench. Regardless can't wait to watch a live match!

Arteta to address the Ozil absence after the game. I wonder why he couldn't beforehand.

Basil3 wrote: »

Looks like Saka playing on the left of a front 3 ahead of Tierney. Mari and Mustafi at the back.

Should be interesting.

Hmmm...or maybe Saka is on the right ahead of Bellerin, with Auba down the left?

So it looks like Saka down the left with Auba right

Basil3 wrote: »
    Arteta to address the Ozil absence after the game. I wonder why he couldn't beforehand.

Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Great to be back even as surreal as it feels.
    Like with most people, football was the last thing on my mind over the last few months but this is a timely and welcomed distraction.

omega man wrote: »
    Great to be back even as surreal as it feels.
    Like with most people, football was the last thing on my mind over the last few months but this is a timely and welcomed distraction.

And we’re all still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

My Apollo group down now despite working flawlessly all week, bastards

• Advertisement

Never a foul 😂

Fake crowd noise isn’t too bad

Thought it would be cringe but it’s not bad actually. At least you have the option for both.

Xhaka off injured, of course it would happen to one of our players

Xhaka injured through running into his own man and Torreira not in the squad.
    We never get a break.

He tripped over himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Apparently arsenal took a plane to get here at 5am. And then took two coaches to get there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Second injury for Arsenal?

Some things just don’t change.

We used to have class players, now it’s glass players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

5pm today seems absolutely ridiculous to me

Christ....3 subs left for the next 70 minutes. How are we going to manage?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement