If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV - budget around 800

Options
  • 10-12-2019 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Thinking about buying a new TV, budget up to around 800. 

My current TV isn't bad at all. My big issue is that it only does HDR on 1 HDMI and think it's 8bit also. 

It's a 55KU6670 - so again, not at all a bad TV. I'm happy entirely with the general picture quality. Sharp and pretty good blacks.

Is is realistic to expect an upgrade on this for 800ish? Or do I need to go higher? 

Use is equally movies/TV and Xbox One X/PS4 Pro.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Homelander wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thinking about buying a new TV, budget up to around 800. 

My current TV isn't bad at all. My big issue is that it only does HDR on 1 HDMI and think it's 8bit also. 

It's a 55KU6670 - so again, not at all a bad TV. I'm happy entirely with the general picture quality. Sharp and pretty good blacks.

Is is realistic to expect an upgrade on this for 800ish? Or do I need to go higher? 

Use is equally movies/TV and Xbox One X/PS4 Pro.

Many thanks.
    Hi Homelander.

The UK6770 range where a decent television.

However with a 800 Euro budget you could go for a QLED which would be several steps up.
    There is the Samsung 55Q60R priced at 799 Euro - 100Hz - 10Bit (8Bit +2FRC)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203930-samsung-qe55q60r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

Also around this budget is the LG 55SM8600 which is also a fantastic screen priced at 849 Euro - 100Hz - 10Bit (8Bit +2FRC)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204041-lg-55sm8600pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

For a native 10Bit panel you would starting at the Sony 55XF9005 priced at 929 Euro - 100Hz - 10Bit.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203177-sony-kd55xf9005-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

That's great, thanks so much. I think I would go for the xf9005 alright, for the sake of a 100 euro it would seem silly to get one of the others compared to my current TV.

Quick question on delivery - can it be arranged for a specifc day or how does that normally work?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Homelander wrote: »
    That's great, thanks so much. I think I would go for the xf9005 alright, for the sake of a 100 euro it would seem silly to get one of the others compared to my current TV.

Quick question on delivery - can it be arranged for a specifc day or how does that normally work?
    Hey Homelander.

I agree! The Sony is excellent and its reviews support that.

For delivery you can request a certain day no problem (Excluding weekends).
    We are still a week away from our last shipping day before Christmas.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.