Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smarter home device removed and immersion left not working

Options
  • 10-12-2019 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I got a call a couple of weeks ago from Electric Ireland to arrange disconnection of Smarter Home device which was installed earlier this year.

The girl calling said I should have received an email about this. I advised that I did not and tried to confirm if the correct email address was used. She was disinterested and said that Electric ireland was ceasing the service and devices would be disconnected whether returned or not.

I sought clarification as to what was being disconnected and I had a climote heating device installed at the same time as a immersion smart switch and was told this was outlined in the email - which I reminded her I had not received. She confirmed that it was only the immersion smart switch.

An appointment was made for their representative to attend our house for yesterday. The representative attended and removed the wifi hub the system was using and would appear to have disconnected the immersion smart switch. I don't know for sure because our immersion is not working since then. THe wiring for when the smart switch was installed has not been reversed and now we have no way to turn on our immersion manually. We normally use our immersion daily.

Electric ireland why did you leave us with a mess. It was bad enough for the lack of excuses for the removal of the device in the first place but the very least I could have expected was that you would leave things operational. I have sent an email already which has been ignored.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi dazza21ie, 

We're sorry to read this.

Can you please send us your account details? We will then liaise with the Home Services department on your behalf.

We need you to please send a private message with the following details: 

- Your full name
    - Your address
    - Your contact number
    - Your Electric Ireland account number
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement