Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Rob2D wrote: »
    I can't agree with you on that. RE2R was the definition of cut content. Plus not to mention how they butchered the A/B senarios.

It was a good game, but let's not pretend like they didn't cut corners there as well, just to shore it up with tacked on dlc later.

Was thinking about this the other day. The A and B scenarios are practically identical. There's only one extra boss in the B scenario and some different item placements but you do exactly the same things in the B scenario than the A one. The original game wasn't like that so I would agree with you though the DLC was free.

That said, it was still excellent as it was made from scratch. RE3 had the engine and some assets already and Capcom have stripped out large parts of it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I thought RE2 remake was an almost perfect game. Second only to Sekiro in 2019. I'd never played the original so had nothing to compare it to.

Smyth's seem to be shipping orders placed on or before 27th so I hope to get RE3 soon enough. Should probably play Ghost Survivors while waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

RE3 had the engine and some assets already and Capcom have stripped out large parts of it.

Hearing reports that the clocktower and park have been cut entirely.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hearing reports that the clocktower and park have been cut entirely.....

They have, according to Eurogamer. I don't really see why. I would have happily waited for a more complete game. Nemesis just turns into a series of boss battles after the opening Raccoon City segment.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The issue is you have to focus on the base game at launch that didn't have any of that. The release was lacking. Entire sections, enemies and boss battles left out. A/B senarios were a joke. And yet nobody complained......

RE3 was never meant to be a mainline title, which was why it was so short. It was originally conceived as a spin off, expansion type thing. If anything this RE3 remake is just true to form.

Sure they could have fleshed it out more, but they didn't bother doing that with RE2R so why is everyone surprised they didn't do it here?

I think people (myself included) enjoyed RE2 for what it was, not what it wasn't. Sure a lot of things were changed or cut from the original, and scenarios made a lot more similar, but the gameplay was still incredibly enjoyable, the map design we did get I thought was great, and it was still a great challenge requiring multiple playthroughs. I played RE2 back in the day, but stuff being cut from it for the Remake didn't bother me. I would have liked a bit more variety between scenarios, but even then the similarity in the scenarios helped with practicing for Hardcore S+ runs.

I don't mind things being cut from the originals so long as what we do get doesn't suffer because of it. A 6-hour story, given that I'd probably do additional playthroughs at 2 hours each means I'll probably get 12-16 hours out of it. I'm happy with that so long as it's good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sometimes stuff gets cut in games because it is detrimental to the game. The cut areas could have slowed the game down and cutting them would have made the game flow better.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sometimes stuff gets cut in games because it is detrimental to the game. The cut areas could have slowed the game down and cutting them would have made the game flow better.

The park in the original wasn't great but I really liked the Clocktower.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    I think there was also an "Unlock all completion bonuses" thing too, for unlocking minigun, rocket launcher etc without having to get S ranks and stuff, though they waited until a few weeks after launch for that.

I actually saw that there. It's reduced to €2 now :pac:

They have, according to Eurogamer. I don't really see why. I would have happily waited for a more complete game. Nemesis just turns into a series of boss battles after the opening Raccoon City segment.

It's a remake of a mainline title (contrary to the idea it's not).
    I suspect the devs review the old game and decide for better or worse what should stay or go based on years of feedback.

I'd be certain they have added features and areas which are not in the first game too.

It's quality over quantity. Some of us enjoy that. The game is designed to be replayed too I suspect like the original.

If people want to spunk 50+ hours into a collectathon then there are plenty of Ubisoft titles to keep them busy.

Was thinking about this the other day. The A and B scenarios are practically identical. There's only one extra boss in the B scenario and some different item placements but you do exactly the same things in the B scenario than the A one. The original game wasn't like that so I would agree with you though the DLC was free.

That said, it was still excellent as it was made from scratch. RE3 had the engine and some assets already and Capcom have stripped out large parts of it.

That's not entirely true either tbh.

Adas section is completely different to Sherrys
    Claire visits new areas that are inaccessible to Leon and vice Versa.

• Advertisement

It's a remake of a mainline title (contrary to the idea it's not).
    I suspect the devs review the old game and decide for better or worse what should stay or go based on years of feedback.

I'd be certain they have added features and areas which are not in the first game too.

It's quality over quantity. Some of us enjoy that. The game is designed to be replayed too I suspect like the original.

If people want to spunk 50+ hours into a collectathon then there are plenty of Ubisoft titles to keep them busy.

It's not unreasonable for people to expect their money's worth. I can't stand dead, padded out open world games but I would expect to be busy with a brand new game for more than two sittings.
    That's not entirely true either tbh.

Adas section is completely different to Sherrys
    Claire visits new areas that are inaccessible to Leon and vice Versa.

I said the A and B scenarios, ie Leon A and Leon B. They're virtually identical. Just the extra boss and a few swapped item placements.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's only £35 on CD Keys now for PC.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Hopefully they replaced them with something else. I will miss the clocktower though. Even the park would have made a cool setting if fixed up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Another consideration is that they likely changed both REmakes to try & fit the lore of the sequels.

Anyway I'm likely to skip this one, I don't think it's for me.

Waiting for the inevitable Code Veronica Remake though :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Waiting for the inevitable Code Veronica Remake though :pac:

Now that's one people will be happy to see pretty much everything cut from! :pac: I suggest they start by cutting Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Currently playing Claire's B run in RE2 Remake nearly a year after completing Leon's run, stopped because I found Mr. X way more intense in Claires run but now that im past that im enjoying it again! :)
    I played the demo, I think I would like it but then if you have no break at all from Nemesis chasing you then maybe not!
    I didnt play the original so if someone could tell me if youve any break from him at all let me know haha

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    if someone could tell me if youve any break from him at all let me know haha

Unknown. In the original he appeared at scripted times.

Just been billed by Smyth's so hopefully have by release date. Won't be disappointed if I have to wait longer.

Tried some of The Ghost Survivors in RE2 last night, really showed me how crap I am at these games.

Just been billed by Smyth's so hopefully have by release date. Won't be disappointed if I have to wait longer.

Tried some of The Ghost Survivors in RE2 last night, really showed me how crap I am at these games.

They're quite tricky scenarios and for some reason, Runaway has the lowest difficulty rating despite being the hardest by some way.

They're quite tricky scenarios and for some reason, Runaway has the lowest difficulty rating despite being the hardest by some way.

Tried that one. First attempt made it to the garden. Next attempt the bus. Gave up till tonight. Found it very difficult though glad to hear others may be more manageable.

I think I'd need my full concentration to complete. Don't think it's against the clock so at least that's something.

• Advertisement

• For any Xbox owners the game is on the Turkish Xbox store for about 35e which may not be a bad price for this considering the length of the game. (5 -6 hours from reviews I have seen)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 themallrat

Gamestop are doing online orders again. I preordered Resident Evil 3 Remake yesterday evening and already got a confirmation it's being shipped today for delivery. Last minute bit of hope if you still want to get a physical copy of the game.

Order has shipped from Smyth's. Anyone know if these use An Post? No tracking ID in email and a dead link. I most likely won't be home when they attempt delivery on this as still working. Definitely don't want it returned in current situation as could be a nightmare to arrange another delivery and collection most definitely not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

themallrat wrote: »
    Gamestop are doing online orders again. I preordered Resident Evil 3 Remake yesterday evening and already got a confirmation it's being shipped today for delivery. Last minute bit of hope if you still want to get a physical copy of the game.

Same. Cancelled my Amazon order when I saw GameStop were back open as it would be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Order has shipped from Smyth's. Anyone know if these use An Post? No tracking ID in email and a dead link. I most likely won't be home when they attempt delivery on this as still working. Definitely don't want it returned in current situation as could be a nightmare to arrange another delivery and collection most definitely not possible.

DPD. You'll probably get a text with a timeframe for delivery tomorrow morning, if you have a Parcel Wizard account you'll also get an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Loved the demo but I"ll wait until it's 20 euros or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

A lot of people giving out 3 isn't like the original game, as someone who only played 7 and 2 remake I'm excited for 3. Hope it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

All my Smyths order come from AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 themallrat

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Same. Cancelled my Amazon order when I saw GameStop were back open as it would be quicker.

Good move. I read a few weeks ago that Amazon said to expect delays on video game preorders for the first few weeks in April. It was lucky to get this option so close to release given a lot of people have no way of getting a physical copy anytime soon.

• Advertisement

I pre-ordered on Greenmangaming. Still awaiting the key.

Advertisement