Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

For anyone using Apollo group, try a vpn. Mine working perfectly now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They just mentioned they flew from stanstead at 5pm on sky, you can tell it’s a slow game when they are talking about travel plans, arsenal flying back from Liverpool tonight :D

5am would have been silly

5pm is even more silly lol rushing to get there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Christ....3 subs left for the next 70 minutes. How are we going to manage?

All 3 have to be used at the one time though dont they?

Doff wrote: »
    Second injury for Arsenal?

Looked more like cramp.... I suppose it has been 12 weeks since both last played in fairness.

Quazzie wrote: »
    All 3 have to be used at the one time though dont they?
    sugarman wrote: »
    Only 1 occasion left to make the remaining 3 though.

Christ i didnt know that. ive been out of touch with football since the lockdown

Any recipes?

At least we are making some effort to defend these times. Very structured look about us. trying to catch on the counter attack by the looks of things.

Anyone else think Saka isnt as effective this far forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

leno is in some form. 3 or 4 great saves so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

It's 37 minutes into the first game of trying it against the best possession team in Europe. So a bit harsh in my opinion

• Advertisement

Doesn't take long for the same sinking feeling to come back. I think we have been defending quite well, but we are too easily cut through, and have got lucky a couple of times through city errors or a lucky deflection.

We are also still painful on the quick break. When a pass should be released, a midfielder will turn back and pass to defence, losing all momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Basil3 wrote: »
    Doesn't take long for the same sinking feeling to come back. I think we have been defending quite well, but we are too easily cut through, and have got lucky a couple of times through city errors or a lucky deflection.

We are also still painful on the quick break. When a pass should be released, a midfielder will turn back and pass to defence, losing all momentum.

we do have a strong bench so a few changes will fix that. hopefully they aren't made too late

Could be a matter of getting a run of games to build up the sharpness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful mistake by Luiz. Very rusty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Neville is right, you'll never get rid of those mistakes out of his game

Willock is very weak in a tackle. Brushed aside several times already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dunno, he's pretty mistake prone mid season too..

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    It's 37 minutes into the first game of trying it against the best possession team in Europe. So a bit harsh in my opinion

Ah, I know, I'm not writing him off, I just think hes more effective coming from deeper.
    Could be a matter of getting a run of games to build up the sharpness.
    Yea there is a lot of rustiness out there for everyone today.

Injuries certainly didnt help us today. That from Luiz was solely down to a lapse in attention.

Not a bad performance effortwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Well lads, it's been a while.

Nothing says reassuring normality is on its way back quite like a Luis howler.

The stream I'm watching has the fake crowd noise.

I don't approve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I don't know. Not sure what he could have done about it. Was a vicious little curve ball dropping on the wet pitch right before him and coming at him hip high. No chance to know how it bounces. He could possibly have let it through but that may have been equally as bad.

I know he is good for the odd howler but I wouldnt hold this one against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Tierney looks really decent. The bad luck with injuries really bit us on the ass when Luiz made that error. Leno keeping us somewhat alive.

Nothing else to say really.

Arghus wrote: »
    Well lads, it's been a while.

Nothing says reassuring normality is on it's way back quite like a Luis howler.

The stream I'm watching has the fake crowd noise.

I don't approve.

its a bit loud, but to be honest, i hate the silence.

If we lose this game we’ll have 40 points out of a possible 87 which is quite poor for an Arsenal team. I couldn’t see us getting anywhere near a top 4 place in all honesty.

Not a bad performance effortwise.

Very impressed with Guendouzi. He's covering every blade of grass out there considering the man hasnt played in 12 weeks. Forcing City to spread the play too. We're not the big gaping hole we used be at least under Wenger and Emery.

• Advertisement

Very impressed with Guendouzi. He's covering every blade of grass out there considering the man hasnt played in 12 weeks. Forcing City to spread the play too. We're not the big gaping hole we used be at least under Wenger and Emery.

It’s a very good performance from him so far which bodes well. Hope it’s not a one off though. He’s always been a tryer but I still have serious doubts about him. Usually around his decision making and dithering on the ball. Hope I’m wrong.

If we lose this game we’ll have 40 points out of a possible 87 which is quite poor for an Arsenal team. I couldn’t see us getting anywhere near a top 4 place in all honesty.

Ive a feeling we'll get a result. Arteta seems to command a bit of team spirit and hopefully he'll rally the troops at half time. Impressed with our work rate under him. Its an awful shame we have Stan f**king Kroenke as owner because with a bit of spending we could go places. United fans give out about the Glazers but id take them any day over Stan. At least they spend money on the team

It’s a very good performance from him so far which bodes well. Hope it’s not a one off though. He’s always been a truer but I still have serious doubts about him. Usually around his decision making and dithering on the ball. Hope I’m wrong.

Young though. Still developing. Only turned 21 recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Pen.

Oh luiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

David Luiz has so many brain fart moments. Can’t wait for next season.

Oh and he’s off.

Goodnight.

• Advertisement

Nightmare from Luiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

This feels familiar.

Taylor couldn’t wait to give that. ****.

Sin e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Genuinely get rid of him now

Fúckin hell Luiz :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Sign him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Ah well

Leno must have as many touches as anyone on the field. Why do we insist on playing so much in our own box. I thought that bull**** was gone with Emery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Ffs.

I really hate how the rules state if the last man commits a foul and gives away a penalty, he's sent off too. It's a double whammy of a punishment.

A penalty and yellow card would be enough punishment. The rule as it stands effectively kills the game as a contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Just let the fella go, two absolutely stupid mistakes within ten mins of each other. Do we have any youth players we can play at CB or maybe anyone else who doesn't give away a wreckless mistake a game?

Not even a booking for Sterling???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Leno must have as many touches as anyone on the field. Why do we insist on playing so much in our own box. I thought that bull**** was gone with Emery

We don’t have the squad for that nonsense. Playing out from the back with this lot is suicide, evidently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah, lads, reading this thread is just like old times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭DenMan

Saliba had better be an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Ffs.

I really hate how the rules state if the last man commits a foul and gives away a penalty, he's sent off too. It's a double whammy of a punishment.

A penalty and yellow card would be enough punishment. The rule as it stands effectively kills the game as a contest.

I think the rule as it stands strikes a decent balance. If Luiz had attempt to make a fair challenge for the ball, rather than a deliberate foul, it would only have been a yellow.

We'd see a hell of a lot more last man fouls if the punishment for a deliberate foul was just a yellow and penalty. It'd be worth the gamble to take the attacker out and hope the penalty is missed.

DenMan wrote: »
    Saliba had better be an improvement.

Hopefully but they should just go out and buy a class CB like Liverpool did and stop pissing about.

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, lads, reading this thread is just like old times!

Yip. But team spirit, Arteta, etc. It's all different now.

Defensive lapses of concentration have been the cornerstone of our decline over the last decade and a half. Cygan, Senderos, Squillachi, Mustafi, Luiz....too many to mention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Thought a red was a little harsh.
    Wasn't the most egregious last man tackle.
    I expected a yellow when watching it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement