Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

daheadonu wrote: »
    I'd say most people aren't going to be arsed learning to perfect dodge tbh it reminds me of the parry in dark souls,timings very specific.

I managed it only once last night. Now to be fair I didn't spend too much time at it.

TBH I wasn't expecting them to make Nemesis as serious as he used to be anyway. That kind of thing wouldn't fly in this day and age.

I love that they kept the M4 for easy, great homage and fits so well for those that prefer newer Resi style.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Yeah managed to do it 10 times vs the first zombie then i was having real trouble pulling it off,i think you the time to do it is when the zombie "throws" itself at you so you don't wanna be to
    close to a zombie.

Personally think the open spaces and lack of tank controls will make him less frustrating to fight,he was a nightmare in the original with the tight spaces although I cheesed him at every opportunity

Really hope they address the performance on the Xbox one X
    It's atrocious compared to RE2 Remake
    I found it much harder to aim because of the choppiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Absolutely love this demo. Can't wait for the full game. Only hope Smyth's don't decide to close or government instructs only essential services open.

I've managed the dodge counter a few times but haven't yet been able to turn around in time to shoot while taking advantage of the slow mo time.

Love
    the way Nemesis creates different zombies
    . Not finished it yet but think this is shaping up to be a great game.

Edit to add. 2 minutes later demo over. Didn't even get to use the shotgun. Wonder where Max (streamable link above) got that gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Edit to add. 2 minutes later demo over. Didn't even get to use the shotgun. Wonder where Max (streamable link above) got that gun.
    You get an extra starting gun on easy, like in the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only thing worse than the Nemesis is people who play on easy *hock spit*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only thing worse than the Nemesis is people who play on easy *hock spit*

But.... unlimited machine gun....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can he actually be downed? Thought i saw somewhere about him still dropping items?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Demo performed well on my system. Very much similar to the previous one. Might pick it up when Denuvo is removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Played through the demo last night. I can see why they picked this part of the game for the demo, a really good, large enough map that allows for exploration.

The one slight drawback for me was
    the introduction to Nemesis. You're just walking out of the doughnut shop and he's just there, and Jill is like "oh what's he doing to those zombies", so she's clearly seen Nemesis before. Also, did something about this sequence seem kind of rushed to anyone else?

It's a difficult one for the developers because they had to pick a section of the game for the demo that was nice and open and gave a good feel for what the game will be like, but that choice came at the expense of the weight of Nemmy's introduction.

Edit: forgot to mention, another thing which I didn't exactly love (and we're into nitpick territory now so bear with me) was the main menu screen, a big pic of Nemesis in all his glory. You know what he's gonna look like before you even start the game.

• Advertisement

the introduction to Nemesis. You're just walking out of the doughnut shop and he's just there, and Jill is like "oh what's he doing to those zombies", so she's clearly seen Nemesis before. Also, did something about this sequence seem kind of rushed to anyone else?

It's a difficult one for the developers because they had to pick a section of the game for the demo that was nice and open and gave a good feel for what the game will be like, but that choice came at the expense of the weight of Nemmy's introduction.
    Yeah. Introducing him when you use the fire hose and having you run back to the doughnut shop or something probably would have been better.

Edit: forgot to mention, another thing which I didn't exactly love (and we're into nitpick territory now so bear with me) was the main menu screen, a big pic of Nemesis in all his glory. You know what he's gonna look like before you even start the game.
    The original had him right on the cover of the box too.

Nemesis is in the main menu of the original

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

True he was on the cover of the original but that was an artist's depiction, where as the main menu is a graphic rendering. Look, I said it was nitpickey! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Is it true that aiming for the head drops the zombies faster

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Is it true that aiming for the head drops the zombies faster

Took loads of shots for me apart from the odd time I landed a critical. Found best tactic was mentioned by another poster above - knees then stabby stabby. Though knees took quite a few shots as well.

Headshots ive found seem to be more effective than RE2, could just be my imagination though, nothing to back it up with.

Don't know if difficulty plays a part because I played 2 on the highest and it could sometimes take almost a whole magazine to fully end a zombie. In this I think it took a few less bullets. They have more stun animation. In 2 their bodies wouldn't flinch at all from headshots. It was quite unrealistic. Even if they can't feel or ignore pain a bullet has force when it hits a skull so it's good to see more stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Played through the demo last night. I can see why they picked this part of the game for the demo, a really good, large enough map that allows for exploration.

I have a feeling you meet him before, and thats why she's so blase about him

Has anyone managed to collect all the bobbleheads yet?

Were there difficulty settings in the demo? I couldn't see any. Aim assist was closest I saw to an easy mode.

Think I only got 6 bobble heads. Across two play throughs.

• Advertisement

Were there difficulty settings in the demo? I couldn't see any. Aim assist was closest I saw to an easy mode.
    It gives you the option to switch if you die a few times.

It goes from normal to easy? I wonder if it's all just damage changes. Wouldn't mind some unique moves and behaviors from Nemesis on hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

madcabbage wrote:
    Can he actually be downed? Thought i saw somewhere about him still dropping items?

I heard you have to pit him in a downed state twice and then you get stuff but what you get is related to when you down him, apparently if you down him when he's just chasing you ya get supplies but if you down him during a story sequence you get better wtuff like in the original.

Downing him multiple times in the demo gets you nothing anyway. I'm sure that will change for release.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So you just run in the demo? That would've been handy to know before a dozen failed attempts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Downloading the demo now, how long has a playthrough been taking folks?

JimBurnley wrote: »

Quite short.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I just finished it there. Took me 43 minutes and 14 seconds. Died twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

madcabbage wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to collect all the bobbleheads yet?

Apparently some of them are mad specific.

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1241028127796543488

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

I don't think there are many people looking forward to this game who don't know what he looks like at this stage.

Also, they're not going to include the section where you first meet him in the demo. In the RE2 remake, although I knew what Mr. X looked like, I didn't know when I would meet him or how, so I was on edge before I met him and this feeling kept building the further I went into the game. When I did meet I was playing for a while and just turned the console off :D a memory that will stick with me for a long time. So saving his introduction for the full game is a no brainer.

I know you're only nitpicking but you probably should have steered clear of the demo with the game coming out in 2 weeks anyway.

I have it downloaded and will hopefully give a go later.

Advertisement