Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valencia Marathon December 2020

Options
  • 10-12-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't normally do this 12 months in advance but the bibs are selling very fast. 20 of 30 thousand gone already. The price has gone up I'm afraid but there might be folk here interested. After Pollock this year and what not.

Also, the timing might suit some for whom Dublin is a bit too early for whatever reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Itziger wrote: »
    I wouldn't normally do this 12 months in advance but the bibs are selling very fast. 20 of 30 thousand gone already. The price has gone up I'm afraid but there might be folk here interested. After Pollock this year and what not.

Also, the timing might suit some for whom Dublin is a bit too early for whatever reason.

What's the best way to get to valencia from Dublin for this. I have previously flown to alicante and got the train down, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

redved wrote: »
    What's the best way to get to valencia from Dublin for this. I have previously flown to alicante and got the train down, thanks

Check out the 2019 thread or earlier years. MacPhisto and his brother D.V. seem to be the experts. I don't live in Ireland so I can't help too much. Either Barcelona, Madrid or Alicante I suppose. I usually end up doing Barcelona and trying not to miss the train up the day after.

Reminds me that Valencia really need to fly to different bloody cities by which I mean Luxembourg, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

redved wrote: »

Ryanair do direct flights to Valencia but I think the scheduled days aren't great, twice a week, maybe a Wednesday and the Sunday. Maybe they will change their schedule for next winter (friday and monday would be nice!).

I have gone via Madrid a couple of times. Early morn flight with Aer Lingus or Ryanair ( prob get tickets for 50-70euro return that time of year), followed by bus from airport to Atocha train station in Madrid which takes 20mins (5euro) , followed by high speed train for 1hr45 mins to San Justa train station in Valencia (around 35-45euro each way).

I have travelled by rental car from Alicante before. Around a 100 min drive with a few tolls on the main motorway. If you take the national roads its toll free. Im not sure what the bus/train connections are like from Alicante.

I have found the Madrid route pretty smooth and the train is a nice relaxing, stress free way to travel pre marathon. I'm sure the Barcelona and Alicante route is just as good. Im not sure what the cheapest option is.

Thanks for the advice, I think the Madrid option might be the one to look at

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mogrump

Itziger wrote: »

700 entires left.........

• Advertisement

Just wondering about the likelihood of this going ahead. The organisers seem to be of the opinion it will happen but it seems unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I'd love to think it will but hard to see it going ahead for everyone. 30,000 people? Nah.

Advertisement