Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

The original RE3 was great, auld Nemy boy was great banter

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Did most of you play Resident Evil 3 when it originally came out?

No. Even though I had RE2 and liked the idea of RE3, never got around to getting it. But it's RE2Remake that has me more hyped for this than anything else, my definite game of the year for 2019. If this can hit even nearly the same heights, I'm all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played 3 when it first came out as i was in love with the series from 1 & 2. As great as 3 was, i have very little memory of it. Well probably be for the best so Remake 3 won't be as familiar to me. Cannot wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

3 and 6 are the only main series games I've not yet played... and RE2 remake has me really hyped for this one!

Demo is out Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Nice,i wonder if we will get to play the section that's been shown in the previews,doubt it though peob a watered down version

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Any word on what time the demo is up?

5pm tomorrow

Seems it will come out during early morning for xbox 1 tomorrow round 5am

Cant wait to get my arse handed to me by Nemesis, looks intense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Psn is midnight tonight if anyone is wide awake with Coronavirus anxiety and want to distract themselves with.... another virus.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

About half an hour of footage here:

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

For anyone interested in the Gamestop route, you can get it for 30 when you trade one of these games.

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Playing this now,i think headshots are actually worth going for now they seem to do damage instead of just adding a bit of crit chance to each shot either that or crit chance is up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Nemesis is a lot tougher than Mr. X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Evade wrote: »
    Nemesis is a lot tougher than Mr. X.

Noooooooooooooo

As it turns out he's not quite as tough as I thought but I'd still say tougher than Mr. X. I was used to playing RE2, I only finished it a few weeks ago, and RE3 has some changes. The biggest one being there's no defensive items, you get a dodge button instead, and the knife doesn't wear out. Knee capping and stabbing them while they're down still seems like the most ammo efficient way of dealing with zombies.

He's fecking brutal but i like it that way, feels very sufficating and rachets the tension. The way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got some weird textures on the characters hair. Looked really odd but I don't know if it's due to me changing graphics settings or what.

Also is there a way to quit the game on PC? Couldn't find an option so had to Alt Tab out.

Demo was excellent
    The design of the city streets is really well done too

• Advertisement

Tense ****ing demo. Loved the graphics and sound, really brought the zombie apocalypse to life. **** Nemesis though that jumpy bollox. I didn't think the demo would finish that quick or i would have actually used the shotgun. Full game looks to be great.

Spending alot of time trying to get the perfect dodge down but i just can't tell which moment in the zombie lunge i should be doing it and is it hold or press the dodge button?

How big is the download on pc?

Was 6 and half gigs for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Playing the demo with headphones adds to the tension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Started downloading this last night. 20 hours!!
    Switched it off and got up at 5. Downloaded in less than an hour. Must be some congestion during the evening with everyone at home due to people staying indoors.

Look forward to playing when I get home from work tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Her boobs jiggle a bit too much for that outfit. BUT, I respect the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://streamable.com/melu9

Not sure I like the look of this. Mr.X made you feel helpless, which was great, but it looks like if you get the timing down you can take the piss out of Nemesis.

You only get the M4 on easy mode so maybe that's not the best representation of how tough Nemesis is.

• Advertisement

I'd say most people aren't going to be arsed learning to perfect dodge tbh it reminds me of the parry in dark souls,timings very specific.

Advertisement