Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Business as usual at Arsenal football club, in particular David Luiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Im more concerned now for Saturday. Almost a full half with ten men against City and some injuries and suspension has made the Brighton game much more difficult

DenMan wrote: »
    Saliba had better be an improvement.

Alot of pressure on a young player really. We probably need Upmencano or a Koulibaly to shore up that backline but fat chance of that happening unless we sell a player. Arteta does seem to be prioritising defence though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No shot on target yet from us.

Why do we allow opposition players to dribble straight up the middle under no pressure, while our defence backs off? It's inviting pressure.

• Advertisement

AMN. We’ll surely win now.

No shot on target yet from us.

We started very well. it was always going to be tough against City. disappointing we havent offered more in attack though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Defensive lapses of concentration have been the cornerstone of our decline over the last decade and a half. Cygan, Senderos, Squillachi, Mustafi, Luiz....too many to mention.

Cygan was a lot better than all of those just got a raw deal because of the calibre of players around him at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

vetinari wrote: »
    Thought a red was a little harsh.
    Wasn't the most egregious last man tackle.
    I expected a yellow when watching it.

No attempt to play the ball, straight red.
    Shouldn't play for us again I don't care how much a positive role he has at the club

Cygan was a lot better than all of those just got a raw deal because of the calibre of players around him at the time

Ah now Brian he was sh1te. A big man and he stuck to the ground. A letter would get there faster then a message travelling to his brain and thats even a letter posted during this covid crisis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Can anyone tell me why Luiz’s challenge was a foul and Garcia’s on Eddie was **** all? Garcia’s was more ****ing blatant

Can anyone tell me why Luiz’s challenge was a foul and Garcia’s on Eddie was **** all? Garcia’s was more ****ing blatant

Anthony Taylor.

Agree completely. Ref has been godawful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Got to remember, we lost 2 of our starting 15 in the first 1/4. It's a straw I'm clutching to!!! So annoyed at Luiz.

Anthony Taylor.

Fair Point

Tierney booked, Sterling not. Disgraceful refereeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Anthony Taylor.

To be fair, Luis is slow and constantly giving away frees, getting cards and making mistakes.

Refs deal with him regularly and get used to blowing the whistle at him, it's probably just muscle memory at this stage.......

One of the worst buys ever imo

Triangle wrote: »
    To be fair, Luis is slow and constantly giving away frees, getting cards and making mistakes.

Refs deal with him regularly and get used to blowing the whistle at him, it's probably just muscle memory at this stage.......

That does not explain why Sterling wasn’t booked though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Silvestre has got to be up there too

• Advertisement

That does not explain why Sterling wasn’t booked though.

Or Walker, got away with 4 fouls on the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Il never genuinely understand the thinking behind buying Luiz. He has whole YouTube compilations of his blunders. He has experience yes, but at what cost. He doesn't half arse his fcuk ups either

Shíte tonight ill agree but overall, i couldnt be too critical of his tenure. He looks a man thats off though. Mentally he is no longer at the club.

Who has been good for Arsenal tonight? Actually Mustafi hasn't been bad. Didnt put a foot wrong. Tierney i feel badly needs games. Ceballos has been excellent since he came on. Impressive workrate.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Silvestre has got to be up there too

In Silvestre's defence, he was only ever a makeshift centre back and i think it was a case of his pace completely gone at full back. I think he was a solid player for United. We got him when he was past it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

That was a complete waste of time.

I'm won't be going out of my way to watch any more games this season. I didn't enjoy it before the break and I still don't.

It's just ****ing painful to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

In Silvestre's defence, he was only ever a makeshift centre back and i think it was a case of his pace completely gone at full back. I think he was a solid player for United. We got him when he was past it.

He also came smack bang in the middle of Project We Can't Spend Money.

Its City, ill write off this game. To be honest we are only seeing out this season. Its been a write off as a whole. Hopefully a few good signings and an improvement next season.

Please have 1 shot on target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I can't get too annoyed. We've all been through a lot over the last three month, lets be thankful it's back in all its meaningless glory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Even with 11 men we looked clueless! Playing nothing but horrible long balls over the top. Never expected much away to city anyway. Glad to have the football back :pac:

Not even a shot on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭emmetlego

So saddened by that. Was expecting so much more really. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and sorrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

farna_boy wrote: »
    That was a complete waste of time.

I'm won't be going out of my way to watch any more games this season. I didn't enjoy it before the break and I still don't.

It's just ****ing painful to watch

Literally playing against a team funded by a country. It’s ok. We will have better days but at the moment we can’t compete with them.

Something odd about Arteta’s interview there.
    Ozil left out of a 20 man squad for tactical reasons my hole while the likes of Willock and AMN were included.
    He backed Luiz to the hilt too and said he wanted him to stay.
    Bewildering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ozil left out of a 20 man squad for tactical reasons my hole while the likes of Willock and AMN were included.
    Bewildering.

Very odd

• Advertisement

And an absolute power play by Luiz there at the end with that interview, hope to god we don't renew him ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Bewildering.

What I get from that is, both are leaving this summer :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Literally playing against a team funded by a country. It’s ok. We will have better days but at the moment we can’t compete with them.

Forget countries even county’s would of beat Arsenal last night. If you gathered up 11 men on the streets of Roscommon yesterday they would of beaten Arsenal last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That was a poor first 11 Arteta put out last night. Eddie and Willock still makes no sense to me and his insistence on playing Auba out of position clearly affects his play as he barely got a sniff last night.

Nothing he coulda done about Luiz really but how he’s even in our squad is beyond me.

• Advertisement

Is next season supposed to start on the normal date? Happy to just ignore football until then.

The only silver lining to last night is that my kids soccer team is having a socially-distanced get-together on Sunday night to watch the Liverpool v Everton match. At least half the kids and parents in the team seem to support Liverpool, so would have been painful having to watch them winning the league then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I actually thought we were doing ok before the first goal.

As an aside, has Aubameyang ever had a good game when played on the left? Sick of seeing him out there

NDWC wrote: »
    I actually thought we were doing ok before the first goal.

As an aside, has Aubameyang ever had a good game when played on the left? Sick of seeing him out there

Some of Arteta’s team and panel selections have been bewildering to say the least. He needs to get his act together soon or it will be another good ebening.

Some of Arteta’s team and panel selections have been bewildering to say the least. He needs to get his act together soon or it will be another good ebening.

Seriously.....14 games in 2 of which he's lost , how are we ever meant to blow the whole thing up and rebuild if people are going to be looking for a new manager (and i know that's not what you said) after every **** result

Seriously.....14 games in 2 of which he's lost , how are we ever meant to blow the whole thing up and rebuild if people are going to be looking for a new manager (and i know that's not what you said) after every **** result

You’re right that I didn’t say I wanted him gone. I said he could come under pressure and soon enough if he doesn’t start picking his best teams. Sticking with and backing up the likes of error strewn Luiz won’t help him either. He needs a proper CB asap and a some of the young lads like Willock might be good for the future but they are not good enough now to get us into Europe. Some of his selections are a bit puzzling.

We need to clean the place out , Look at Ozil he's the 1st one that has to go , causing **** again things on intsagram

You’re right that I didn’t say I wanted him gone. I said he could come under pressure and soon enough if he doesn’t start picking his best teams. Sticking with and backing up the likes of error strewn Luiz won’t help him either. He needs a proper CB asap and a some of the young lads like Willock might be good for the future but they are not good enough now to get us into Europe. Some of his selections are a bit puzzling.

Luiz wouldn't have touched the pitch of Mari didn't get injured and prob nowhere near squad if the rest weren't still in the physio room, and in fairness it obvious we are actively trying to sign another CB along with already signing Saliba.But I agree about team selections, last night was a bit of no no for me. But who knows what going on in training. I honestly don't see what everyone at Arsenal is seeing with willock, and AMN. I think if Arteta has his way alot could be out the door and 3-4 brought in. But that needs backing from owner.
    And now with FFP assessments supposedly put off until next season now is when the owner should be ploughing money in.
    Look at what Chelsea are doing in the market.
    Time for Josh to back up all his talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭Azatadine

We need to clean the place out , Look at Ozil he's the 1st one that has to go , causing **** again things on intsagram

What's he saying on it?

Azatadine wrote: »
    What's he saying on it?

He posted "no matter what" on his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBkzs8HJ6cS/

Stirring again , the same kind of rubbish he was posting when he was been left out by emery

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement