Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

RE games are usually short anyway. It's no big surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Reviews definitely don't seem as positive as RE2, but I'll still play it anyway. Need something to take my mind off the virus and near empty shelves in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just a general comment but I'm finding there has been an incredible amount of nitpicking in the general gaming community over the last few months.

people have opinions, unfortunately the internet puts them in places we can see them

gimli2112 wrote: »
    people have opinions, unfortunately the internet puts them in places we can see them

Ah no, I get that. It's discussion. And that's not aimed at anyone directly. Just something I've noticed.

Tbh we have been spoilt recently so maybe that's the reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

An entire playthrough + ending has been leaked. Capcom have been taking down the videos. Will post with spoiler warning if I find a mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

An entire playthrough + ending has been leaked. Capcom have been taking down the videos. Will post with spoiler warning if I find a mirror.

giphy.gif

Exactly. Just don't post it at all.

To preview more of the game? Entertainment? Curiosity? Why else does anyone watch videos of people playing video games :confused: I'd personally love to have a scrub through the timeline and see how some gameplay elements are handled later on. I wouldn't watch the whole thing, though.

Unfortunately I can't find the gameplay I wanted. Only the ending if anyone cares. Haven't watched it myself. Spoiler alert: https://youtu.be/-b2wAT4dFjA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Games don't need to be a specific length for the sake of it. As long as they're good that's all that matters. 6 hours is on the shorter side but it isn't a negative point. The fact that it's more expensive and there's less to do is a fair criticism though. Realistically most people have a backlog of games, movies and TV shows to catch up on so I appreciate it not being 10 hours for the sake of it. I'm sure most people will play the game more than once anyway.

I haven't seen Nemesis mentioned much, I'm worried about it being a pain in the ass. As much as I liked the stress of Mr X, it did get in the way of me enjoying the game sometimes. Nemesis seems to be much tougher, I just hope it doesn't ruin the fun for me.

I saw someone infinitely dodging him in the demo. If you have good reaction time it actually seems less scary than X. If this is how it is in the final version I don't think you have much to worry about there. Didn't try that myself though because I uninstalled the demo before I even saw Nem.

I think it's shorter because of the online mode. That definitely eats up time and budget. I'll also wager that this title will have have more DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

My copy arrived from GameStop. Going to be tough working from home until 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LOL at all the boardsies going "but IGN gave it a 9!"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    LOL at all the boardsies going "but IGN gave it a 9!"

I opened the IGN review and the first line was "By Lucy O'Brien" so I immediately closed the link.

Really want a physical copy of this so I can trade after a quick playthrough. Looks like I'll be holding out til shops open again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think it's shorter because of the online mode. That definitely eats up time and budget. I'll also wager that this title will have have more DLC.

I have no idea why they've hemmed in an online mode nobody wanted. There are plenty of online shooters and online zombie games. I'd much rather have gotten a longer and richer game. Instead, I've seen some reviewers quote five hours, a dearth of puzzles and both the park and clocktower areas have been cut for some unfathomable reason.

I don't know if I can cancel my pre-order now. Probably won't bother as I think it only came to £33 or something like this but I'm looking forward to it a lot less.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I opened the IGN review and the first line was "By Lucy O'Brien" so I immediately closed the link.

Really want a physical copy of this so I can trade after a quick playthrough. Looks like I'll be holding out til shops open again.

I've ordered it on Amazon. Says exclusive edition available to preorder. People have been getting Amazon deliveries in a timely fashion. Not 4 weeks like some suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I've ordered it on Amazon. Says exclusive edition available to preorder. People have been getting Amazon deliveries in a timely fashion. Not 4 weeks like some suggest.

I wish, still haven't shipped P5R for me despite taking payment on Friday. Delivery estimate is Friday, for a game released today.

Edit: Delivery has been revised to Saturday which means it won't arrive until Monday.

blaa85 wrote: »
    My copy arrived from GameStop. Going to be tough working from home until 5!

I thought it's not out until Friday?
    I have no idea why they've hemmed in an online mode nobody wanted.

Especially when they could have done Mercenaries, which is what people actually want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

5-6 hours playtime is music to my ears. There's been enough 60+ hour open-world time sink collectathons released over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Rob2D wrote: »
    I thought it's not out until Friday?

Since GameStop closed up their warehouse yesterday, they sent them out early.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

5-6 hours playtime is music to my ears. There's been enough 60+ hour open-world time sink collectathons released over the last few years.

Agreed re: open world games but this is a full release and priced as such. They've removed areas and modes available in the original. The game when I played it on Playstation was a lot longer than 5-6 hours and had puzzles to boot, not to mention the mercenaries.

There may be DLC but shelling out this price for a full game only to be done with it in a day is poor form from Capcom and disappointing given how excellent Resident Evil 2 was.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The open beta for Resident Evil Resistance is out now on Steam, anyone want to add me to friends to give it a try?

disappointing given how excellent Resident Evil 2 was.

I can't agree with you on that. RE2R was the definition of cut content. Plus not to mention how they butchered the A/B senarios.

It was a good game, but let's not pretend like they didn't cut corners there as well, just to shore it up with tacked on dlc later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I can't agree with you on that. RE2R was the definition of cut content. Plus not to mention how they butchered the A/B senarios.

It was a good game, but let's not pretend like they didn't cut corners there as well, just to shore it up with tacked on dlc later.

What DLC was there for RE2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What DLC was there for RE2?

The Lost survivors or something. Three expansions. Kendo etc. Not actually played them.
    Edit It was ghost survivors, not lost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Which were all free so don't see the issue?

They were free

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Lost survivors or something. Three expansions. Kendo etc. Not actually played them.
    Edit It was ghost survivors, not lost.

Was that not a free update? I thought the only DLC was for different costumes?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was that not a free update? I thought the only DLC was for different costumes?

I think there was also an "Unlock all completion bonuses" thing too, for unlocking minigun, rocket launcher etc without having to get S ranks and stuff, though they waited until a few weeks after launch for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'm not saying there was an issue. Free updates are always welcome (even if I haven't played them yet). Hadn't seen previous posts so just answered titiangerm.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Which were all free so don't see the issue?

The issue is you have to focus on the base game at launch that didn't have any of that. The release was lacking. Entire sections, enemies and boss battles left out. A/B senarios were a joke. And yet nobody complained......

RE3 was never meant to be a mainline title, which was why it was so short. It was originally conceived as a spin off, expansion type thing. If anything this RE3 remake is just true to form.

Sure they could have fleshed it out more, but they didn't bother doing that with RE2R so why is everyone surprised they didn't do it here?

Advertisement