Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Richest Party on the Island of Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Will Sinn Fein be allowed to use this money north and south or just in the north does anyone know?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Some folk sniff an election. Where's the SD's are useless thread? or 'Fianna Fail, a disater!...when not in partnership with FG' thread? :)

I think money will help for advertising but folk have their idea of what each party offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

maccored wrote: »
    this whole shinnerbot bull**** is fantastic fantasy stuff.

... says the Shinnerbot, as he joins the thread 5 posts in.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

El Tarangu wrote: »

Don't think maccored has ever hidden the fact that he is a member of SF, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

El Tarangu wrote: »

shinnerbot - hahahahaha.

You may go google 'bot' while yer at it.

• Advertisement

Don't think maccored has ever hidden the fact that he is a member of SF, in fairness.

" "El Tarangu", a word in the Asturian language for a man reputed for his strength and character."

says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

15 odd years later and we're still waiting on that 'proof' that the 'Ra robbed the northern bank. Trimble didnt want to talk to SF at the time but politically had to. then the robbery happened and Trimble no longer had to talk to SF. Doesnt take a genius to work out what actually happened.

So Trimble’s aides sent some of the stolen money down to Cork in Daz boxes?

So Trimble’s aides sent some of the stolen money down to Cork in Daz boxes?

the RUC set aside 50 grand which was found in their gym .... thems the facts. Yer man in cork was jailed for being an IRA member - not charged with laundering money to do with the bank robbery. Ted Cunningham on the other hand was done for money laundering but wasnt charged with being in the IRA. As I say - 15 years later and still not an ounce of evidence to point to the IRA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    My question I was will this huge windfall enable SF to win more seats?

Don't think so. People will still love SF or have a strong dislike for them. No amount of money or advertising is ever going to change that.
    If SF don’t think it will have any impact on the ability of the party to fight future elections why not donate the money to a mental health or homeless charity?

That would be a nice gesture but SF are more into receiving than giving.

Berserker wrote: »

That would be a nice gesture but SF are more into receiving than giving.

Like any political party ever funneled donations to charities. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Berserker wrote: »
    You do realise that your vote, even a third or fourth could get them elected? Is it any different than giving them your first preference? Lucky for SF that people don't vote based on policy. If that was the case, they wouldn't get a vote from anyone who works and earns more than €37K.

Laugh at them for doing what exactly?

Some people put more thought into voting than 'how much will this directly affect me in my pocket?'

Democracy is a societal construct, it isn't supposed to be carte blanche to the most self-serving who think nothing of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Some folk sniff an election. Where's the SD's are useless thread? or 'Fianna Fail, a disater!...when not in partnership with FG' thread? :)

I think money will help for advertising but folk have their idea of what each party offers.

With six or seven threads on Fine Gael, and one on Sinn Fein, I think we can pretty much determine which folk are sniffing an election and getting their digs in (and it is not FG supporters, or the ludicrous, laughable and silly idea that there are FG bots on here).

The Social Democrats are pointless, nothing different or new to offer, just a home for some ex-Labour people who couldn't get on with the previous leadership. what's left of them will be back in Labour after the election.

As for the Sinn Fein money, as someone else suggested earlier in the thread, finding this man's accounts all over the world is a good way to safely launder what's left of the Northern Bank money that wasn't used to build house extensions all over Dublin for former IRA men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Will Sinn Fein be allowed to use this money north and south or just in the north does anyone know?

Its an all Ireland party. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Cash- strapped RTE brown nose FFG, election incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

blanch152 wrote: »
    With six or seven threads on Fine Gael, and one on Sinn Fein, I think we can pretty much determine which folk are sniffing an election and getting their digs in (and it is not FG supporters, or the ludicrous, laughable and silly idea that there are FG bots on here).

The Social Democrats are pointless, nothing different or new to offer, just a home for some ex-Labour people who couldn't get on with the previous leadership. what's left of them will be back in Labour after the election.

As for the Sinn Fein money, as someone else suggested earlier in the thread, finding this man's accounts all over the world is a good way to safely launder what's left of the Northern Bank money that wasn't used to build house extensions all over Dublin for former IRA men.

Which party has the most money?
    How do I join?
    How long will I be waiting on my house extension afterwards?

And you can back this up how? Proof must be an unheard of word in the house of blanch152

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

And you can back this up how? Proof must be an unheard of word in the house of blanch152

\he probably blames shinners for the famine, so expect no better here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Friend of mine worked on a few of them in Dublin 7. About as much proof as anyone posts on here.

When it is SF or the IRA, an allegation is enough for blanch, the alleged is guilty by dint of his suspicions. Enda Kenny used operate on the same 'principle' - make the allegation the dirt will stick.

If it is the British, the DUP, FG or anyone else, full form proof in triplicate is required.

Gas really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I reckon this came just in time for SF as their £26m previous "donation" was running out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Friend of mine worked on a few of them in Dublin 7. About as much proof as anyone posts on here.

I believe ye.

No, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Its an all Ireland party. :D

I appreciate that but the money was willed specifically to Sinn Fein Northern Ireland, whose registered office is the same as Southern Sinn Fein in Parnell Square.

I was of the opinion that SF in the different jurisdictions cannot simply pool resources and have to make separate and individual returns re funding, election spending etc to the relevant authorities.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Is this you *not* defending Fine Gael again? Ner a mention of the Greens :)

You've a friend profits off IRA money? Japers Blanch :eek:
    Did you turn him in or did he turn himself in? I assume one scenario happened.

You've a friend profits off IRA money? Japers Blanch :eek:
    Did you turn him in or did he turn himself in? I assume one scenario happened.

It's not as if it is hard for blanch to do the right thing about his 'friend'.

https://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-criminal-assets-bureau-arrest-4931897-Dec2019/?utm_source=twitter_short

It's not as if it is hard for blanch to do the right thing about his 'friend'.

https://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-criminal-assets-bureau-arrest-4931897-Dec2019/?utm_source=twitter_short

His pal is probably a good Republican Green ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Donations to political parties are monitored. Are inheritances due the same diligence? Just wondered.

Probably different rules North and South though.

Advertisement