Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

A guide on PC settings optimisation for RE2 from Reddit in case anyone needs it:

"Dont use DX12, you get nothing but a performance penalty with no benefits."

Well that's just DX12 in a nutshell isn't it!? :pac::pac:

Volumetric lighting on medium, that'll be the same as RE2 then. I don't agree with FXAA + TAA though. That gives me an awful ghosting effect during motion. Leaves an image trail. Unless they fixed it for 3 I'd go with SMAA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just tampering with brightness now. Playing this in daylight isn't the best idea. Anyone have any tricks for getting rid of the washed out effect?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Just tampering with brightness now. Playing this in daylight isn't the best idea. Anyone have any tricks for getting rid of the washed out effect?

Try playing on an OLED 4K in daytime with a bright sun, stupid they use reflective glass on these TV's, when it's dark I may as well play on a mirror. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I could never get that right in RE2. It just seems to be the way they made it. You can download a mod for 2 that gets rid of it:

https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil22019/mods/14

Do anpost deliver Saturday now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Do anpost deliver Saturday now?
    I got stuff delivered from delivered from Gamestop on a Saturday before.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I got stuff delivered from delivered from Gamestop on a Saturday before.

Hoping that's the case. My collectors edition sitting trolling me in Dublin depot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hoping that's the case. My collectors edition sitting trolling me in Dublin depot
    Cross your fingers and hope for the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Mine was misrouted to D10 yesterday morning after being in the D12 office. Probably could have had it yesterday but sure it's here today.

About 90 minutes in. It definitely throws you in the deep end right away with the action. So far no complaints really. Feel a bit more pressure with more zombies especially just before Nemesis showed up. Need to get the timing of the dodge down as I depleted a lot of the health early on. Lots of supplies early on thinking they were very generous but went through it quick enough.

Playing on PS4 Pro. Looks savage, plays very smooth. Surround sound spot on. Stepping on glass outside the train station to random gunfire in the background. Music is fairly tense too.

It's still early yet, but I managed to get around Nemesis ok. As I mentioned before there was times Mr X got in the way of me enjoying parts of RE2 but RE3 isn't kicking my ass too badly so it's challenging but still enjoyable. We'll see how tough it gets down the line.

I wonder if the sewer and police station will be repetitive after playing RE2 a good few times.

They weren't kidding when they said short, 5 f'n hours and it's over. I explored %99 of the area's too. There better be a B scenario. :(

• Advertisement

There is no B scenario lads. It was the same with the original.
    Why are folks expecting there to be one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

There is no B scenario lads. It was the same with the original.
    Why are folks expecting there to be one?

I think people are just mad its so short, its even shorter than the original by the look of it. In this day and age, there is no reason not to flesh things out a bit, if the original is short.

Especially with the way the prior resident evil remakes extended the game time by a few hours, making this shorter than its original version is more than a step back in the grand scheme of things.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I loved the opening few minutes in first person. That could have been the start of a good detective game.

Spoilers lads

nix wrote: »
    I think people are just mad its so short, its even shorter than the original by the look of it. In this day and age, there is no reason not to flesh things out a bit, if the original is short.

Especially with the way the prior resident evil remakes extended the game time by a few hours, making this shorter than its original version is more than a step back in the grand scheme of things.. :(

I've never played RE until 7 so I'm new, from what I heard though they changed so much in 3 remake so why not extend the game. I was stunned when it ended and most of my time was the long boss fights. I'd say I could get it down to 2-3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I've never played RE until 7 so I'm new, from what I heard though they changed so much in 3 remake so why not extend the game. I was stunned when it ended and most of my time was the long boss fights. I'd say I could get it down to 2-3 hours.

You used to be able to do the original in less than 45 minutes if you speed run it. Best I ever got was around 70 minutes because I was terrible :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You used to be able to do the original in less than 45 minutes if you speed run it. Best I ever got was around 70 minutes because I was terrible :pac:

Yes but that was PS1? In the really early days, this is 2020 with games that last 100 hours.

• Honest answers only please. Is it worth 60e or is it worth waiting for the price to lower down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TitianGerm wrote: »

There's a trophy for completing it in 2hrs, I don't know how people do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's a trophy for completing it in 2hrs, I don't know how people do it.

I was using unlimited weapons when I got my best time so yes I was cheating :pac:

• Advertisement

Honest answers only please. Is it worth 60e or is it worth waiting for the price to lower down.

It's €55 and no it isn't worth it unless you wanna play it right now and depends what you'll get out of it, if you only play it once and that it's then no, if like me you'll do 10 runs and get 100 hours of it... also we could all be dead in a few months at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's €55 and no it isn't worth it unless you wanna play it right now and depends what you'll get out of it, if you only play it once and that it's then no, if like me you'll do 10 runs and get 100 hours of it... also we could all be dead in a few months at this rate.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I'm just finished up with Carlos at the police station, now with Jill right after the train crash

How close am I to the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'm just finished up with Carlos at the police station, now with Jill right after the train crash

How close am I to the end?

I'd say 65 % through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Honest answers only please. Is it worth 60e or is it worth waiting for the price to lower down.

Honestly unless your a massive RE fan, i wouldnt. I loved it but not worth 60 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'd say 65 % through.

I'm just there now and it's been 1:53. Feels longer though, curious to know how long it will take me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Took me about 2 hours to do what was effectively the demo level. It's times like this I get my money's worth by not being v good at RE games:-) really enjoying it tho. Also
    yer man Nemesis is a b#llocks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm probably over halfway through. It's fun. I think they did a wonderful job of Carlos' character. Nikolai is very hammy. The Raccoon city portion feels very rushed though the hospital, ironically is a lot more fleshed out than the original game.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I'm probably over halfway through. It's fun. I think they did a wonderful job of Carlos' character. Nikolai is very hammy. The Raccoon city portion feels very rushed though the hospital, ironically is a lot more fleshed out than the original game.

It's better but you'll fly through the hospital, is it me or is the game missing that discovery and puzzle factor 2 had? Just seems to be barren most of the time and the zombies are sponge bullets. 2 won.

• Advertisement

It's better but you'll fly through the hospital, is it me or is the game missing that discovery and puzzle factor 2 had? Just seems to be barren most of the time and the zombies are sponge bullets. 2 won.

Definitely an austere feeling to it. I count one puzzle so far. Hospital was surprisingly fun. Hunters are still... Hunters at least.

There's very little in the way of exploration and the level design is horrendous for a Resident Evil game. I don't object to backtracking at all if it's executed well such as in the last remake.

I wonder if this was just rushed out the door. A year is very little time to design and create a game in this day and age.

Advertisement