Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Annes Park capacity?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

Concert will finish around 10:30 or thereabouts, and I'd plan for an hour to get into town one way or the other. Dart is probably most predictable.

But MCD might still publish some more transport info. There's already concerts on the weekend beforehand, as well as Fri & Sat before then Duran Duran concert. Keep an eye on the interwebs, it'll give you an idea what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

What is parking like in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

From what I can remember the last time Raheny was closed for some reason and there was a corridor from Harmonstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Apologies for hijacking this thread to ask my question but seemed better than clogging everyone up with a new thread.

We happen to be flying in from Germany while Dermot Kennedy is on in St Annes. So scored 2 tickets. My 11 year old daughter is excited as this is her first live concert of any kind.

For this reason I would like to get up the front as close as possible. I have never been to St Annes before. Where is the actual ticketing checking entrance for the gigs? And is it possible to camp out there a LONG time before the show actually starts in order to be one of the first to get in.

I was taken to a few U2 gigs in the past and this is what we did. Camped right at the entrance and were one of the first people in, and which point there was a SPRINT as people being let in ran to be the first up the front :) I think my daughter would get a kick out of doing the same here.

So all infos on tricks and tips to achieve this, appreciated greatly!

• Advertisement

You can't arrive before the time of the concert, you'll be asked to move away from the area.

However, I wouldn't worry about not being able to get to the front at a Dermot Kennedy concert, most of the people attending will be asleep, bored senseless or trying to hang themselves from the trees. Just be careful you don't stand on anyone on your way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

While John Rambo is slightly exaggerating, if you get there an hour before gates, you'll be as close to the front as you want, the DK crowd will be milling the pink gins and posing for the gram until the support act ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭downtheroad

St Anne's Park is in the middle of a very residential area. There's about 50 streets you can park on and be no more than 10 minutes from the perimeter of the park.

There's be no parking in the area, same as last time there was concerts in St. Annes Park.

I'm a resident, and they sent a letter saying they'll have checkpoints at all the points in, Mt Prospect avenue (both ends) Vernon Ave, Howth Road, Kincora road, Clontarf road, Watermill Road, Howth Road Killester, Brookwood avenue, Harmonstown road from 7am to 1am.

I actually don't mind people parking, it's no skin off my nose, but just warning you in case you end up trying to park outside the cordons with everyone else that drove.

Best of luck, enjoy the gigs!!

Post edited by John_Rambo on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Know nothing about the singer myself. Living here in Germany my daughter just decided its someone she likes. So the fact his show happens to coincide with us being home anyway, has made her somewhat excited and beside herself.

So where specifically IS the ticket checking entrance, and stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Hi, does anyone know if the Saturday market will be running as normal on the concert weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Guys,

Just wondering about what alchol will be on sale at the Paul Heaton gig. Orchard thieves or Vodka is the question as Its all the wife will drink... if its not being served we will drive in to the gig.

Anyway of finding out? Bringing the kids as well (10 and 11) so any advise on this would be great

Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Plastic cups of warm heineken will be available lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

And islands edge, and orchard thieves (diabetic piss). Seems to be a cocktail bar as well. I've only been to the noodle place myself so far as I was starving

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Anywhere close by to get decent pub grub before the gigs?

Manhattan Pub Cross the road from Raheny dart Station is alright for food.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

We were able to drive right onto all saints Road yesterday and park pretty much directly across from the "Blue route" entrance to St Anne's. 10 mins walk from there into the concert.

There is a car park within the park that's available as well

Oh and the wood fired pizzas were delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Any idea on stage times today? With the weather I’m not going to bother with support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I was at the gig last night and the bar was a sh1tshow. Hour wait for a drink at least. More than an hour for a taxi which is par for the course but I'm not from the locality so I'd no idea where I was going as there were no signs or stewards along the routes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Yeah, great gig but the q for the bar was horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Went to the bar after deacon blue last night, fancied an islands edge (best of a bad lot). Queue looked like Dublin airport so I just went thirsty! (Other than the soft drink I'd bought at the noodle bar, lovely pad Thai by the way) I saw plenty of stumbling drunks on the way out so figured they'd bought in bulk.

It didn't ruin the night though, what a great line up and atmosphere. I'm glad I was sober because I had to hang around the city centre trying to get a bus back to Maynooth for an hour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Jesus the gig tonight was pure garbage

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sammy96

Noel Gallagher played a very short set. 90mins was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Yeah felt like it was only getting warmed up and it was over

Ya very disappointed with it that tbh. Surely 2 hours is the least to expect these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Not getting two hours from pretty much any act. 90 mins to 105 mins is the norm

Paul heaton was 2 hours the night before.

Have to say that hasn't been my experience especially with artists who have a big back catalogue.

90mins for Harry Styles and Billie Elish ya

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The night before last, Paul Heaton and jacqui abbot played for 2hrs 15

Advertisement